Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy U

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Timmy U

  1. Valuable AAA pennant race experience for Collins?
  2. I agree. I have always said that baseball is about depth. How many AAAA have significant roles on your team. That’s what sunk the Sale-era Sox. Get Collins, Robert, and Madrigal up, that’s no at bats for Engel, Yolmer, and Skole/Alonso/Jay. I call that a good start. A decent rightfielder completes the puzzle. Not that hard.
  3. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Collins 3-4 now. Single to left. His newfound ability to use the whole ballpark intrigues me.
  4. Well, in April he was hit by a pitch and tried to fight the entire Pirates team. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/yasiel-puig-tries-to-singe-handedly-fight-entire-pittsburgh-pirates-organization Then later in the year he started a brawl with the Cubs. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBo80dqCB4 Then the day he was traded, he got involved in another brawl with the Pirates. https://nypost.com/2019/07/30/yasiel-puig-involved-in-reds-pirates-fight-after-being-traded/ On the other hand, he has been quite good for Cleveland and isn’t causing problems, so who knows? I wouldn’t sign him, but that’s just me.
  5. If you have stomach flu, you get dehydrated
  6. Poor ReyLo. He gets Castillo A LOT.
  7. How can the Rangers get Koby Allard for a crappy reliever, and we can’t get anything decent for guys who were pretty good?
  8. So your argument is that Ricky is headed to the HoF? That Puig is good enough to be worth the distraction? That Puig is actually not bad in the clubhouse? I am not clear here.
  9. I will point out that Puig hits right-handed, is a clubhouse cancer, and isn’t very good. Personally, I would rather have Avi back, if we’re getting a similar skill set.
  10. His offensive numbers are eerily similar to James McCann’s 116 WRC, and he’s 2 years older, and he’s making 9 times as much as McCann. Maybe I’m leery cuz he’s the same age as Yonder Alonso and a catcher, but I would not give him a multi-year contract at $18 million per.
  11. Weird that if they think he’s Brinson, that they don’t give him his 60 Power and slap a 30 Hit on him. But ultimately, who cares? It’s like Keith Law and Sale (or Yoan Moncada) ultimately Longehagen’s opinion won’t matter.
  12. I will say it here too. Why are we obsessed with Grandal again? He’ll be 32 by the end of next year. Catchers don’t have a history of aging well. Unless maybe we’re counting on him going on the Nelson Cruz diet?
  13. This obsession with Grandal is weird. If we’re going to blow JR’s money let’s spend it on Cole. Grandal is a 32 year old catcher. He’s a major candidate to fall off a cliff in the next 3 years. Why would we want that? Personally, I want Collins to get a month of mlb at bats with his new swing to evaluate where he’s at. If this is real, then you concentrate on a pitcher and RF.
  14. This is a big start for Dylan. If he can just stop giving up early 3 run jacks, he could really be special.
  15. Figures. The missed call on Jay costs us a run.
  16. My view is you split DH. Give Collins a lot of at bats there as well as Eloy. Maybe Moncada once a week to reduce wear and tear. Anything but another Yonder/Adam Dunn type.
  17. Yes, but that bird has flown away. I was a Narvaez fan as well, but now I am looking forward to Collins.
  18. Fry is on paternity leave so Sox recalled Jose Ruiz. He was coming up after September 1 regardless and he’s looked good at times, so I will be interested to see what he can do.
  19. Timmy U replied to zisk's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Yolmer is arb eligible, if he is not the starter, he gone.
  20. Sure. I was just pointing out that Collins could be hella valuable as backup/versatile lefty bat.
  21. Timmy U replied to zisk's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    At this point, could they be more obvious? But I could see them staggering the call ups for plausible deniability. So, a month of Ryan Goins as your starting second baseman?
  22. Timmy U replied to zisk's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Why?
  23. Collins getting 40-50 starts behind the plate, 40-50 starts at 1b, and 40-50 starts at DH gives him close to 500 at bats, mostly against right-handed pitching. If he hits, that’s a valuable player. Might not even have to carry three catchers. Right now, McCann is not blocking Collins, Matt Skole is. Well, and what’s left of Welington Castillo.
  24. Hopefully those at bats all go to Collins in September. It’s important to have some idea of what to expect from him going into the offseason.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.