Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Paul McCartney's new album comes out today, "Chaos and Creation in the Back Yard" Here is the Tribs review...
  2. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 07:47 PM) Personally I'd just prefer we withhold contracts from Halliburton until they can account for the couple hundred million from Iraq that has mysteriously gone missing from their hands. Who do you think should rebuild the oil and other energy infrastructures down there?
  3. QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 07:00 PM) if they don't suspend him for the rest of the season it sends the wrong message. Bobby Jenks was late for personal reasons. I think you have to discipline him severley and give the guys in that clubhouse the message that you are behind him 100%. Also they should get the message that if you ever leave early or show up late you will be disciplined. Plus if i were a teamate of his i would be furious with Marte. So next time you are late to class, the school should expel you for the rest of the year? Or next time I am late for work, my job should send me home until January? That's a bit of cutting off your nose to spite your face, me thinks.
  4. Cingular is the best bang for your buck, but they have the THE WORST customer service. They basically lied to us about our coverage area and then won't let us out of their contract despite filing numerous complaints. I can't wait to get rid of them. They have been by far the worse experience I have ever had with a utility, and that is saying something.
  5. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 06:14 PM) Well I think I am the one person that classifies as immune from suspensions and even I've been suspended (of course I suspended myself a few times and than there was that nasty coup in which Heads or 2k banned me). Heck I have banned myself before, top that
  6. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:51 PM) pretty pathetic help from the soxtalk community Probably because this thread has been done before. Try the search option. Heck the most recent thread was only on page 5, from like a week ago. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39311
  7. Interesting to note with Brown
  8. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:12 PM) Please. With the threads. Please. Maybe--just a thought, here--we can make two, HUGE, ENORMOUS, ALL-ENCOMPASSING Soxtalk Optimism/Soxtalk Pessimism threads. There would literally be nothing left on PHT.
  9. QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:57 PM) I am working the community service angle. I am writing a little note to the Judge and request I be assigned Boy Scouts as my project. I already volunteer about 50 hours a month, what's a few more? My backup plan is working as a moderator on a sports related message board, I don't think she's going to go for it. Until they accept, I am still a fugitive [dials Texas State Police along with IP information, hoping for reward]
  10. In the no big surprise department... Michael Brown is resigning as FEMA director
  11. Why not DH Pods for a few days a week and rotate Anderson and Borchard into LF? Its gets Pods a little more rest on his weary legs, and it gives us a chance to see the kids play.
  12. southsider2k5 replied to Sonik22's topic in SLaM
    Happy Birthday
  13. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    Has anyone every seen this before, it is kinda odd, but kinda captivating at the sametime. http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
  14. Things are improving still down in NO. Only about 50% of the city is now flooded, many areas are out of the water completely. The airport is about to reopen to cargo planes only. Also they are still finding way less dead bodies than the 10,000 they expected at one point. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050912/D8CIM1K80.html
  15. http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/09/12/peop...n.ap/index.html
  16. QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 10:01 AM) you're such a hippy sometimes I guess in my old age, I just have attained perspective. Yeah I want to see the Sox win every game, but with a new house, a baby on the way, and everything else going on, a baseball game just isn't worth getting that upset about. This year has really helped me to remember that this is a game. I watch and play games for enjoyment, and it if I don't get something positive out of it, it is a waste of time. If I got upset and stressed over it, what is the point in watching it?
  17. Another interesting hindsight article... It seems that they did try to make Louisana safe for a Category 5 in the 70's, but lawsuits from enviornmental groups ended the projects. http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadA...le.asp?ID=19418
  18. Now this is exactly what has been missing from a lot of people lately, and that is the enjoyment and love of the game. So many people have been hung up on the results, that they forget to enjoy the moment. Baseball is a 3 hour vacation from the rigors and stresses of life. To be able to experience the love of the game is truely a blessing.
  19. QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 10:28 PM) Give him a Matt Morris type contract: Here is what you do. You negotiate a contract and than buy him out for $3.5 Million. He than signs the contract that you negotiated and here would be how it would look: Base Contract: $3.5 Million with a team option for $8 Million or a $500,000 Buy Out. Bonuses: 350 At Bats- $1 Million 10 Home Runs- $500,000 15 Home Runs- $500,000 450 Total Plate Apperances- $1 Million 30 Home Runs- $3 Million 100 RBI's- $2 Million 90 games- $500,000 110 games- $500,000 He could earn a total of $12 Million next year if he reaches all these bonuses. An idea like that could work, except the base salary would be more like a million dollars instead of $3.5mil. If the Sox are going to bring him back, he will have to earn his money in 2006.
  20. This is a little different angle on the response to Katrina http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05254/568876.stm Also I don't know if anyone else saw it or not, but there was something out over the weekend to the effect of Bush didn't know how bad the problems were down there because his aids were all afraid to tell him? Did anyone else see that?
  21. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 06:06 PM) So, posters have never been jumped on or banned for being negative? Sheeeeit. My point is, a lot of people say this board is too negative, yet I don't see too many people sticking their necks out for this team right now. Mostly because they are sick of being screamed down and mocked everytime they say something that isn't to the tone of the sky is falling. Pretty much, if you aren't trying to get some fired, demoted, or traded, there is no point in posting, because you'll just get mocked for your opinion anyway.
  22. QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:32 PM) For lack of a better way to say it, but Ozzie told Marte to pack your bags and leave today. my source on this is a member of the organization. Damaso - he gone. I don't know if this is what happened or not, but Farmer said he ran into KW before the game and asked him how things were going, he told him something to the effect that things weren't good and a big announcement was coming down the pipes. Just putting together the way Ozzie showed up Marte on the mound the other day, it is really plausible to think that Oz and Damaso had it out, and Ozzie told him to stick it and go home. Like I said, it is just a theory, but it is plausible.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.