Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Mazara walks about 2.2x the amount of Tim...
  2. First hot take of the year, but I think Cease is going to have a monster 2020.
  3. Those three spots probably have the most uncertainty at the moment. Grandal will definitely bat 4th or 5th against RHP, but I’m leaning towards 4th for now. I also think Ricky will most likely bat EE behind Eloy to provide the younger guy with better protection.
  4. We’re just over a month away from Opening Day so I thought now would be a good time for official lineup predictions. Here is my official guess of what Ricky will trot out on Opening Day against the Royals: Anderson, SS Moncada, 3B# Abreu, 1B Grandal, C# Jimenez, LF Encarnacion, DH Mazara, RF* Robert, CF Garcia, 2B#
  5. Controlled, but not cost controlled. There is a big difference there, especially with a reliever who could potentially be in the closing mix. And let’s not ignore the two option years that could be significantly under-valued if things go as the Sox plan. I just can’t get beyond people getting upset about locking up a young, LH reliever who just put up the second highest GB rate signing a 5 / $16M deal with two team friendly options.
  6. Exactly, this gives us flexibility to use him as our closer and to do so potentially on the cheap. I really love this move, but I also believe Bummer is a special reliever.
  7. Yup, I’m shocked more people aren’t loving this.
  8. They also can use him at closer now if need be without having to worry about ballooning salary. This could end up being a huge steal for us.
  9. We haven’t traded Elijah Tatis yet...
  10. The right answer is Giolito just because he was a legit TOR starter last year and bare minimum we need to finish the season with two guys we feel confidently can be the #1 & #2 of this rotation going forward. After him, we need at least one of Kopech or Cease to take a massive leap forward. As much as depth is important, we should be able to cover the back of the rotation between Lopez, Dunning, Rodon, Lambert, Stiever, Gonzalez, or even one of Cease or Kopech if they fail to progress. The top of the rotation is far more critical because Jerry isn’t going to sign a starter beyond a Wheeler type contract and we probably won’t have the ammo to trade for one.
  11. Not trying to be a dick, but are you actually insane? There is no Bears fan more guilty of this than you. Like I’ve had to do four takes to ensure I am responding to the right person because there is no way Jack Parkman could have written the above post.
  12. Purposely losing is far & away the worst thing a team can do in sports. I’m not sure how that’s even up for debate.
  13. You think cheating in hopes of winning a World Series is somehow worse than throwing a World Series for money? What in the fuck...
  14. Oh I truly believe the defense will improve significantly this year, I just wish he’d walk a bit more.
  15. Probably due to a lack of walking and inconsistent defense. I still love him though.
  16. I’m pretty sure he said they’d have money for mid-season acquisitions, so zero reason they couldn’t afford Puig on a one year deal.
  17. Hahn has already stated the Sox are far from maxed out money wise...
  18. Dude just looks beastly. I think 40 bombs is a minimum this year if he plays 150 games.
  19. Very true, had no idea exceptions like that were even granted but lucky us.
  20. Micker just needs to stay healthy. He’s shown real signs of progressing but has lost a ton of development time.
  21. Paxson is going to need a few more years to evaluate this thing...
  22. This is how I feel. Puig is both terrifying and intriguing at the same time. I will say that Hahn has commented on our lack of depth claiming it keeps him up at night so I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we added him.
  23. Here’s I’d see certain positions shaking out next year with the addition of Puig: RF: Mazara = ~105; Puig =~55 LF: Eloy = ~140; Puig = ~20 1B: Abreu = ~130; EE = ~20; Grandal =~10 DH: EE = ~110; Abreu = ~20; Grandal =~20; Eloy = ~10 CA: Grandal = ~120; McCann = ~40 Even without a major injury, he could get close to 75 starts next year. That’s a huge amount of playing time to give to Engel or Luery (or Mazara against LHP).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.