Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
LA Trades Ishii to Mets for catcher Phillips
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 09:29 PM) Lucky Rick Peterson. He has 2 pitchers in Ishii and Zambrano who are going to walk batters so much now. Throw Billy Koch into the mix, and Peterson might commit suicide.
-
If Bmac can hold his own in Chicago
With Brandon McCarthy now breaking camp and coming north with the Sox, if BMac can be successful, should the Sox look at moving Jose Contreras to the pen and turning him into a closer? Remember the Sox originally wanted to trade Schoenweis to the Yankees for Contreras and then turn Jose into a closer. We all know Jose has electric stuff, and might be better served going all out for one inning at a time. The question is do we chance this with Shingo as a closer already? Could Shingo be more valuable in the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings matching up in critical junctions of the game? Thoughts?
-
Buerhle Injury Update
QUOTE(southsider17 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:43 AM) Well then, I hope BMac is truly ready. Then when Buehrle comes back, and Bmac has been dazzling, they can send Contreras to the pen or trade him. Interesting thought... gives me an idea for another thread.
-
Buerhle Injury Update
QUOTE(southsider17 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:37 AM) You think (if he'll be out 4 to 6 weeks) that they'll put Hermanson in the rotation and not mess with the development of BMac (though he sure looks ready)? Its too late for that. They would have had to been upping his innings a couple of weeks ago, and they never have. Good thought though.
-
Bears still looking for backup QB
Hasselback would be a solid back up. I wouldn't want him starting, but he works coming off of the bench. Any word on who is interested in Quincy Carter?
-
Austin Bracket
QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 07:33 PM) I think I have a right to judge both teams since I predicted Duke would lose to Miss. State. In my opinion, Mississippi State is way better then Michigan State and would beat them easily if they play their game. Lawrence Roberts is a top 5 big man and that guy Winsome could hit the three. If you guys can remember, last season Miss. State was a #2 seed in the tournament and were off to a great start this season befor that guy Winsome got hurt. They were much better then their seed and record indicated. Michigan State has the most overrated big man in the country in Paul Davis. That guy is a waste of space out there. he'll get controlled by Shelden for the third time in their career's. You mean Paul Davis that shutdown the nations 2nd leading scorer, and took over the game at a critical juncure? If he was wearing blue and white you'd be screaming about how people just hate him just because of the team he plays for. You are such a blatant hypocrate it isn't even funny. :headshake
-
Buerhle Injury Update
QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:19 AM) bruce on right now. Preliminary report is ligment damage or a small break. More to come. Way to quickly hedge your bets, Bruce
-
Best Movie Lines
One of my favorites from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation... "Merry Christmas, the s***ters full!"
-
Konerko Contract News
No one seems to be factoring the US Cellular factor when it comes to Mark. His home numbers destroy any hopes of having a decent looking ERA.
-
Another wonderful prediction from foxsports.com
QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 10:20 PM) the dude lost all credibility with me after he said radke and santana were the best one-two in the majors. Hmmmm....Schilling and Martinez I think were probably the best....Or maybe Oswalt and Clemens.... Pedro is with the Mets now...
-
Pablo Ozuna at 3B today
QUOTE(LDF @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 09:28 PM) has there been any team out there in arz really looking hard at willie? According to Bruce Levine, there are a lot of scouts down there looking at Borchard and Diaz. I haven't heard him mention Willie at all FWIW.
-
Advice on seat locations in The Cell
If it is your first time to the park, take the lower level. The seats aren't as good, but because they do not allow lower access for UD tickets, you would miss out on a lot of the cool things to do and see at Comiskey.
-
Sox make some more cuts...
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 09:25 PM) Nah...I hated Jose Valentin and my guess is they just replaced him with another Jose that I'll dislike (ie Contreras). But I hope to hell I'm wrong. Its just it doesn't seem to me that he's figured out how to pitch in the majors. The stuff is there, but that isn't everything. There is always someone
-
Buerhle Injury Update
Son of a b****, this sucks. This is not how I wanted Brandon to get his chance. . Get well soon Mark
-
Our Own Southsider...
That is pretty cool. I play that all of the time, and that is the highest I have been on anything so far. And as for the Soxtalk league, I took a couple more chances (Ver beating MSU, Iowa beating Cincy etc), and I am still only 2 points from first place. Out of curiousity, does anyone have their final 4 still intact?
-
Shark Tears Man in Half
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 04:03 PM) Spring Break Shark Attack!??!? I am so glad that is on tonight, for no other reason than I never have to see that f***ing commerical again during the NCAAs
-
Albuquerque Bracket
That Wake/WV game was one for the ages. WV kept throwing punches, but WF kept answering until the end. Big free throws probably ended up being their unduing ultimately, as foul trouble killed both teams.
-
Albuquerque Bracket
QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 05:35 PM) I am and he was amazing. Yeah, he complained and he was quietly one of the worse trash talkers in the league, but that guy could flat out play. I still remember when he won the NBA 3-pt shooting contest at the All-Star Game without ever taking off his warm up jacket. When it started he looked at all the other guys and asked who planned on coming in 2nd. Then went out and won it in his warmups. A pure pleasure to watch. For a guy who couldn't run well and couldn't jump, he could do everything else on a basketball floor. /nostalgic daydream OH yeah, there is no doubt Larry Legend was something else. Those Celtics teams were something special. It said a lot about their basketball IQs that so many of them are still involved with the sport.
-
Soxtalk NCAA Tourney Pick 'Em Contest
I am still looking pretty good. Let's hope that lasts.
-
Sox make some more cuts...
QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 01:33 PM) Anyone else worried that Pedro Lopez has 'deer in the headlights' syndrome? He has a great defensive rep from the minors but he looks very tentative playing the the big team. No doubt about it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slump as he goes back to the minors too, as he looked like he was trying way to hard. It might take him a while to relax again.
-
first game since 1999
Welcome to Soxtalk, and you will LOVE the new park. It is a whole new experience.
-
Terri Shaivo thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 04:51 PM) I agree that is God's word, and the husband should be making the decision. And because you were kind enough to being the Bible into the discusion, I am certain you would agree then the husband should be following . . . Matthew 5:21 - Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: I'm not smart enough to really understand Genesis 2, but I do understand, Thou Shall Not Kill. This is so different from using extraordinary equipment like ventilators to keep someone alive. So Jim, what happens when the hsuband isn't following God's word?? Is it killing someone when they couldn't survive on their own, and they had made the decesion that they didn't want artificial means keeping them alive?
-
Austin Bracket
This is the first time I have seen Bogut this year and he is incredible. Such smooth hands and so graceful. Wow.
-
Albuquerque Bracket
QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 02:21 PM) On another note, I've never seen a player whine as much as Morrison did today. He had 1 freaking foul called on him the entire game and he was whining about that one throwing his arms up in the air. I used to respect him as a player when they compared him to Larry Bird, Larry Bird he is not. Are you old enough remember Larry Bird? He did plenty of whining on his own
-
Syracuse Bracket
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 11:26 PM) Can Bucknell be the team that makes it to the Sweet 16? In no way am I trying to degrade the Badgers, but Bucknell (just heard on ESPN) beat Pitt at Pitt earlier in the year, might they be that 'Cinderella' team that makes the S-16? It'll be Vermont and UWMilwaukee I hope