Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. I’ll get to see the first 45 minutes then should be able to jump back in around 6. Hopefully we’re up by about 27 when I get back on. I’m so freakin’ nervous/excited I can’t eat and just thinking about winning today chokes me up.
  3. Not the Sox doing, in fact they probably had nothing to say in the matter. TV dictates all.
  4. https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1Cmzc5DujT/?mibextid=wwXIfr
  5. Gonna have to miss most of this one again. Brutal starting times.
  6. Don’t teams also make a ton just for hosting playoff games?
  7. It's why owners want more playoffs and less regular season. That's when the league makes it money because they control it all.
  8. I could actually see them doing something in Rome akin to the NFL's international games. If they want to Field of Dreams it, use the site of the Circus Maximus.
  9. I say they do a version of the field of dreams game in St Peters Square....of course it will only be allowed if Leo's favorite team is playing. Papal security is already there. WHITE SOX WIN.....LIGHT IT UP
  10. It's baseball, just about anything can happen. Being the best team and playing better than the opponent doesn't even guarantee success. So yeah, it makes sense to feel nervous even though a lot of bad things will have to happen for the Sox to end up dropping the entire series.
  11. I know it's all hands on deck for Clev today but what about the Sox? Do you save some of your arms for a possible game 4 or do you go all in today?
  12. The real fans are already priced out, plus MLB controls tickets for the playoffs. It's already too late.
  13. Why am I so nervous about this game? Am I just being a giant p****? I have a lot of ptsd when it comes to playing the friggen Guardians.
  14. After 45 years of operating like Our Sisters of the Poor, Sox fans are rightfully excited about an ownership group that not only is willing to ACTUALLY invest in this franchise and city, but also, not run it as a profit driven entity for a cash poor leadership group. The Ishbia experience in Phoenix hasn't resulting in winning, but they have absolutely been willing to go out and acquire the best talent, and to try to improve the game day experience for the fans. Sure winning is the top ideal, but I will accept a franchise that does everything it can to try, versus the we have done nothing and we are all out ideas of the last half century.
  15. Who cares about first pitch I hope this doesn't become a Knicks situation where celebs show up and crowd out the real fans.
  16. The Luis Aparicio Award organization issued a strong statement on October 11, denying rumors about the legendary player's health. Through their official account, the Baseball Hall of Fame family said the only Venezuelan in Cooperstown is stable in his home in Barquisimeto. "We reject the bad news about the state of health of our dear Luis Aparicio, who is in his residence accompanied by his wife and medical personnel who take care of him every day" points out the message, which seeks to put an end to the speculation that has circulated in the media and social networks. The statement reflects a calm picture, mentioning that "don Luis woke up enjoying his favorite bagpipes and continues to appreciate life at 91" . This information brings relief and joy to his followers and the Venezuelan baseball community.
  17. I think it definitely will some day, but not any time soon. There's no universe where the first American Pope's visit to the states is a surprise first pitch in the ALDS. His arrival in the US will be an event unto itself and draw millions upon millions wherever he goes.
  18. Taylor will definitely be available
  19. Today

  20. Some time during the post-season, it would be nice to see Luis Aparicio honored. Only person still living who played for the White Sox in the 1959 World Series. It's interesting that the two oldest members of the Hall of Fame - Luis Aparicio and Sandy Koufax - both played in that series.
  21. i gotta think they will save Hagen for a potential game 4 (who will slot into game 2 of ALCS if he doesn't go long) so today will be Newcomb, Fedde, Shultz and Hicks closing
  22. Of course he can fail, but we've watched a team in the 3rd largest city in the country be run like the Pittsburgh Pirates for more than 40 years. Change is good.
  23. I don't think anyone here thinks a new owner will translate into immediate success just because...most are happy for a new approach because JR's approach has grown stale and very tiresome!
  24. By the way I'd like to complain that the biggest game the Sox play in over 20 years is happening in the middle of the afternoon on a workday. I have a lot of flexibility at work but couldn't make it happen for this one. Probably won't get to see much until the 5th or 6th inning. Super annoying.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.