Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Good god man you will complain about anything.
  2. Mind elaborating on what he said?
  3. The lineup & rotation are 100% set. The bullpen has at least five locks in Colome, Bummer, Herrera, Cishek, & Fry and two more guys with very high likelihood’s of making the OD roster in Marshall & Cordero. They could add a long-man but it seems pretty apparent they are looking to add bench depth. I do like Mendick, but I wouldn’t be against adding two veteran bench pieces. We are definitely lacking both OF depth and left-side infield depth (especially in the event of an injury). That being said, I only expect one addition and could see it being Yolmer unfortunately.
  4. I must have missed the robot umps announcement, but when do they go live?
  5. The cans & packaging look cool as fuck. I’ll need to find a way get some of this shit shipped down to Nashville.
  6. Zobrist without question. If not him, then probably Holt or Gennett.
  7. Is it ok for Schilling to claim a black man is lying over the racist taunts he received when playing at Fenway even though he wasn’t there? Is it ok for Schilling to use random / unvented (and ultimately incorrect) data on the internet to draw parallels between Muslims & Nazi’s? I don’t know if he’s actually a racist, but he’s most definitely ignorant & arrogant and that’s a scumbag combo for me.
  8. ?...Betts for Collins & Mazara? (yes I know that’s not happening)
  9. I’m mostly in the same boat, but I will say you’d be surprised how much more gaming you are able to do with a portable system as an adult / professional.
  10. Not always. Being a rapist or a wife beater is not subjective. Being an outright racist is not subjective. I personally think Schilling is a scumbag, but not sure what he’s done is bad enough to be banned from the Hall.
  11. No idea what you are talking about here. I fully disagree Adam Engel is a good bench player on a normal sized bench and he think he’s perfect.
  12. I get your Mr. Positivity, but this is complete bullshit. First off, most people here are completely fine with Leury as a bench piece. Engel is the issue for most of us and I seriously doubt any other team would have given him 1,000+ plate appearances. If we could rock a seven man bench sure he’d be great as a late inning defensive replacement, but most likely we’ll have a four man bench and we can’t afford one of those guys being a career 37% below league average when our entire OF lacks durability.
  13. 100% agree. This desire for a bench full of specialists is crazy to me when we have a starting OF full of guys that get injured quite frequently. Mazara has averaged 122 games over the past two seasons. Eloy only played in 122 games last year and has battled injuries in both minor league seasons with us as well. Robert was mostly healthy last year, but battled multiple injuries before that. I do NOT want to rely on Adam Engel or Leury Garcia as an everyday starter if / when one of these guys goes down for a month. Let’s add someone that is a bit more well rounded and won’t kill you if exposed to everyday at-bats. Maybin would a huge upgrade over Engel in that sense and can still be used as defensive replacement in both corners. Until one of the minor league OFs proves to be a depth option (hopefully Basabe does at some point next year), we need a better 4th OF than Adam Engel.
  14. Lol...unfortunately for you most people that own a Tesla would simply buy a Nintendo Switch if they were really that interested in playing Stardew Valley.
  15. Fully disagree on the second paragraph.
  16. While we’re at it, let’s not convict any murderers because some people have gotten away with killing before. This isn’t directed at you, but I will never understand people arguing for known cheaters & scumbags getting into the Hall of Fame just because unconfirmed cheaters and scumbags from previous eras were voted in.
  17. Below average <> epically bad
  18. My point is decade is an arbitrary cutoff when deciding if the Sox are a good drafting club. Exclude the 2010 draft and the total WAR accumulated is vastly different. Let me ask you this, can you say with a straight face that the Sox have been a good drafting club under Hostetler?
  19. That’s exactly why I’d only commit one year to him at this time. If the defense is so detrimental you can move on from him after the season or possibly even flip him at the deadline.
  20. I’m taking about Nomar and I think it’s pretty fair to think he could get 80+ starts against RHP in that setup.
  21. I think Nick would start most games with Mazara basically filling across four spots (RF, LF, DH, & effectively 1B). Again, on a one year deal I’d be fine with that setup.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.