2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 07:12 PM)
Shouldn't have spiked it on first down.

Always great to see the Cowboys lose

That drove me nuts. That and kicking the PAT after their first td when they were down 15. That last rodgers throw though...damn.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 10:17 PM)
Refs took two points off the board and the team you know the league would rather match up with NE moves on. NFL can be really shady sometimes.

LOL. I see your point, but that was textbook holding, easy call.

I had hopes for the Chiefs putting up a fight in Foxboro, but such a piss poor performance from their defense tonight.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 12:32 AM)
f***ing Mason Crosby, squeezing in 2 FGs that were heading wide.

I thought he missed both of those at first. The 56 yard one looked like he shanked it at first.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 08:39 AM)
@RobertKlemko

Cobb said the final play was not an actual playcall. Rodgers just told each receiver what to do, like a kid drawing in the dirt. Seriously.

Wut?

I get about as much enjoyment out of stories like that as I do the Jason Heyward WS locker room speeches. LOL

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 08:53 AM)
I enjoyed that story about the made up play at the end just about as much as watching Jerry Jones facial expression at the end of that game.

I hate the Cowboys and Packers almost equally as much so that game was a lose/lose. Plus I am a Bears fan so thats a lose/lose situation as well.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 08:39 AM)
Its pretty safe to say that Fangio isnt going anywhere next season right? Now that vacancies are being filled it doesnt look like there are any other landing spots for him.

Well, it seems very unlikely that Fangio would get a HC gig at this point (since San Francisco would already know him pretty well and didn't act in the past and appears focused on an offensive head coach (presumably one of Shanny / McDaniels). That said, it could be that at some point one of these teams reaches out to Fangio to be the DC and he could ask Fox and Fox (depending on the relationship) could allow Fangio to leave.

I will say, if Fox stinks, on my realistic list, Shanny would be my top choice (Harbaugh is my actual #1). I can't believe he hasn't gotten a gig this year already (presume San Fran will hire him or Josh).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
Well, it seems very unlikely that Fangio would get a HC gig at this point (since San Francisco would already know him pretty well and didn't act in the past and appears focused on an offensive head coach (presumably one of Shanny / McDaniels). That said, it could be that at some point one of these teams reaches out to Fangio to be the DC and he could ask Fox and Fox (depending on the relationship) could allow Fangio to leave.

I will say, if Fox stinks, on my realistic list, Shanny would be my top choice (Harbaugh is my actual #1). I can't believe he hasn't gotten a gig this year already (presume San Fran will hire him or Josh).

Perhaps, SF is waiting to interview a coach that's on a playoff team.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 08:52 AM)
Perhaps, SF is waiting to interview a coach that's on a playoff team.

They actually have already interviewed both McDaniels & Shanny (did so during each teams bye week). They've also interviewed Tom Cable, Anthony Lynn (person who had been Bills interim coach), Sean McDermott (Bills new HC), Vance Joseph (Broncos new HC), and Sean McVay (Rams new HC).

On that list, I would assume that it will likely be either Shanny / McDaniels getting the job (unless they pull a wildcard). A lot of people thought the Niners were going to hire a Pats guy as the GM, but supposedly he ended up saying he wasn't interested (and the presumption is McDaniels would have been a package deal with him). I presume hold up in San Fran is they want to finalize the new GM to ensure the coach / GM dynamic works properly.

It now seems that Ron Wolf's son might be the Niners GM (they are currently pretty focused on two Packers guys).

I saw this on Twitter, the AFC has just been dominated by 3 quarterbacks. The only off year was due to one dumb play by Rahim Moore.

AFC Super Bowl Quarterbacks

2004: Brady

2005: Brady

2006: Roethlisberger

2007: Manning

2008: Brady

2009: Roethlisberger

2010: Manning

2011: Roethlisberger

2012: Brady

2013: Flacco

2014: Manning

2015: Brady

2016: Manning

2017: Brady or Roethlisberger

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 11:56 AM)
They actually have already interviewed both McDaniels & Shanny (did so during each teams bye week). They've also interviewed Tom Cable, Anthony Lynn (person who had been Bills interim coach), Sean McDermott (Bills new HC), Vance Joseph (Broncos new HC), and Sean McVay (Rams new HC).

On that list, I would assume that it will likely be either Shanny / McDaniels getting the job (unless they pull a wildcard). A lot of people thought the Niners were going to hire a Pats guy as the GM, but supposedly he ended up saying he wasn't interested (and the presumption is McDaniels would have been a package deal with him). I presume hold up in San Fran is they want to finalize the new GM to ensure the coach / GM dynamic works properly.

It now seems that Ron Wolf's son might be the Niners GM (they are currently pretty focused on two Packers guys).

McDaniels supposedly took himself out of consideration today.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 06:39 AM)
@RobertKlemko

Cobb said the final play was not an actual playcall. Rodgers just told each receiver what to do, like a kid drawing in the dirt. Seriously.

Wut?

He alluded to it in the interview on the field with Erin Andrews...he said something like "At times we were just going with schoolyard stuff out there" or something to that effect.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
He alluded to it in the interview on the field with Erin Andrews...he said something like "At times we were just going with schoolyard stuff out there" or something to that effect.

They showed the huddle before the last play, and Rodgers was talking to one of the receivers and using his arm to illustrate the route.

I'm a Bears fan, but I have always had a hard time rooting against both Favre and Rodgers.

I was hoping KC would win so I'd have a team to pull for (something about the Falcons I've never liked), but I guess I have to root for the Falcons from this point.