All Activity
Past hour
-
ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
New Banner: Pope Leo, President Obama, Blago, Ben Shapiro and _____? Looks like he wrote a book about 2005: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1546751734
-
ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
I can't wait for Pham's parade speech
-
People thought I was crazy, but not so much anymore
To be totally transparent, baseball has always been my passion andI am a diehard, Cub fan and secondarily a White Sox fan. My father‘s family was absolutely Cub crazy and my mother‘s family was the same for the White Sox. But because of WGN and how involved I was with my dad’s side of the family? I ended up becoming a bigger Cub fan more than a White Sox fan. I am a season ticket holder for the White Sox partly because my son who is a very low functioning Autistic, loves the guaranteed rate club, where I sit. So I have a 20 game package. I must admit if the Cubs played the White Sox I would be cheering for the Cubs and I know people here are going to let me have it for that. But I am guilty is charged. But as a White Sox season ticket holder, I think I don’t need to prove myself more than that and I am very much excited about sharing a White Sox championship with my son-in-law who is an absolute White Sox fanatic. I look forward to enjoying some special moments with him over the next couple weeks. Please don’t judge me very hard for my Cub loyalty because I guess I was brainwashed as a little boy by Jack Brickhouse and WGN. By the way, the White Sox going to cable TV back then I think was a huge mistake. Also, letting Harry Carey go to me was unbelievable. Harry Carey and Jimmy Piersall were the best and I think the White Sox lost a lot when they moved on. One of the reasons I really like this message board is I must admit, there are many more extremely knowledgeable baseball fans among White Sox fans than there are among Cubs. Let’s space at Wrigley Field and cup games are the best party in town, but White Sox fans are extremely knowledgeable about the finer points of baseball and I really enjoy the talk here. I love baseball too, and I hope I can contribute sometime with insights that I have about baseball and the White Sox.I need to get ready to go to the Blackhawk opener tonight. I take my son to almost every game and if you watch the games on TV, you will see my son and I all the time because we sit on the glass on the West End, where the Blackhawks shoot twice. Right next to the Zamboni door. Take care of everybody, I really enjoy you guys and don’t worry, the series will end tomorrow night. God bless you all.
-
ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
His dad is from Chicago
-
ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
I believe I read years ago that he has always been a huge White Sox fan....no idea what is behind that.
-
ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
You have a bigger ego than Tommy Pham
-
ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
With how much winning has occurred under the tutelage of my gamethreads, I'm making the next thread even after a loss. Gotta ride the hot hand even after a loss.
-
ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
I get that it’s all hands on deck for a clinching situation, but wouldn’t be the worst idea to rest Taylor tonight if possible. And with that in mind I’d start Hicks and save Hagen for the backend. Get through the middle 5 with any/all of Fedde, Davis, Sandlin, Newcomb, and Schultz.
-
Media helping Sox...
what a fucking idiot. imagine being so self important. I like how at the end of the article it hastily says the sox already knew. @WhiteSox2023 darling said something, he was waiving his arms like a fucking idiot it wasn't exactly subtle.
-
People thought I was crazy, but not so much anymore
Cash out!!
-
People thought I was crazy, but not so much anymore
I still cannot believe I walked away from $7500 because I blindly believed that the Sox were better than Cleveland and everybody else. I guess it would be easy for me to blame that misplayed flyball that let Cleveland win that one game otherwise I would’ve won the whole pot. But as they say a bird in hand is worth two in the bush and I could’ve taken that $7500 in June, but my Blind Faith in the White Sox clouded my judgment. Draftkings is offering buyouts right now on the pennant and World Series but I wanna wait till the end of this series to decide. I find it impossible to believe that the White Sox could lose three in a row to Cleveland. That team isn’t that good. What I like about the White Sox chances is even though they are going to face some real aces in the next two series, and It is very difficult to string three or four hits in a row against aces, those studs give up occasional home runs. I think the Sox have enough power that they could win a very close game with homers.
-
ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
The sox now have the full backing of the Pope and Israel. Nothing stops this train.
-
White sox getting more media attention
- People thought I was crazy, but not so much anymore
No, I made those bets before the season- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Didn't see this coming...- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Always take the experience. We went and saw Paul McCartney last year again for the same reason. YOu just never know.- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Dually noted, and planned for the day of the next loss.- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
God I hate you so much.- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
I think it might be longer, because I would bet on soil remediation, etc, type of work being necessary before they really starting working.- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Let's say the sox break ground a year later in May 2028 that would open the stadium in 2031 by this timeline.- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Which goes to the basic type of timeline I broke down a few days ago. It's going to be a while before the Sox have a new stadium. It will almost certainly be after the lease is up at the current spot.- ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
It is better for people to think you a fool, than you open your mouth and remove all doubt.- And that's a celibacy inspiring White Sox playoff winner!
In an oddway, this team being in panic mode for the last 6 weeks to 2 months of the season seems to be paying off as they didn't need to adjust to playoff baseball, they were playing it for a while. It will be interesting to see when they finally hit a superior team, instead of another mediocre one, how that plays out.- And that's a celibacy inspiring White Sox playoff winner!
IIRC, they had a deal essentially done, and that's when Jose caved on the extension to stay in CLE>- Media helping Sox...
Funny how he is being portrayed in the article. @fathom called it out immediately in the game thread. The only surprise was the announcers not calling it out. It was plain as day during the broadcast. - People thought I was crazy, but not so much anymore