Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Cap Talk
Maybe we should put it to a vote?
-
John Cusack at Game 2
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:20 AM) Well, it just goes to show you that nothing is a. . . Sure Thing. But you will have to agree that it has been One Crazy Summer.
-
Official ruling
QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:44 AM) I think this has been one of the best discussions we have had on any subject I agree. Most excellent.
-
Pump It Up!
I was in line to buy a couple of things from the HOF gift shop. I was third in line, with another guy in front of me. A woman, cash in hand, looks throught the glass counter at the DVDs and procedes to ask "Who is Nancy Foust?" The guy in front of me, and behind her repeats in stunned disbelief.. "Who is Nancy Foust? She's the organist. She's been here like 35 years! "Oh really? Wow, I didn't know that." Yep, the bandwagon is filling fast. Get your seats now!
-
John Cusack at Game 2
QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:16 AM) I know that after JR turned Cusack down, John was hoping Jerry wouldn't........... ...........Say Anything. I'm sorry..... Now if only those cute and fuzzy bunnies could take out Joan
-
Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2
I went last night, and I just want to say that I have never been to a professional sporting even that was close to as incredible as that was last night. That was the highlight of my fandom. Wow.
-
IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL.
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:39 PM) It might have been the right call, its still hard to tell, but he signaled out. That's the problem. I am so happy he did call it a trap.I think Buerhle was going back out in the 10th and I had visions of Britt Burns and Tito Landrum back in 1983. That game featured a baserunning blunder just like this one. What did the replay show when Crede was doubled up? It really didn't matter, Pods would have had to drive him in, and I think we all know that wasn't happening. I am glad I wasn't the only one who had the horrors of Tito Landrum dancing in my head
-
Crede....
QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 12:37 AM) by the way - i was so f***ing stoked when they played "holding out for a hero" i was like "SOXTALK! RALLY CREDE!" it got me sooo pumped! Even funnier was at the game they showed these two drunk ass frat boys who were doing the running in place thing just like they did in the original movie it was in.
-
John Cusack at Game 2
So he was better off dead, than to ask Reinsdorf for tickets?
-
Evolution, Creationism, & a middleground
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:37 PM) Us bunch of liberal idiots who have nothing better to do then spaghetti monsters and spam SOXTALK. Hey, I take my spamming seriously.
-
The Rally Crede
Does anyone still need further proof? BOW DOWN TO THE RALLY CREDE!!! :notworthy Accept the Rally Crede as your avatar and be saved, or burn with the rest of the heathens!
-
Scott Reifert is a pimp
I really look forward to reading Scott's blog when I can. I love the inside view that he brings. It is totally unique.
-
Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2
All righty guys, I am outta here, headed down the Red Line for my first ever ALCS baseball game. Hold down the fort and lets get us a White Sox Winner!!! I have the camera with me, so as long as the rain holds off I should get some good pictures.
-
Pics for sigs
Hey Knight, thanks again for this thread. There are some awesome pictures in here, and I saved a bunch to my computer. I have the my pictures folder as my screen saver, and a bunch of these pictures are on it, which always makes me smile when I see them. This one is for you
-
"Allegations"
Like I said before. Aiding and abeting a felony. Pull their charitable charter with the IRS. They are officially a criminal organization in my book.
-
So...who needs tickets for tonight
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:34 PM) Whoever got your tix, You Da Man rd5!! Taking care of SoxTalk Family is awesome. Speaking of which, where is my Beatles stuff (just kidding)
-
Evolution, Creationism, & a middleground
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) Or floor traders. . . I Kid Because I Care® Or CEO's
-
I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB!!!!
QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:19 PM) more money = more freebies given to cheap college kids by mike.......right? Hey I am all for it, if some really nice players give us autographs again
-
Who would you rather see win the NLCS?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:40 PM) Nice Sig. :headshake Funny, if you mentioned soxtalk at WSI, you'd be banned in a minute by George Here, we don't mind, we love the comparison But I'm wondering, why are you posting here? The answer is probably the obvious, he got banned at WSI for something...
-
Game 1 thoughts
QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:36 PM) Players failed to execute. If Ozzie puts calls for a bunt, and Pods can't come close to getting it down (then looks at strike 3), how is that a managerial error? Its not. The players just were not sharp last night. I don't know if it was the 3 days off, or the jitters, or what, but it just wasn't there. Tonight should be a different story.
-
Who would you rather see win the NLCS?
I lived in Houston for 3 years as a kid, so they are my 2nd favorite team. I'd like to see them advance, but the Machevellian in me doesn't really care.
-
Tickets
QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:25 PM) Do you need to bring a sign saying "Need a Single Ticket".. or is it best just to stand around and ask? I might decide to drive on over there, park along the Red Line, and take the train in.. depending on when I get out of work. If I can't get in, it'll take over an hour to get back home, and I don't wanna miss the first 5 innings. Can't make up my mind! :banghead You'll see plenty of people asking if you need tickets. Ask them for a single and what their price is. If they have them, never pay their first offer, and undercut it by a chunk to see what they come back with. If you don't like the price walkaway from them. The longer you are willing to wait, the more the prices will come down.
-
2 runs on Paul F'IN Bryd
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:25 PM) Shut up. There will be no whining or b****ing whatsoever. You want to whine and complain do it elsewhere. This team is a playoff team, thats won one round and got beat. They hit Byrd up later in the game and just had some hang wiff ems. And Crede sure didn't choke early in the game when he hammered a solo shot. Seriously, shut the f*** up. There's another game tomorrow and I'm not gonna deal with people jumping off ledges. My hero.
-
Ozzie needs to talk with the boys NOW
QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:08 PM) What Ozzie needs to do is sit the fock every player and tell them once and for all that we will ONLY have 5 innings to score in every game. Because I am sure our players didn't realize how good the Angels bullpen is
-
I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB!!!!
QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:07 AM) and you're still considering this "job"!?!!?! more money=more baseball tickets=all right! Giditty!!