Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Yo JPN, I'm going to Alabama this August (bout a week stay) to see my cousin get married. I wanna catch a Barons game in Birmingham and hopefully we can meet up. **and you can hook it up with free tickets.**
  2. Ah one of the half-full glass posters I see. Now tell me... where in my post do I compare them? I just said there was a poster here who had them both in his sig and compared their numbers saying one was the "core" I never compared them as players so if you got a problem with that, blame the guy who has both in their sig comparing their numbers from last year which were eeriely similar. BTW if 28 is consider young baseball wise, then you have alot to learn about youth in this game man. He's in his prime, and is still adjusting, but he isn't a spring chicken. I don't even have to mention his defense has not been that great this season at SS (even by EYES) and his zone rating even at 2B last year wasn't good either, but I'm sure you will ignore that. I guarantee you if a pitcher like Bowden (or +) is offered for Alexei, KW jumps on it Not saying Swisher is that great either, but how your comparing him to Alexei with that post, Swisher is severely underated.
  3. Miami Seattle San Diego Atlanta Ontario, CA - out of state
  4. Couldn't have said it better myself Greg.
  5. And then I would have to LMFAO at you, either because you don't know how good Bowden actually is, or you have no idea on evaluating spects, because I'd take Bowden and run like hell if the Sawks were offering him for Alexei even with Alexei's low cash contract. Maybe it's because of his excellent control and movement. Maybe it's because my cousin played against him in high school in Aurora when he was highly touted and raved about him. I dont know. But Bowden is a stud and a very very good pitching prospect. Now Buchholz, and I saw your second paragraph.. hell f***ing yes, and I'd be LMAO at the Red Sox and Theo. That kid has 0 to prove in AAA anymore, and it's a shame his ass is wasted down there. His stuff is simply filthy, and just needs patience to learn it up here. Didn't he pitch a no-hitter last year? I know Lester did also, thought Buchholz did it before him. And whoever had the numbers on their sig comparing Alexei to Swisher from the "core" argument was genius BTW.
  6. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Have yourself a freaking day Brandon Allen!! My goodness what a debut. Dexter Carter should already be in W-S IMO. I'm higher on him than Hudson, so perhaps it's just my current man crush that's blinding me.
  7. He needs some Bob Uecker analogies.
  8. SoxAce replied to rangercal's topic in SLaM
    As a serious dog lover, of course I have a dog. I lost my half rotweiler, half german sheppard a while back, but the family has a shih-tzu who I love dearly. Also Alex, hopefully your dog is okay in the morning. As a dog lover I was really saddened when you were telling me this on AIM..
  9. Canceco already put him on blast as a PED user when they were teammates. I'll bet $$ he's one of the 103 left on that Mitchell report but won't shock anyone cause of Canceco already mentioning him.
  10. "Whats the kind of ship that never sinks... I know... Friendship! (laughs)" - Jared Mitchell.
  11. ^^ This. Your not the only one who has English as a second language as well here. Cubano, JoshPR (though he's doesn't post much) etc.. I'm not down with the whole "correct my spelling lke a smart ass" crap either.
  12. SoxAce replied to Moneyman's topic in SLaM
    Welcome to ST. We got a few other fans for other clubs on these boards, overseas posters, etc.. so you'll feel right at home here.
  13. Awesome video beautox. Thanks for sharing. You can definitely see that team chemistry though of course winning helps. I hope everyone of the studs make it and does well.
  14. "I don't wanna toot my own horn, but I'm glad I played this game clean, the right way" - Frank Thomas.
  15. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    That's Anthony Carter Dan.. though Dexter should be in W-S with his college buddy.
  16. I mean it's crazy. One man gets locked up for years cause of f-ing dogs fighting.. dogs!... , and a guy gets 30 days for killing a human being. I don't get it, and Vick will definitely get the raw end of it more in his life.
  17. Oh man, you'll fit right in here brother. We got quite a few posters who are also overseas here.
  18. Good points. Hell you can add the Otsuka deal (wound up tearing up his arm) the Buchholz deal, and in a way, the Bailey deal this past offseason. Though I gotta say that near Pence deal hurts. (forgot which player rejected it)
  19. AMEN. Awesome. By far one of the best CTL shows I've ever seen. Ima predict Danks has one of his best games of the year and The Bronze Titan struggles a bit. I also predict A.J. will do something great to piss off Cub fans.
  20. Andrew... the series was over after the Lakers won the first game!! Now 43-0... Phil? Something like that.
  21. HELL YES! Didn't see half the game, but nice to see AJ given the 3-0 green light, Buehrle homering.. Gordo/SLAYER having a 2 RBI game, and of course our pen.
  22. I'm with you. Wtf is bacon? Jesus that's retarded. I'm personally still calling him Gordo or even Slayer. Both of those nicknames are far superior for Beck-ham.
  23. SoxAce replied to fathom's topic in FutureSox Board
    To be fair he really shouldn't be in AA cause he's too good for it. Cook put up a 1.044 ops last year in B-Ham and a .768 ops in AAA Charlotte. He got off to such a brutal start and is now hitting .341 in June and around .300 since the half of May. He still has a .897 ops in a down year, and still has a better BB/SO ratio. Plain and simple, he should not be in Birmingham and we all knew this since he was demoted cause of the clusterf*** of players (mediocre/bad/whatever) in AAA right now.
  24. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1922619 But yes, for anyone who hasn't seen him yet.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.