Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy U

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Timmy U

  1. Here's mine. My confidence level of these judgments is low. I haven't watched as many MiLB games as normal because I'm traveling. Caleb Bonemer, ss/3b (AA) *Jaden Fauske, of (A) Tanner McDougal, rhp (A+) Billy Carlson, ss (A) (IL) *Hagen Smith, lhp (IL) David Sandlin, rhp (AAA) *George Wolkow, of (A+) *William Bergolla, ss (IL) Gabe Davis, rhp (AA) Mason Adams, rhp (AAA) Kyle Lodise, ss (A+) Javier Mogollon, 2b/ss (A) *Blake Larson, lhp (ACL) Max Banks, rhp (A+) *Colby Shelton, inf (AA) Jeral Perez, 2b/3b (A+) Mathius LaCombe, rhp (A+)% *Sebastian Romero, of (DSL) Matthew Boughton, ss/cf (A) *Christian Oppor, lhp (ACL) Stiven Flores, c (A) *Sammy Zavala, of (AA) *Landon Hodge, c (ACL) Jose M. Mendoza, c (ACL) *Boston Smith, c/of (A+) *Ely Brown, of (A+) Anthony DePino, 1b (AA) *Christian Gonzalez, of (A) *Abraham Nunez Jr., of (A) Pierce George, rhp (A+)%
  2. In his one at bat today Gonzalez hit an 111 mph double, so it's not all the park by any means.
  3. This may also be the first of many moves to ease the upcoming 40 man roster crunch. They are currently at 39 with 8 guys on the 6o-day IL. I think it's likely that Mason Adams eventually gets added as well. So, even though I'm a little sad about this, it's not insane.
  4. I really don't love this. 6+ years of control of a guy who has broken out in AAA and shown flashes in MLB for a comp pick in a draft that's getting weaker by the minute thanks to NIL money everywhere seems light. But good for Gonzo. Maybe he'll get an everyday job in Pittsburgh.
  5. 5 runs up. Is it Seranthony time?
  6. Another fantastic start for Burke. Very happy for him.
  7. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    7 run ninth so far for W-S. Doesn’t matter the names, that team has hit all year.
  8. Would the Golden Sombrero count as Mexican Heritage?
  9. I mean, if they did something crazy, they have a lot to sell. Newcomb, Hudson, and Taylor would fetch a fair amount. If they started marketing young controllable bats like Vargas, there'd be huge offers. So, they have pieces. They just should absolutely not do it.
  10. Lance Johnson would like a word...
  11. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Not that hard. He's 16 on MLB Pipeline. Those three guys slot in that range as well. It's likely a coin flip for any evaluator.
  12. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    In Charlotte, it looks like Cannon was okay. 5 innings, 2 runs, 2bb, 4K. McDougal threw a clean inning with a K and Davitt struck out 5 in 3 scoreless innings. So, maybe some reinforcements there.
  13. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    In game news, Bonemer is 2-3 with a HR. He seems to be adjusting to AA, which doesn’t surprise me. I had him as their top prospect coming into the year and with all the graduations he certainly is. I may have him ahead of Roch/Grady/Lackey when all is said and done.
  14. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Taylor has a 4 seam, a 2 seam, curve, slider, cutter, and change.
  15. Question for debate: is it possible the Sox have fixed Jordan Hicks? Small sample size, but since his rehab stint he has looked like a different guy. If he becomes a reliable option late, it changes the vibe of the pen immensely. Maybe the need to go outside the org is a lot less.
  16. Could be Sandlin. Could be a bullpen day. As to why, currently Schultz gives them zero chance pretty much every time out. I bet he starts because the A’s are so lefty, but you gotta have him on a super short leash right before the break.
  17. The funny thing is there is way less drinking at the park than when I was a kid. Back then, Veeck encouraged consumption of hard liquor out there. Stuff is tame compared to the bleachers in the late 70's.
  18. I think, if you like him, the carrying tool is his hit tool. Obviously, that's a tough one to project, so if you don't like him, you focus on everything else which is closer to 50s across the card. So, as with all preps, there's some risk here. At PG National last year, he was the consensus top guy in the class. No one else really close, but on pure tools outside of Hit, Lombard has him beat. Elijah Green had a lot of tools too, though. Hit is an absolutely critical tool.
  19. To which tool are you referring? Hit tool?
  20. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    I think Romero was HBP, right?
  21. I respect how you take a different approach than the herd. It really adds to the discussion. I am very hit tool forward, so of those listed I like Bell. Lackey has a huge upside, but his performance against velocity scares me. I think Burress has a real shot to be Wyatt Langford-lite, but as a short R/R dead pull hitting potential corner with considerable bust potential, I think he's rich for 1/1. I wish I liked Flora more. His K numbers in a mid-major conference are honestly confusing to me. I am not a Reese fan cuz of defensive questions. But I agree, they could all be solid pros.
  22. I don’t think trading Peoples is a big deal. He’s likely behind Davis, Gonzalez, Iriarte, and Pallette in the pecking order anyway. Why they wanted Hartl is beyond me.
  23. But that makes him unavailable for days. I would imagine it is him.
  24. Fair enough. For me Fauske > Carlson. I like the profile better. His hit tool looks better, plus, if they draft Roch, Carlson already redundant somewhat. Different strokes. But I likely wouldn’t trade either of them or Bonemer. Especially for a rental in a year that the Sox are very unlikely to make the WS.
  25. You said you were willing to trade Fauske to get basically anyone and then also added Gonzalez. Maybe I misinterpreted. Is there anyone you would make untouchable?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.