Everything posted by Timmy U
- 7/20 Games
-
Boston Smith
Did a little Google stalking and Boston Smith is as unique as his name. He is a good enough athlete that during his Junior year, he was Wright State’s starting shortstop. Apparently the team had other catchers. He isn’t super experienced at catcher, but he’s plenty athletic for the position. He’s new to calling games, so it would be a stretch to see him catch in the majors any time soon. He’s always hit though, so his bat has a chance of outpacing his glove since he can play left as well. Currently rocking a .500 ISO, which would make him a HoF. That’s gonna come down, but he had a .300 ISO in W-S. He’s one of those pop up guys who just has to prove it at every level, Ala Romy Gonzalez, but there’s a good chance Boston Smith is a dude.
-
7/20/2026 - Sox @ Rangers, 7:05 CDT - Fedde v. DeGrom
You would only add Turner if you decided to DFA Romo which, considering his performance, any sane person would likely be considering.
-
Roch Cholowsky Video / Media
The Teel injury just underlines what we all already know: in sports, you’re always one play away from next man up. I am confident that if Cholowsky proves he’s ready, the opportunity will present itself. Maybe not as quick as he’d like, but either trades or injuries or poor performance will open the door for him. You can never have too many good players.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
The Sox have moved on from like 70 guys in the last two years. Check your Sporcles. I mean, most were obvious but they range from Dom Fletcher and Corey Julks to relief arms like Marinaccio and Ryan Borucki. They moved on from Fedde and then brought him back. Some of those guys are bound to eventually be successful big leaguers. So far, Mead is probably the one who's had the most success, but really Boston Smith is not nothing. I think the guy has a shot of being a big leaguer.
-
Top 20 Prospects (Pre Draft)
I tend not to rank relievers, so I find Schweitzer, Iriarte, and Pierce George to be a bit high. I have George at 30. The two I really question are Ky Bush and Aldrin Batista. Both will probably be relievers if they ever come back, but that is a huge question at this point. You miss 2 years in their entirety, it is hard to rank you. I would go with more upside. Larson would be way higher for me, for instance. I’m also intrigued by Casteel and Weingartner, although it will be at least a year before we know anything about them.
-
7/19 Games
Wow. Some love for the mysterious Boston Smith.
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
Okay. I mean, they are radically different players. Gonzalez in this current iteration is power over hit and a 40 runner. Thome’s ceiling is like McGonigle or Weatherholt or something. That’s not a likely outcome, but if we’re talking ceiling, you just don’t know. We’ll know a lot more hopefully by this time next year. Also, he signed underslot, so that money went into signing Prosek. It’s complex.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
After watching Carlson all weekend, I would have a hard time trading him. Dude looks like he’s just beginning to scratch the surface of his potential offensively. I would rather bundle a quantity over quality package that excludes teenagers.
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
I believe Gonzalez will definitely hit, so it’s a great trade for the Pirates. They get immediate help in a pennant race. Jury’s gonna be out for a few years for the Sox. With their upcoming 40 man crunch, I get why they did it. May sting a little from time to time though.
-
7/19 Games
Yeah, especially considering all the studs who were picked after him.
-
Roch Cholowsky Video / Media
I would be shocked if Roch plays an inning for Kanny. They would not want to block Carlson.
-
7/19 Games
HR Boston Smith. I do not know what to make of him. Lowish round senior sign acquired for Mead. He hit like a mf his last year in college and his first full year as a pro. Surprisingly athletic and, although they mostly use him in the of, he's not horrible as a catcher. Rocketed up 3 levels this year. At this point, just on production, you have to put him in the Top 30 of the system, right? But I'm not sure the median outcome is even an mlb player.
-
7/19/2026 - Sox @ Jays 11:15 CDT - Burke v. Yesavage
Nice
-
7/19/2026 - Sox @ Jays 11:15 CDT - Burke v. Yesavage
Taylor is the new Bummer. Lotta soft contact base runners.
-
7/19 Games
Carlson was super hot before he got hurt. Will be interesting to see how the bat develops
-
7/19/2026 - Sox @ Jays 11:15 CDT - Burke v. Yesavage
Really disappointed in how they performed against what’s left of Bieber, but you can’t blame them for struggling against Yeasavage. Man, I wish Hagen Smith looked like this.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
Just logically, what I’m saying is Mead got an offseason plan from the Sox that he then executed. He then spent most of the spring in the WBC or Sox Spring Training. Is your theory that the Nats changed his swing one game into the regular season?
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
There has been A LOT written about how the Sox changed Mead’s swing, approach, and training to get to more pull side power. Here’s Google AI summary of the story: https://www.google.com/search?q=curtis+mead+2025+season+end+hitting+discussion&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS999US1144&oq=curtis+mead+2025+season+end+hitting+discussion&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyCQgAEEUYORigATIKCAEQABiABBiiBDIKCAIQABiiBBiJBdIBCTIyMDg1ajBqN6gCFLACAeIDBBgBIF_xBa9ZWrF38fQs8QWvWVqxd_H0LA&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&source=chrome.ob&ie=UTF-8#lfId=ChxjMe
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
Eisert gave up 3 the next inning. He still sucks.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
To be fair, Fuller deserves a ton of credit for Mead’s season. Last year they sent him away with a clear plan: stop being a tweener. Bulk up and look to hit for damage. They gave him swing fixes to achieve that. Mead was blocked, out of options, and played in the WBC so the Sox didn’t get a full look at the results of those changes. Also, Boston Smith is not a terrible outcome.
-
White Sox - Injury Tracker
He does not.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
If they get second half Shane Smith from last year, they don’t need Singer or Detmers. Personally, I love Detmers, but not at the cost of two really high first rounders.
-
Three White Sox DSL prospects voted to allstar game
Great minds think alike.
-
7/18, Sox @ Blue Jays, 7:07 AM Uninhabited Baker Island Time
If a tree falls on an uninhabited island and there’s no one around, does it matter what time it fell?