Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Protecting Gordon
Injured Reserve... old timer.
-
Protecting Gordon
Lol, I don't think anyone was clamoring for Slayer THIS YEAR to be in the 2 hole, but perhaps next season (definitely beyond) you do that switch. I expect Nix or Getz in the 2 hole tomorrow since Alexei won't play.
-
Protecting Gordon
I doubt you meant to quote me there Slav, but I agree 100% with you here. Someone compared Gordo to M. Young. I can kinda see that cept probably more XBH in general from year to year (though that 50+ XBH year Young had was crazy) and K's less (maybe BB more) I don't think Gordon can get consistant 200+ hit seasons though. But I can still see a rich man's version. I highly doubt Gordon will hit 25+ homers (Idon't even think M. Young did that once) and if he can, then obviously he'll be lower in the lineup. But you have a guy who is a spray hitter basically, gap to gap machine, and can do all the little things a manager dreams of, and STILL drives in runs.. I mean he's your ideal #2 for the future. Maybe.. a #5/6.. not lower than that.
-
Protecting Gordon
I adore Slayer at the 2 hole. That Barons lineup should be a blueprint on what Ozzie should do. Slayer is a gap to gap machine.
-
I would feel self conscious eating this
One wise man here has already beat you from that statement.
-
And this visit to cleveland is OVA!
3 games back now of the Tigers. I'll speak for everyone when I say I love Gordon Beckham.
-
7/1 Games
I'll still take Viciedo as far a pos. players, but man those two are very, very good prospects. I LOVE Tyler Flowers and Hudson.
-
7/1 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm WCIU
I still prefer to free Fields. But I like what I see.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And I'm not a BG fan.
-
Fresh news on Future Sox...
Fathom will be happy to hear this. The only good piece, (so far) from the Swisher deal, one step closer to the bigs.
-
Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games
- Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games
His hips are just so ridiculously quick. He can turn on a pitch inside (two of his homers came on inside fastballs) and he can make you pay outside going back up the middle, or hitting it to the rightside. I still want to see more XBH from him, but you can see why this kid is so special, and was picked in the top 10 in the whole nation. I mean it was obvious at UGA, and like Stone and others say.. He has star written all over him.- 2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
f***ing Orlando Cabrera. Rally Killer. Tigers Win.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
^^^^^^^^- 6/30 Games
Christian Marrero was 0-6 till that GW single to score Cook.- 6/30 Games
I got a feeling someone is gonna walk off for the Barons.- Lou Pinella wins something
I'm not a fan of Ozzie at all, so to each his own, even considering he's the baby of that group, but seriously.. Joe Torre?! C'mon. I can understand LaRussa though, just very surprised seeing Torre's name on there, which is crazy. FYI: I'd love to play for Sweet Lou.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
A very enjoyable game to watch. God damn Slayer... don't stop the love.- 6/30 Games
Brett Morel is on fire.- 6/30 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm CSN
I'll say it again... His name.. is Gordon Beckham!- Knee Surgery or injuries
I had osgoodslatus (sp?) in high school. I was a track star and baseball/basketball player. Felt a pop in gym class running laps after years of running. Needless to say my track coach was pissed at my gym teacher. I believe that is a slight fracture in the knee cap (both of my knees actually, usually for athletes) if I remember correctly. I can still run, but not for a long time as before anymore and not as fast. Part of my draft slurge for baseball from a couple years back. I coulda been something special dammit!- Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Not to mention an alien head. IMO he's as pugly looking as Joakim Noah, though Noah can actually get girls.- 6/29 Games
Omogrosso continues to struggle. Brent Lillibridge has a 3 game hitting streak?! BWHAHAHAHA! Tyler Flowers 4-4. 3 of those 4 hits came off of D-Backs phenom.. Jarrod Parker, who only gave up... 4 hits.- White Sox Winner
God damn qwerty... quit being so fine.- Potential teams that could come calling
When you got Cubs announcers, Brewers announcers and even Stone saying teams are definitely taking interest in Pods right now, you know he's got SOME value. - Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games