Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Yeah Kay has actually been good against the Guardians. I think it was between him and Newcomb. I would have preferred Newcomb, but maybe they plan on using him in the later innings with Taylor maybe not available for a long outing.
  3. Grant Taylor is and will be the Closer. It would be extra foolish to move him into the rotation. Castillo's future is uncertain because it became obvious that he lost velocity, movement and control of his fastball and did not have confidence to even attempt off-speed pitches. More concerning to me was that Castillo looked too nonchalant on the mound. He wasn't focused for whatever reason. A DFA would be a disaster financially for the team but might be the right move during Spring Training if he still sucks.
  4. not sure I agree, but hard to critique will much right now. players have executed his plans, keep it up all around.
  5. Anthony Kay getting the nod is another great call by Venable. He dominates lefties and is 1-0 with a 1.35 ERA against the Guardians in 4 games / 20 innings pitched. I actually prefer leaving Davis Martin out of this series if possible, as even though his ERA is good the Guardians are hitting .324 off of him.
  6. How did both TDs get overturned? I didn't see anything conclusive to overturn either.
  7. Messick has allowed 10 balls in play at 110+ mph EV in his career. Mune has 3 of them (2 HR and a single)
  8. Ben Johnson just knows how to get the best out of the QB position, first Case on MNF, now Bagent with a great first drive.
  9. maybe imo. I kinda feel they are going to slow play him one way or another. maybe he even starts in Charlotte and continues to work on his mechanics in a lower pressure environment. Or they have him out of the pen for more of the year in Chicago.
  10. Murakami last 15 games (incl. post season) 55 AB 13 H (4 1B, 2 2B, 1 3B, 6 HR), 8 BB, 1 HBP, 1 SF (I think), 26 SO .238/.338/.636 (.975 OPS), 15 RBI Not quite pre injury Murakami, but you'll take .900+ OPS all day every day
  11. Rod is a lifelong Cubs fan. The Pope is converting everyone.
  12. With how I've performed, I'm making another gamethread even if they lose one. Gotta ride the hot hand.
  13. Today

  14. We are riding Ron game threads into the ALCS
  15. Lived right around the corner from him when he got out of prison. Always made small chit chat when we’d run into each other. Brought some beer to an outdoor covid party.
  16. crazy that White Sox hitters have a sub .700 OPS as a team through three straight wire to wire victories. It seems like we’ve been pounding the ball. Pitching has really been magnificent.
  17. You have to find 300 more starting innings next year. That pushes the rotation into a reasonable spot, and reduces the burden on the pen so they don't get exposed as much.
  18. yes and this is why we need a key FA add. hopefully a TOR type. 3 years say 100 million for one of the vet FAs.
  19. I wonder how deeply the Sox are scouting potential posting targets from NPB for next year. They got a gem in Murakami - perhaps they go to the well again if they feel a starting pitcher is being undervalued. Hiromi Itoh projects as a back-end starter, which is something the starting pitching-starved Sox could use without breaking the bank.
  20. And how bad a manager looks when they don’t execute.
  21. Im gonna keep yesterdays up a few more hrs but still have fun here
  22. I am going to be honest here, 2005 to 2006 is in the back of my head, where we rode our top dogs hard, and then they fell off the next year for the most part. If it were me, I am 100% looking for big innings next year, and I am NOT willing to count on the guys who we used hard in the last two months of the season as a whole. My gut tells me that guys like Newcomb, Hudson, Richards, Burke, Fedde, Schutlz, Taylor etc, are all at pretty high jumps YoY, and/or they were ridden really hard in the last two months of the season. I don't think they all will fall off, but if half had bad years next year, I wouldn't be surprised.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.