Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

If they sign Upton or Cespedes, there is zero chance they sign Austin Jackson.

Austin Jackson makes some sense if they go cheaper. He probably is a lot like Trayce Thompson defensively. His hitting is a question but he has had some good seasons. He hit well at USCF last year with the Mariners, and then was soon traded.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)

And that's fine. That's what I'd do though. They still need a player that keeps LaRoche on the bench vs LHP and it may as well be an OF so that Melky can DH

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)

Austin Jackson makes some sense if they go cheaper. He probably is a lot like Trayce Thompson defensively. His hitting is a question but he has had some good seasons. He hit well at USCF last year with the Mariners, and then was soon traded.

If we moved LaRoche I wouldn't mind signing Cespedes and Jackson. Improve the defense in the outfield: Eaton Jackson Cespedes

Jackson's OBP has really declined, the last two years; .311 and .308.

I'd rather just play Shuck Eaton and Upton, if Melky is moved to DH.

I read that it will take at least $15-18 million for a couple of seasons to lock him up. Remember, he is a Boras client.

I didn't check to see if he received a Q. O., which is another consideration.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
Jackson's OBP has really declined, the last two years; .311 and .308.

I'd rather just play Shuck Eaton and Upton, if Melky is moved to DH.

I read that it will take at least $15-18 million for a couple of seasons to lock him up. Remember, he is a Boras client.

I didn't check to see if he received a Q. O., which is another consideration.

Jackson didn't receive a QO and wasn't eligible for one. Shuck is also LH though which doesn't really solve anything.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
Someone on one of the CSN shows was talking about how Cespedes absolutely strikes fear into the pitchers when he's at the dish. I didn't know that but I like it.

It was SportsTalk Live, and it was the guy that also predicted the Bears are going to release Cutler next season and Sign Peyton Manning to a 1 year deal.

This market is starting to look like the market when the Sox were able to get Abreu. Boston, the Yankees, Dodgers all not really looking for OF. You have to figure the Cardinals will sign one of them. Washington needs a CF. If the Tigers and Angels are truly out, the earlier estimates of the contracts these OFs receive are going to look inflated.Very inflated.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
Haha oh my lord. Who is that? Jason Goch? That guy says dumb s***.

http://www.csnchicago.com/show/sportstalk-live

It's the first guy seen after Garfein in this clip. I don't think they talk about Cutler in this clip, but I hate this guy and everything he says is just completely dumb.

The problem with these guys is none give the indication that they will be consistent for the duration or most of the duration of the contract.

Gordon seems like he would be the best, but he's not the "slugger" for which Kenny Williams is on his eternal sojourn. (don't remind Kenny that to win the WS he dumped a slugger and shored-up OF defense).

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
The problem with these guys is none give the indication that they will be consistent for the duration or most of the duration of the contract.

Gordon seems like he would be the best, but he's not the "slugger" for which Kenny Williams is on his eternal sojourn. (don't remind Kenny that to win the WS he dumped a slugger and shored-up OF defense).

Dude, you are beyond delusional. The 2005 White Sox had solid power or better at almost all positions and hit 200 HRs. I'm not sure how comparing those teams or players are relevant at all.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Dude, you are beyond delusional. The 2005 White Sox had solid power or better at almost all positions and hit 200 HRs. I'm not sure how comparing those teams or players are relevant at all.

I also don't get how Justin Upton can't be considered pretty consistent.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)

Sure they hit homers...but not with swing and miss low obp sluggers, fawned over hereon.

Sox had players across the board who who could hit.

They also played impeccable defense and dumped a slugger at a steep discount to shore up his and other positions.