Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
What About This Series Coming up?
Ledezma/Garland is going to be a good one tonight. Ledezma always seems to pitch well against us, and Garland is pitching some of the best ball of his career right now. This has the potential to be a two hour 1-0/2-1 type game.
-
Cardinal George might have new role
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) There's that... SS2K5, I might be in the City next week, I'll share the "Perfumania" story I heard over a beer. Send me a message if you come into town. First one is on me.
-
Cardinal George might have new role
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:24 AM) Is that where she left to? There are tons of GREAT "Do you know who I am?" stories about her. I have my theories, but she all of the sudden announced she wasn't running for reelection, hand picked her successor, and then moved to Washington state supposedly for her husbands job IIRC. She even ended up leaving even before her term was up, and turning over to the FNM a couple of months early. I think someone was onto something and she got out ahead of the problems.
-
Cardinal George might have new role
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:22 AM) Mary Ann Ahern is (was) related to former Michigan City mayor Sheila Bergerson/Brillson through (former) marriage. Sheila Brillson=Rich Daley in training. I was never happier for my town, than when she split for Washington.
-
Game Thread 4-20 Sox VS. Detroit
Another friendly reminder, make sure to get your Picks to Click and YNOTs in! Also remember that tommorrows game against the Tigs is at 12:05, so make your picks early if you will not be on line duing the morning tommorrow!!
-
Kiper on top draft picks/Bears
- Ozzie going with closer by committee...
QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:04 AM) Can't let this pass without comment ... quickman = sunshine Why did Blackhole Sun just jump into my head?- Ozzie going with closer by committee...
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:59 AM) I thought exactly that and I was mad for about two innings afterwards. Rooney was commenting on the radio that had Pods been here last season he would've taken him out but since he wasn't close to the situation that it didn't happen. But yes, it was a perfect opportunity and I am guessing that due to Pods's health, he didn't run over Mauer. And that last line is the big picture. Pods is a little dude, and Mauer is a big boy. And that is on top of the injury to Pods... It isn't worth losing Pods for an extended period of time to send a message. Now if we were talking about a big boy like Everett or Uribe going into homeplate, it is a different story. Knock him out.- Cardinal George might have new role
Turns out he was important in getting Benedict XVI elected, and might become part of his inner circle. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4395731/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192- Zarqawi reports say he has Nuke device
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050419-102106-5456r.htm- What was No.1 on the day you were born?
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:39 AM) Wow! You get the award for extreme oldness!!! That rules! Edited for accuracy- Scout Seats
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:18 AM) Do you want us to look after you wife and kids, after your "unfortunate demise"?- Scout Seats
QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:16 AM) hmm 5.50 a beer * 10 = 55.50 plus food ,parking, and awesome seats? I think thats not a bad deal. Really if you think about it, those were $40 seats last year right? So you take $40 for the seat, $17 for the parking (really more because it is a private area right next to the park/entrance. Right there you are up to $57. And then say 5 beers at $6 (include tips in reality) is another $30, plus you could probably add $20 in food easily. Right there you are up to almost $110, while not really drinking or eating a lot. Throw in the the fact that you won't have to wait in lines for bathrooms, you have a parking lot right next to the stadium, you have a waitress who brings you food and drinkings so you don't have to miss the game or wait for a vendor, you won't have obnoxious fans who paid half price to sit next to you and ruin your night, the seats are RIGHT behind homeplate etc... The price isn't out of line at all.- Hermanson loves his role....
Hermy has been a godsend for us, much like Flash Gordon of two years ago... Not to mention he another one who helped to convince AJ to come here.- Niners Lock In On Their QB
And after seeing the list of Tedford QBs I know I got a little scared of Rodgers myself. I sure hope the Bears aren't thinking about him. Maybe they can get a trade done with someone who wants him, and get some more picks and quality players.- 4/19 Games
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 08:55 AM) I just dont see what Felix Diaz has left to do in AAA though.... he already proved he can dominate down there in a hitters park.... he either needs to be on the major league team or traded in my opinion. Someone has to want to give us something for him. Otherwise he is an insurance policy for us. I could see him being a decent set up man, but I don't think much of his starting potential.- Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 08:22 AM) Some blonde jokes; When I heard them they were all Aussie jokes?- 4/19 Games
Depending on the status of Felix Diaz, Jim Bullard has to have the first ticket to Charlotte, period.- Deron williams holding a press conferance
I didn't see it mentioned in here, but Deron did sign with an agent so he is officially not coming back to Illinois.- Game Thread 4-20 Sox VS. Detroit
I just wanted to be the first to say DE-TROIT SUCKS! DE-TROIT SUCKS!- Bitter sweet news...
His time is coming very quickly... If he was looking for a plea, and the DA wouldn't touch it, they have an awesome case.- Taleban back on the radio in Afghanistan
Freedom of Speech is a b**** like that... BTW when did they change the spelling? I though it was Taliban, with an I???- KW moves paying off........
No doubt that KW has got to be among the early leaders for executive of the year. He has had an incredible off season, really starting with the Freddy Garcia deal and going all of the way through his last moves of the spring.- Jay Mariotti
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:05 AM) Did I read Mariotti? LOL. No. ^^ Why contribute towards keeping him in business. As far as I am concerned, every hit he doesn't get, and every 50 cents the Sun Times doesn't get is another step towards him hitting the road.- Scout Seats
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:53 PM) There is another thread that says that those seats are available on an individual game basis. I agree that $175.00 is too high. I could buy a box seat, drink and eat myself sick and still not spend that much per person. I don't care if a waitress brings me all my food, drinks and a urinal either. Not worth it, IMO. Not to mention that parking is included, and it is in a reserved area with a private entrance that takes you underneath the stadium directly to your seats without passing through the masses in the rest of the crowd. They might have a big price tag, but they are worth it if you can do it. - Ozzie going with closer by committee...