Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. What’s especially shitty about this loss is that you’d expect some kind of a memorable game after Ditka passed. And they just went out there and embarrassed themselves. The meatball in me is upset that all of the Chicago teams suddenly suck again.
  3. Chicago is a world class city. It's the fucking best. The mixture of nightlife/entertain options, food, public transportation, architecture, great neighborhoods, etc. it's tough to compete with New York, but Chicago is wayyy more affordable. Chicago is the best. Being on a big freshwater lake and having basically no natural disasters puts it in a good place going forward. I think this is a place you'll see a lot of people moving to in the future. Now, if we can figure out the pension situation without jacking up taxes even more... That's the big problem.
  4. Yes, I do think that. Won’t be Skubal, but I think most other guys will be on the table. Not sure why we are using moves made during clear rebuilding years as a proxy for how we will act during our competitive window.
  5. The league is too woke now @hi8is . Back in the day teams would have an enforcer, and that guy would have gone out there and beaten the crap out of Jose Ramirez to send a message. Now with how woke the league is ( @hi8is ), all the enforcers are gone and you don't see it anymore. It's a damn shame.
  6. Nope. Pull up the list of geriatric starters that are 34+ years old. 1 and 2 year deals only.
  7. Today

  8. Do you truly believe JR is going to start offering 4+ year deals for the likes of Michael King and Peralta? Because the two year bargain guys returning from overseas like Fedde and Kay have become the new standard at lower payroll numbers. What about a Japanese or Korean starter in FA?
  9. Also, I just want to say, while not right, I was in full support of beaning Jose Ramirez to send a message and hopefully get the guys fired up.
  10. Yes, let's not lose sight of who the real enemy is in all this......Justin Ishbia.
  11. Blame for this playoff flame out falls squarely on Mike Vasil. What the hell, man, are you a freaking wizard or not? DFA his ass back to Hogwarts.
  12. I vividly remember that too. I believe the quote that the player told Bernstein was "all p**** gets old".
  13. And Zack Collins was a 1-1 talent...
  14. Yankees heroes like Jeter Mantle Ruth are forever untouchable for actions or behaviors off the field while minority players in other markets face a harsher standard of conduct?
  15. I'm wearing my Barons cap today. Depending on if there is a lockout, I might just do a road trip to BIrmingham next season to get some "live" baseball in. Also might just do it anyways because it sounds like a fun town.
  16. Welcome to the offseason.
  17. Ok, I just finished the 12 hours and yes it generally was a fun season.
  18. We have played 16 quarters vs packers under BJ - we are 2-2 but basically lost all but 2 of those quarters. They need to get their arrogance out and figure out how to win inside the division and recognize there is far more they have to do and develop in to get to where they need to be
  19. Do you think it is time to close this thread??
  20. Jeter is bi-racial (half black) so wouldn’t that go against Colome’s Hat’s premise?
  21. By the way the Bears have now lost six of the eight divisional games they've played in the regular season since the start of last year. Minnesota 1-2 Detroit 0-2 Green Bay 1-2
  22. What the f*** is happening?
  23. Atlanta, New England and Seattle in the next three weeks. If Williams is still out we'll see how "fine" they'll be. And even if he's back that doesn't help the defense does it?
  24. I mean he did call baseball boring. I kind of lost a little respect for him after that. I think he tried to make it “unboring” through being himself, which is fine, but most people who follow the game of baseball don’t follow it because they think it’s boring. But I doubt that’s probably what Ramirez was referring to with his disrespect comment…
  25. Thank you I've had enough of the meatball posts, glad to read yours
  26. Amazing that in our elimination game the Sox pitching was great. That was a hall of fame home run Ramirez hit....cannot blame Burke at all for that one.
  27. Anderson seemed to pick the wrong side piece. I'd guess without any support its more regular than some would seem to like to hear.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.