Everything posted by Harry Chappas
-
White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
HE has only been there 3 years. Maybe he is tight with the GM and if the GM goes so may he,
-
A Season of Resurrection
If a team is willing to change.....are the White Sox willing to make a change or just hope players turn things around? The Padres continued to add after last season as did the Mariners.
-
2022 ALCS- Yankees/Astros
Are the Yankees really that good? Their bullpen is a wreck and outside of Cole their starting pitching isn't that deep or experienced. Stanton and Judge showed up in game 5 but I am still not sold on the Indians and think the schedule next year hurts them.
-
White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
Per my Omelet who spoke to the pancakes, they both agreed that nothing will be official until after the world series so the buffet will keep discussing and infuriating everyone until all are kicked out of said buffet for being there for two hours.
-
White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
In hindsight Renteria should have never have been fired.
-
Your 2023 Off-Season Plan
What am I missing on this offseason; The bullpen is what it is Colas is the RF 2B will be filled internally Spend some money to replace Cueto Hire a manager As has been stated previously if there is no improvement with Anderson, Moncada, Vaughan, Grandal and Robert there is nothing that can be done fix the mistakes for those contracts.
-
2022-23 NFL Season thread
If it came off as I was critical of Fields that was not my point. Other than holding the ball to long I have no problem with him. He holds the ball to long because the receivers suck and are never open but he doesn't seem to go through the progression quick enough and hopefully that changes. .
-
2022-23 NFL Season thread
They showed a stat the holds the ball longer then anyone in the NFL. He runs on pass plays which skews the run/pass balance. His receivers are absolute trash. His line has some major holes in it. He can't go through his progressions quickly enough. He can be a fine QB with some work which is what this year is for. Sad he has no receiving talent around him. I think the OC is a bozo.
-
White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
After the last hiring NOTHING would surprise me with this hire. Nobody is off the table. Ventura was a terrible move and at the time Guillen was a head scratcher. History is not kind to Jerry Reinsdorf hirings especially in the last 15 years. I include the Bulls.
-
Who is buying/renewing tix for 2023?
My tickets in the upperdeck decreased by 21% I wasn't going to renew but I may now.
-
Your 2023 Off-Season Plan
Let Abreu walk, sign Nimmo, bring up Colas, plug in someone at 2B from the system. I don't know what the finances will look like but that is what I come up with. I love to sign Rodon as well but that isn't happening. In reality I think hey bring up Colas, resign Abreu and waste $7M on the 2023 version of Vince Velasquez.
-
Guaranteed Rate concession employees picket stadium
I said this in a different thread and maybe I am over thinking this but doesn't the ISFA mange the concessions? I thought they handle the stadium and all that stuff. I also thought Reinsdorf owned all of the parking land and that would then be a different agreement.
-
Fire Rick Hahn
Wouldn't the Stadium deal be discussed between the ISFA and not the White Sox. I am not naïve to think that JR doesn't have his hands in it but the ISFA would be the people arranging that deal. I could be wrong and maybe the White Sox do make money off of that aspect. It certainly is a sweetheart deal for ole Jerry.
-
White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
He got to hire Shelly Duncan and Dave Duncan would have been the pitching coach if he wanted. He also hired Cairo and McEwing was a guy of his from way back. I still think the next manager is a place holder for Jirschele and Washington makes sense based on how fundamentally bad they are.....he could potentially make the most sense.
-
Fire Rick Hahn
Need 1 or 2 to happen. In 3 Hahn replaces Williams and Getz replaces Hahn.
-
2022-23 NFL Season thread
My issue and I can't seem to get a read from the talking heads is are they trying to win games or trying to gradually increase the pressure on Fields.
-
Fire Rick Hahn
He admitted in the press conference that he has no control. The team is run by KW and JR makes the big decisions.
-
White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
Pair him with Guillen as the bench coach....sounds stupid but it may just work.
-
LaRussa retiring on Monday
This organization is what Kenny Williams is and what Kenny Williams is all about. Player Development is nonsense in his mind and as such the budget is given to MLB talent.
-
10/5- Twins at Sox, 3:10
So the worst player in baseball has been stashed on the bench when he should have been on the DL. My Lord, this franchise. SMH
-
10/5- Twins at Sox, 3:10
Ovation? There will probably be bout 5,000 people there. It continues to be rather telling that Garcia isn't even playing in these worthless games.
-
10/5- Twins at Sox, 3:10
It is amazing how Garcia's playing time cratered after Tony fell ill.
-
Retiring #79
Jerry likes him so he probably will
-
White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
You would think especially with Francona stating he was thinking of retiring.
-
LaRussa retiring on Monday
Bill wasnt going to spend what was needed. No Hossa no cups.