**7/9 Game Thread: White Sox vs The Not So Braves"

Brian

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Telling a baseball announcer to shut up and just announce the game is such a ridiculous comment. There's not that much going on in baseball guys.

Yeah announcers going to announce... Jason B though has a knack.

He will keep talking about Quintana being an all start snub.. and Quintana will give up 7 runs.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
2nd best pitcher in the American league this season.

WHAT A MEDIOCRE PLAYER.

Please delete your account.

He's either a troll or just stupid...maybe a combination of both

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Telling a baseball announcer to shut up and just announce the game is such a ridiculous comment. There's not that much going on in baseball guys.

I don't really care to hear Jason Benetti's opinion on AS qualifications. I don't really care to see him on camera or know what he looks like. I'm fully capable of watching the game and processing what happens with no commentary whatsoever. And no, I won't simply mute it because I do like hearing the sounds of the game and the stadium.

You're free to feel differently, but the main things I want from an announcer are brief introductions of new relievers I might not be immediately familiar with, explanations/notifications of things I might miss watching on TV (like Flowers for AJP), and directly relevant blurbs about players (so-and-so kills lefties, RF can throw but CF can't- stuff that increases my understanding of the game). That's all I want- if I wanted to know about AS snubs, I'd Bing it.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
I hope it was 22. If it was, I beat SSS Josh Nelson and PNoles. So I have to feel good about that.

Ahh, they went with 23 as the answer, but TECHNICALLY it's 22 because Frazier hasn't been to his 3rd consecutive HR Derby....YET. Said they would award a second winner...I still have a chance!

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)
What the f*** was Eaton doing retreating to 1st???? That was horrible baserunning.

He was probably dead to rights either way but he should just keep going and force a throw . Maybe the throw isn't so perfect and he sneaks in there but more of a chance than in a rundown.