Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. The thing about these WC formats is that you simply can’t afford to get down a bunch right away in game 1. If you do, your 162 game season is basically all but over. If one pitcher has a bad inning, it takes down the whole franchise. You also can’t afford to be tired, make mistakes, or be in a slump if you’re one of THE star players (like Yordan or PCA) It worked out for the Sox as they jumped out and never let up. They absolutely deserved to win, and are clearly the better team, but it’s really not the best postseason format for baseball. It’s a real shame for the 4 NL WC teams (except her padres LOL) who are probably all top 8 MLB teams.
  3. Didn't Bregman homer twice in that game in Tampa? Seems like a convenient excuse for the Cubs. They just didn't show up. It happens when you can get eliminated in just 2 games.
  4. He was 97-98 generally. He actually got a swinging K on the first batter, but the ball got away from Rutschman and the runner reached. Then another Adley error put that runner on 3rd and he scored on a well hit single. Soft bloop and a bunt loaded the bases, everyone scored on the next reliever after Crochet was pulled. His stuff wasn't peak but looked viable enough, easy to imagine the inning going much differently if the strikeout is completed for out #1.
  5. I think we all can admit Grifol was lol
  6. Can you not be a vibe killer for the duration of the playoffs? Making me Ron Simmons in here
  7. Hasn't he been significantly better his last 4 starts?
  8. Want to shout out to Kay. He had the series in the palm of his left hand. If things go differently in his appearance this series might have turned on its head.
  9. Go Go White Sox! What a great series. Next up the Indians
  10. with days off between game 1 and game 2 and another one before game 3 I imagine we just go bullpen games for the first one for sure then Burke starts game 2 with a short leash. I kind of like the bullpen games when we have days off, all 12-13 guys should be available to throw including starters during the season.
  11. Probably nitpicking, but I gotta say I don’t think Venable actually LOVES going wild with his bullpen usage. I think what he WOULD love is having a couple starters that he can bank on going 6 innings, but he’s doing what he can with the very flawed roster he was given. The overall point stands though. The extra rest is huge for the Sox pitching strategy.
  12. I got tickets for a game 4 so this would be absolutely amazing.
  13. Wow that's insane.
  14. Today

  15. This is no longer a "magical" season and whatever happens, we're good. I want blood this series. I want to beat the hell out of Cleveland. f*** those guys. Crush'em.
  16. part of me wonders how much easier it is as a manager to coach a bunch of kids who aren't multi millionaires (yet) and haven't become jaded because they're rich. money changes everyone. I often think about this when it comes to MIL, TB, and CLE. obviously their front office is limited from the start, but I wonder if their front office would prefer it that way because young talented and cheap players are a lot easier to mold into the kind of players for that particular system/philosophy
  17. What palealesox said. I think someone here shared a tweet where someone laid out exactly what they needed to hack pitch com and it was basically 25 dollars in Amazon s%*# and a little buzzer and that team absolutely turned back into pumpkins when that speculation started
  18. I used to do the suds run back when we were fishing out of Key West, that involved quite a few bars . that was fun . so I guess you won't have to worry about having to see a Cubs game on Saturday ヅ
  19. It’s speculation that during their 19 game win streak they were hacking pitch com.
  20. Not as soon as they're hired though...
  21. I don’t think it matters if Cleveland is mad about this if Hagan Smith is dotting a corner for a strikeout. It won’t make them better.
  22. I'm out of the loop, can you elaborate?
  23. I have a beer walk on Saturday, going from house to house trying craft beers and eating food. As excited as I am about that, I hope each house has the game playing. Last year, several houses had the Cubs game on, and I got to see the Brewers beat the hell out of them. Regardless, I will be drinking a lot of Saturday...for one reason or another.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.