Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Great, one of the few public education tools that actually works is being taken out.
  2. Have fun in that cesspool Phil...
  3. This is must read material... well as long as you can make it through it. http://www.timecube.com/
  4. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:39 AM) I was just going to make some snarky remark about what it must have been like posting waaay back then, until I looked and realized that my registration is only 5 people behind you. Like Indiana Jones says, it's not the years, it's the milage. A well oiled machine I am
  5. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:45 AM) Yeah, most of everyone around me wanted him pulled in the 2nd. The worst was this gem... "Jose Contreras sucks and he has sucked all year, I have no idea why they keep him" Me: "Did you know he leads the league in BAA and his ERA was a hair over 3 before tonights game?" "So?" Wow, sounds like Cub fans to me...
  6. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:25 AM) I think a lot of admins, Mods, and veteran members agree with that, but do not like the idea of setting some mandatory minimum number of posts before a newer member can start threads, etc. Most members have doen a good job of self-moderating, and most lurked for several weeks or more before diving in. But each member has to be allowed to decide when he/she is ready to begon posting, start threads, enter into heated debates with some of the old guard, etc. Not a perfect system, perhaps, but I don't think it's broken by any means. Well said Jim. I lurked and read for a while, and even when I made my first post, it was a question for someone who had written an article. It would be nice if people laid back and learned what the style of the board was like, but there is no way we want to mandate anything like that.
  7. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:12 AM) Wasn't Widger catching for one of MB's absolutely brilliant outings earlier this year? I can understand if you pick a pitcher or two to not let him catch, but he's seemed like he worked well with the other guys to me. I think the big difference is that Contreras needs to be bullied to both work quicker and to throw his fastball. AJ isn't afraid to go out and remind a pitcher of what to throw. Widger probably calls a great game, but it doesn't make any difference if he lets Jose wave him off and lets him slow down.
  8. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:11 AM) Griffey is at this point in his career nothing more than a quality DH who keeps getting hurt every time he plays the field. Wow where have I heard this before...
  9. Here is the Jon Garland comparision WITH AJ 6 IP 3 ER 7 IP 2 ER 8 IP 2 ER 7 IP 2 ER 7 IP 3 ER 6 IP 7 ER 6.2 IP 4 ER 7 IP 1 ER WITH WIDGER 8 IP 1 ER 9 IP 0 ER 9 IP 0 ER 5.2 IP 6 ER TOTALS WITH AJ 54 2/3 IP 24 ER 3.95 ERA WITH WIDGER 31 2/3 IP 7 ER 1.99 ERA
  10. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:01 AM) I received the Mariah Carey christmas album from my parents for some odd, godforsaken reason when I was like 12. Revelations like that explain the way you turned out
  11. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:13 AM) You suck! I love Air Supply! Mine would be Snow - 12 Inches of Snow. :puke I have a lot that some would consider embarassing, but I bought for nostalgic reasons: Tiffany's - Greatest Hits New Kids - Greatest Hits Debbie Gibson's - Greatest Hits ABBA - GH You win
  12. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:10 AM) This just turned into the thread of the year. Not until the pics get posted... Then it is the thread of the century.
  13. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...1400349_pf.html
  14. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:01 AM) I met and rode Dumbo with him at Disney when I was 8.. I'll bring the pictures Friday. You can't make up stuff like that
  15. I was going to put CD, but that might disqualify some of our disco fanantics.... But looking back, what is the most embarassing CD, album, tape, 8 track etc, that you have ever owned? For me I think it would have to be Vanilla Ice- To the Extreme
  16. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:51 AM) I liked his music back in the day also.. Saved up 2 months of allowance to buy Thriller. That gives me a thread idea...
  17. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:19 AM) The new Arlington Stadium is brutal during the summer. We went on a 4th of July a couple of years ago, and no wind was moving at all.
  18. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:17 AM) But he still manages to get the JR must spend more message across; http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay14.html Of course if Kotex boy had actually paid attention to the man who controlls the purse strings he would have heard JR say that there is more money to be added to payroll. Then again that would have involved things such as research, and fact, which don't belong there at all...
  19. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:50 AM) It was a car window and he was acquitted. So was OJ.
  20. If Ozzie can repeat this years preformance he will shoot up that list, but as is now, upper middle of the pack seems about right to me.
  21. Jesus his ankle is still swelling up? That can't be good.
  22. Sounds like because of a favor to the Godfather, I am going to be in for this!!! I'll have a mitt and some beer
  23. I have commented a few times that during the season, I think AJ Pierzynski is the BIG difference in the way that Jose Contreras has been pitching this year. Now after watching that disaster last night, it inspired me to do some research. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues this year but here are the starts were AJ has caught Contreras, in order. 6 IP 1 ER 6.2 IP 4 ER 4.2 IP 4 ER 3.1 IP 1 ER 6 IP 1 ER 8 IP 1 ER 7 IP 1 ER 7 IP 3 ER 6 IP 2 ER 6 IP 2 ER Now Widger's three starts with Contreras 5 IP 4 ER 6.1 IP 4 ER 6 IP 8 ER For totals of... AJ 60.2 IP 16 ER 2.52 ERA Widger 17.1 IP 16 ER 8.30 ERA Its not even close right now. Now it will be interesting to see if this is an aberration, or if AJ literally makes Contreras a better pitcher.
  24. QUOTE(zach23 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:02 PM) The famous Johnnie Cochoran "Chewbacca defense". If Mike was playing with full grown Wookies instead of little Ewoks he wouldn't be in all this trouble.
  25. Because typing with two hands just isn't practical sometimes http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8204555/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.