Everything posted by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
Oh I don't. Me and @WestEddy were mostly on the same page about Getz. That's why a certain mod just called us the Getz Twins. He'll verify that.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
I wrote many many things about the trade somewhere. You're always raving about sample size and you take one like , not even a post, over my many many posts about Getz and that trade to sum up my views. You're a real piece of work. I hand out "likes" like candy.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
Identifying a will to improve ? Vargas just got quoted as saying he was close to quitting. I think the Sox built him up, showed they believed in him and he responded to that. Everything about the new regime is positive attitude and co-operative working with each other and the players using every new way they have, be it bio-metrics or caring coercion . That is something they do every day with every player. It doesn't stop. I don't see too many Sox players using the torpedo bat. That was a specific suggestion to Colson Montgomery based on something in his point of contact on a normal bat that they could get better results because there was more barrel in that spot on a torpedo bat or something close to that explanation. I don't even see how you can put percentages on it. 1 change can turn a player from a career minor leaguer to a 10 year veteran. No telling how many busts could've been helped with the right kind of development from a whole organization all using the same methods from top to bottom. Just giving a guy the runway sometimes is extremely helpful. I don't know what got Mead going this year. Maybe it would've happened with the Sox but the infield was where they needed the least help so they dealt him when they could after doing what they could. Maybe it was just time adjusting to the level of pitching.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
He liked Getz too much. Luckily I avoided a suspension for that crime. Although I was more along the lines of give the guy a chance at first because I wasn't sure he was part of the problem just because he worked there. Guilt by association didn't fly with me nor did any perceived job performance since we had no idea as fans how many real contributions to the suckage he made. As he went on I thought he was hiring the right personnel and saw a real effort to improve the foundation and wasn't too concerned about how 2024 went. Rock bottom sometimes has to happen . I don't think he contributed all that much to that wreckage . That was more a product of the previous regime and he had nothing to work with that year and used what little budget he had on the underbelly of the foundation. I haven't reread if I said very much in this thread, probably that the return seemed light like St. Louis should've contributed something to the Sox.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I don't think he'll come cheap either but he's not exactly like getting Verlander like the Astro's did during their run. He may help or he'll continue to be meh. I probably should 've said reasonable instead of cheap. He's worth monitoring as a possible trade.
-
White sox culture
To me it's just a lack of understanding the culture you are dealing with. You come off as the loud crazy American when dealing with a soft spoken respectful culture and you need to listen even more carefully because there's also an interpreter involved. That's not ideal for a guy who never shuts up.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Pretty sure he was just using him as an example of a guy from a team that should be a seller but might be too expensive due to the lack of sellers. I'm sure quite a few teams are checking in on him but maybe the Angels are playing hard to get with their talent hoping to drive up their prices.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
He'd be a great Bannister project if he can be had for cheap due to his recent slide. He's got a very good arm .Sometimes with guys like him all it takes is a different pitch mix or 1 more pitch, then a different mix.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
He'll bring injuries and bad luck to the Guardians like he did to the Mets and Sox !!! Yes trade him to the Guardians !!
-
White sox culture
Ahh Thank you for explaining that to me. I must be part of the hippie culture still listening to folk songs about peace, love and understanding.
-
White sox culture
I'm in the minority of what,people who like loud and obnoxious ? Sure OK great I am but money still has nothing to do with who I watch so telling me why someone is making a lot of money still means nothing to me or why I tuned in this time. I dislike the guy like people dislike Schriff , arguing about it doesn't change my personal choice.
-
White sox culture
What does money have to do with anything? OK he's got a fan base as a whatever it is he does . Big loud personality's have their place in the crazy internet/TV world but Sox fans are still watching only because of Mune . I think Stephen A. Smith still has a job but I never watch him. As far as interviewing baseball players frankly I'd rather watch Kevin Millar, Santos and Dempsey do their interview with Vargas because it was about Vargas and they all took turns talking to him. I have no idea who or what the other 3 guys were doing on that panel with McAfee . Doesn't seem like a share the spotlight type.
-
Tristan Peters, Mune are All-Stars
It's hard to know who is given access to certain things or gets to view the game from the press box. There are probably a lot more NY guys with press credentials just because of having 2 teams and the Yankees being the Yankees in the most populated area in the US. However that doesn't mean they all get to vote for the MVP , fans voted too. I think Vile's loyalty to Vargas is fine but as others have said if you shut out the other team then the 1st 2 RBI's that broke a scoreless tie are the most important runs of the game. That's how they used to score some as a GWRBI but that is no longer a thing in the box score. While the Vargas HR was fun and exciting to us because it truly was a special moment and a Big Ol' Bomb, it was just a run added on making the score go from 3-0 to 4-0. His other AB doesn't even enter the calculus nor do the 2 other outs Bellinger made.
-
White sox culture
I don't care I'm not tuning in to watch him . He's just some loud personality that seems to be en vogue.
-
White sox culture
I saw this earlier. That loudmouth irks me always cutting his guest off . So bombastic, thinks he's the star and not his guests.
-
White sox culture
Aww man Gonzo was in it putting his hopes and wishes on that thing Mune created and then bam he's gone. Kind of sad. We get attached to a nice bunch of young man mainly because they're winning and playing well of course and the good vibes coming from them as a brotherhood so it's sad to see one of them go even though you know it will happen more and more.
-
Sam Antonacci Appreciation Thread
I'm sure if you really investigated properly you could come up with plenty of people who liked him from the day he was drafted. Other's saw him for the 1st time in Spring Training and then the WBC. When are you claiming your loyalty and Ray's started ? Maybe your investigative reporting has some biases perhaps ? 😂
-
Roch Cholowsky Video / Media
Eaxactly and Getz is quoting as saying he's not a savior. He's just another solid piece and in the article he also said things along those lines. There's no hurry.
-
Tristan Peters, Mune are All-Stars
I turned on the game right before the Vargas HR and had opened up Gameday to see if Mune and Peters had had any AB's and saw they were both in the game but no AB's yet. So from seeing who I wanted to see standpoint I turned on the game at just the right time.
-
Inside Look at White Sox Draft Room via Jesse Rodgers/ESPN
Just another article that reinforces what I said about how open and transparent the Sox are being with the philosophies. It started with Garfien interviewing just about every guy in the front office so if you pay attention you almost know them as much as you do the players and better than you knew the FO in the Hahn/ Williams era. There guys are all modern and media friendly.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Right , just about everyone he hired is a guy with experience in various areas of development and front office acumen. They go with a certain kind of player that everyone is in tune with and they don't deviate. Everyone is on the same page and departments communicate. It's ensemble management.They want the hitters to be more LH than RH although BPA still applies, OBP/ good swing decisions and slug, good character from strong family. I'm missing more but that's the crux of it. Pitching is harder to pin down and Sox have had a lot of pitching injuries in Getz's early tenure so I don't know if it's fair to say Bannister is on the hot seat. Pitchers just take longer and their throwing arm is their biggest asset. You don't really care much about the same tools as you do with hitters. Everything they do is tied to that 1 arm and your physical development. You need that man body like Crochet got before he broke out.
-
Tristan Peters, Mune are All-Stars
I wonder if Peters, Mune or Vargas have bonuses for making the All Star team ?
-
Tristan Peters, Mune are All-Stars
Murakami 3 swings and misses against Mason Miller throwing 102
-
Tristan Peters, Mune are All-Stars
Murakami should get an AB in the top of the 9th.
-
Tristan Peters, Mune are All-Stars
Unfortunately Peters K's against a LHP, challenged the call but just nipped the top of the zone.