Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

2017 Video Game Thread

Andromeda looks absurdly big and deep but also like a chore and maybe, kinda bad. I had planned on playing this day one but now I'll probably wait.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 18, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
Andromeda looks absurdly big and deep but also like a chore and maybe, kinda bad. I had planned on playing this day one but now I'll probably wait.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 19, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)

So many bad or busted animations. This game really doesn't seem done.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 19, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
Asked this last week, but has anyone added external hard drive to their ps4 since the update?

Not yet but ask me in a week.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 18, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)

Yep. Sounds like it just isn't good. Bioware has seemingly lost their way. Dragon Age 2 was a mediocre game, Mass Effect 3 had a horrendous ending that took away from the series, and I found Dragon Age Inquisition to be a chore and never even completed it. I won't be picking this one up.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
Yep, got in a few hours last night. Amazon has a habit of doing this, probably because they have to ship 2 days before release in order for you to get it on release day so there's a possibility of the USPS delivering a day early, I imagine there are no controls once they hand it off to USPS.

It's the day before The Show comes out, AND SOXTALK HAS LIED TO ME.

You're dead to me. You're ALLLLLLLLLL dead to me.

:angry:

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 11:30 PM)
It's the day before The Show comes out, AND SOXTALK HAS LIED TO ME.

You're dead to me. You're ALLLLLLLLLL dead to me.

:angry:

Doesn't happen every time, just fairly often.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 10:23 PM)
No headshot of Yoan in-game.

Frazier and Abreu don't have one either. Must not want it scanned.

SDS screws up the release of the game every year. The servers barely work. It takes 10 tries just to login to their Diamond Dynasty servers. Hint SDS: Get more servers.

My first game in RTTS (carry over from years past, I'm in 2023 and a star for the Reds), and my manager calls me in to the office after the game to question me for trying to steal so often (Only took off on one pitch, it was fouled off). It was a cool interaction, but a little weird, considering I didn't even have an official attempt, my speed is 99, and I routinely steal 100 bases a year.

How do you dive for grounders and line drives in The Show on ps4?

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
How do you dive for grounders and line drives in The Show on ps4?

Right trigger.

Anyone had to deal with the blood moon glitch in Zelda? i think the recent patch fixed it(and the frame rate issue) but my heart skipped a beat for a second when blood moon happened and I was in the middle of a dungeon

In my never-ending venture of being perpetually 1-2 years behind on video games, I’ve fairly recently started playing Batman Arkham Knight. I’ve played all the other Arkham games previously but somehow missed this one for a long time.

Being the perfectionist I am when it comes to completing games, as of last night I was up to the penultimate main storyline mission and had completed all the side quests including finding all 243 Riddler trophies. Or so I had thought…

Major spoilers to follow:

If you’ve played the game before you know that you have to defeat a number of militia checkpoints including watchtowers and landmines that are protected by drone tanks. The militia is led by The Arkham Knight aka Jason Todd.

Well I went through and took out all the checkpoints before going to the final mission with the Knight. Once he was defeated, the leadership of the militia was taken over by Deathstroke. So I played last night and defeated the militia force that was attacking GCPD. Afterwards, at least 4 more watchtowers and 2 or 3 more mines appeared on my map. Literally the same ones I had already defeated.

So much for thinking I was being pro-active. FML

Horizon: Zero Dawn is fantastic.

Right up there with Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us for single-player console experiences.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 08:29 AM)

Right up there with Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us for single-player console experiences.

I've beaten this game like 8 times. Never gets old. Game is beautiful. Hands down my favorite single-player experience (or at least right up there with the earlier RE games).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 08:29 AM)

Challenging too. And, at least as I've noticed thus far, you don't lose progress upon dying. That was always my biggest fear with any game - play for 2 hours, die stupidly, and lose all your progress. Maybe I've just been saving better, but there seem to be actual worthwhile checkpoints.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
Challenging too. And, at least as I've noticed thus far, you don't lose progress upon dying. That was always my biggest fear with any game - play for 2 hours, die stupidly, and lose all your progress. Maybe I've just been saving better, but there seem to be actual worthwhile checkpoints.

It quicksaves regularly and there are a lot of campfire save points. The quality of life in Horizon is amazing.

- No stamina system for running and good quick travel system

- Climbing/platformer elements are not frustrating

- Inventory management totally reasonable

- UI is great, easy to access everything, lots of shortcuts to necessary functions

- Camera always stays in a good position, icons pop up if something is charging you from an angle you can't see

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 09:23 PM)
Finally broke down and bought Civ 6 today. Excited to play it tonight.

EARLY GAME MILITARY UNITS - GET THEM

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 04:38 PM)
EARLY GAME MILITARY UNITS - GET THEM

Yeah, good old civilization. In my first game, 15 turns in, the closest country declares war out of the blue. Some things never change...