Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. I focus less on what we didn’t get, than what we didn’t give up. For tge latter I am grateful. I hate the trade deadline being midsession
  3. I found a new way to handle the in-game anxiety. Yesterday in the 5th inning when Kay came in I was feeling it. I turned off the tv, turned off my phone and went down to the basement and turned the radio on. Len and DJ took me home from equanimity to serenity, it was a thing of beauty.
  4. Strangely, LHB actually do almost 100 points of OPS better than RHB against Messick in his career splits.
  5. That wasn't beer being poured down Grifol's pants.
  6. You get better in LF with Grichuk instead of Sam as well. It's a pretty easy decision imo. Sam will get his chance as a PH. If he was better in LF maybe you consider it, but Grichuk gives us a boost there in a pretty large LF in Clev.
  7. To me, it looks like the Cubs traded the equivalent of William Bergolla and Tristan Peters for Kevin Gausman. Then they traded a lesser Caleb Bonemer for Clay Holmes. They then sent the equivalent of Mason Adams and Boston Smith to the Angels for a reliever, Zeferjahn. Then they sent a minor league reliever and maybe an Anthony DePino to the Marlins for 5 innings of Braxton Garrett. I'm pretty sure that if Chris Getz did that, we would hear about the horrible TDL he had for 2 months, and about how every single one of those minor leaguers traded would have batted .400 or put up a 1.00 ERA for the big league club.
  8. Damn it feels good to see the 3 teams we had some of our worst games against all year eliminated in one day. Cleveland's next.
  9. You think Will benches Braden or Peters against the lefty? He better not take Sam out of the lineup.
  10. Yeah, Mune was well on his way when he was interviewed. 😄
  11. Looked like there were some pretty impressive blackouts to be had in teh clubhouse after the game yesterday.
  12. Meidroth 2B Vargas 3B Mune 1B Grichuk RF Pham DH Teel C Doyle CF Colson SS Peters LF I'm thinking something like this. Could put Sam in LF instead of Peters
  13. One strategy against an opponent with key offensive players is to try to limit their impact or as some say, don't let them beat you. The White Sox were successful in limiting Yordan Alvarez (1 for 7) in the Houston series. Likewise PCA went 0-7 against the Padres. Sox have to limit damage from Rocchio in the Cleveland series. I am sure the Sox pitching staff is focusing in on that player in particular.
  14. Tommy Pham too probably. Can get by with 12 pitchers with all the off days.
  15. Does this mean the players will wear our black "city-connects"? I wish...
  16. Huh, seems like it would have been better to just keep the party going on the flight and get another night in Chicago but they probably decided as a team to just stay in Houston and one take one less flight.
  17. Grichuk, Doyle in. Braden, Beni out. Please & thank you
  18. I assume they spent the night in Houston and are flying to Cleveland today. Get some rest today and back to work tomorrow.
  19. As much as I want Saturday to be here, I hope the boys rest up these next two days. They are likely hungover today so at least that's a start.
  20. Let’s not forget who kicked them into the 10 game tailspin lol
  21. Not to make light of people with disabilities in any capacity whatsoever. Serious question here... Is Sam Antonacci on the spectrum?
  22. I think they go Hagen and then Davis game one and Schultz then Burke in game 2. Kay's outing yesterday was not much off of the El Duque game. He and Fedde throwing an inning or two of high leverage is an asset.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.