2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 05:53 PM)
Hub Arkush who probably pukes anytime he gives the Bears a compliment, says they have gone from the worst inside LBs in the league to the best.

Fanboyism at its finest. You don't have to like Hub, but he's very intelligent when it comes to the NFL.

It's too bad, by the way, that Chicago has milked the crap out of the 1985 Bears for 30 years, because it's such a sad day for the Bears organization, but the general feeling about the 85 Bears stories is exhaustion. It's all been so overdone now.

And it's still embarrassing the Bears have to celebrate a Super Bowl from three decades ago.

Edited by Deadpool

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)
Fanboyism at its finest. You don't have to like Hub, but he's very intelligent when it comes to the NFL.

It's too bad, by the way, that Chicago has milked the crap out of the 1985 Bears for 30 years, because it's such a sad day for the Bears organization, but the general feeling about the 85 Bears stories is exhaustion. It's all been so overdone now.

And it's still embarrassing the Bears have to celebrate a Super Bowl from three decades ago.

Hey look, someone else is listening to Bernstein too

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
Hey look, someone else is listening to Bernstein too

Did he say something wrong? Pretty sure he didn't. Both networks are unlistenable today with the 85 Bears talk.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)

Hub also said the Seahawks were not a good football team the year they won the Super Bowl.

In fact he said something like anyone who knows anything about football know Seattle isn't a good football team. Oops.

I watch and listen to Hub. But it is true ever since the Bears sacked him from their radio team, he has rarely had anything nice to say about them. And more than a couple times it was sour grapes. When he spoke about the LBs it was kind of shocking.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)
Did he say something wrong? Pretty sure he didn't. Both networks are unlistenable today with the 85 Bears talk.

No, I just found it funny that you are decrying fanboyism while parroting Bernstein

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
No, I just found it funny that you are decrying fanboyism while parroting Bernstein

Thinking Hub Arkush cries every time he says something positive about the Bears is fanboyism. Agreeing with radio hosts that the 85 Bears are old news and the excessive celebration of that team is a product of a terrible organization is just common sense.

Dan Bernstein isn't particularly intelligent, but he's on the money on this.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Thinking Hub Arkush cries every time he says something positive about the Bears is fanboyism. Agreeing with radio hosts that the 85 Bears are old news and the excessive celebration of that team is a product of a terrible organization is just common sense.

A key guy from a super bowl team died. Of course they are going to talk about the 85 Bears. To think they wouldn't is stupid. Thought it is particularly funny that by ranting about talking about that team, he is spending time talking about that team. Nice principles there DB.

So in other words, you haven't paid any attention to Hub and his Bears comments since they sacked him on the radio.

I would disagree. That team was something special, one of the most dominate team in any given season in any sport. It was enjoyable to watch them play at anytime. The didn't win, they dominated.

Yes, it sucks the Bears haven't won since but that should be separate from continuing to enjoy that season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
They are celebrating 1985 today because Buddy Ryan died. If they had won 5 Super Bowls since, they would be all 1985 today.

Yes, but it's just so tired and pathetic now because it has been going on for years.

Seahawk Michael Bennett hosts free football camp, rips Stephen Curry for charging big for his

And Bennett told KHON2.com that he’s upset that other athletes — specifically naming Curry — have come to Hawaii and charged heavily for their own camps.

KHON reports that Curry held a four-day camp over the Fourth of July weekend on the campus of BYU-Hawaii that “charged overnight campers $2,250.”

Said Bennett to KHON: “I see a lot of different athletes come through Hawaii whether it’s Steph Curry or whoever it is. They all come here and it makes me mad, because I live in this community and I understand this community — that there’s so many kids who can’t afford to pay such a high amount of money. In my mind it’s like, how much money do you need before you start giving back for free? And I think a lot of athletes should start focusing on that.”

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
Sports on Earth ‏@SportsonEarth 2h2 hours ago

The upheld Brady suspension inches us closer toward closure in this Deflategate debacle. http://oak.ctx.ly/r/4uthr

Brady officially drops all appeals and will serve the 4 game suspension.

Roger Goddell 1, Science 0

There definitely seems to be some early buzz among Bears insiders about the defense. I am already excited to see what that crew has to bring to the table.

Its July 15th, I should not be as excited about this.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)
Brady officially drops all appeals and will serve the 4 game suspension.

Roger Goddell 1, Science 0

Pats will show no mercy when he comes back. Expect scores to be run up.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
Deadspin ‏@Deadspin 5m5 minutes ago

Ezekiel Elliott's girlfriend posts photos of bruises, claims she's a victim of domestic violence:

If Elliot did this, not good at all.

Good fit with the Cowboys