Everything posted by Baseball Gal
-
Bummer to ATL
Anyway, seems like a junk for junk deal but its a lot of filler for a team that needs it.
-
Bummer to ATL
- Ohtani Watch: Dodgers sign - 700M over 10yrs
Jim Callis was on Sox Machine and said he'd take Eder over Burger. Thinks Burger is who he was on the Sox.- 2024 - MLB Draft Thread
Which day of the Winter Meetings is the lottery?- Whatcha Y'all doing to beat the Winter blues?
Ice fishing- Cease To Padres per Passan
Given how Giolito produced after the trade, a bag of balls would've been more appropriate. They got a coup in that trade. (Though idk if Ky Bush ever turns out to be anything)- Benetti to Tigers
I keep lying to myself and telling myself that this is the thing that's going to get me to stop paying attention but I'm the biggest sucker on earth, as I try to do mental gymnastics to convince myself that Getz is not just a continuation of the previous FO.- Cease To Padres per Passan
I guess saying if I was an opposing team I wouldn't trade anything but a bag of balls was hyperbole, but I agree with Balta about Cease's value.- Padres owner Peter Seidler passes away
Seidler was one of the better owners in baseball.- Cease To Padres per Passan
Scott Boras/Jerry- Cease To Padres per Passan
You know what, you're right about this one. Castillo is a really good comp for Cease because he was as inconsistent as Cease was but with premium stuff. What was the deal for him I forget? I think Castillo had a little more control than Cease does but I could be wrong. The major difference between Castillo and Cease is that I think Castillo had more good seasons than Cease did.- Cease To Padres per Passan
Think about what the Cubs got for Yu Darvish. That's about the best you could do.- Cease To Padres per Passan
Cease has had one good year and is otherwise basically Javy Vazquez. How did you feel about Vazquez?- Cease To Padres per Passan
Did you read the Orioles board linked? They don't even want to trade Kjerstad straight up for Cease. If I were not a fan of the Sox I wouldn't be interested in acquiring him for anything more than a bag of baseballs.- Cease To Padres per Passan
Be prepared to be disappointed in the return.- Official NBA 22-23
They're a downgrade from GarPax imo.- GM Meetings Thread: MLB Rumors and Elaborate Boras Metaphors
I'm with Balta. Eloy is basically DH Anderson.- GM Meetings Thread: MLB Rumors and Elaborate Boras Metaphors
Scott Boras is right a lot more than he's wrong when he talks about baseball economics. The fact of the matter is that all 30 teams could afford whatever FA they want, they just choose not to. If the owners want anyone else to believe otherwise, then open up the books to the players. Until then I believe it's just 20 owners being cheap and laughing to the bank.- Benetti to Tigers
Different sport, but look at the Edmonton Oilers. They have the best player since Wayne Gretzky and another top 5 player in the league and can't win s%*#.- Benetti to Tigers
Cubs were more of a clownshow until they got new ownership. We need to hope for the same and hopefully the Sox remain in Chicago. I really think we underestimate the damage that Jerry has done to the Sox over the last decade. The Sox leaving Chicago under new ownership is a real threat.- Benetti to Tigers
Wouldn't surprise me if Len is out after his contract is up. He wanted to do playoff games and there will be none of those on the south side for a long time. Literally, this is the plot of Major League going on. Jerry is pissing off the fans to the point of complete apathy and I really don't think a lot of us care anymore. It really seems like he wants to finish what he started in the late 80s.- Getz speaks at GM meetings...
We're talking about Robert- Getz speaks at GM meetings...
I think something like the Sale deal is the framework. 1 top 5 prospect, one top 40 prospect, and either another top 100 or two young players with potential to grow into top 100 types. Someone offers that this offseason and I'd probably pull the trigger because that's probably the max another team is willing to pay.- Getz speaks at GM meetings...
This is the unfortunate truth. It might be 2 years before someone is willing to pay what it takes for Robert. I'm pretty sure he's untradeable this offseason. Similar to Sale, you might be able to get an adequate return in winter 2024-25 with 3 years left.- 2024 Offseason Plan - "Try" to Compete Edition
I don't understand after one bounceback year after being absolute garbage for 3 years straight. - Ohtani Watch: Dodgers sign - 700M over 10yrs