Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy U

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Timmy U

  1. Currently the Sox have one team in the DSL. They will have two after they open their new facility. Many orgs already have two DSL teams. @southsider2k5 expressed surprise that despite NOT splitting their talent, the Sox still have such a terrible record in the DSL.
  2. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Sox don’t have a lot of pitching depth right now, but those are two guys who could help out in the second half. Especially Smith. Need them to shove tonight.
  3. Discretion of the official scorer. The fact he had an ERA over 9 for the game may have had something to do with it.
  4. Schweitzer probably deserves the W tonight. Richard’s may get it, though.
  5. Red Sox up to .500. Twins get there if they hold on at Wrigley. Gonna be a barn burner down the stretch.
  6. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Carlson 3 hits in his return to action.
  7. Kay may not be long for this one.
  8. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Carlson def looks like an mlb shortstop.
  9. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Cannon getting rocked. Tre Morgan just took him deep. Switched over to Kanny. A lot of impressive athletes on that team. We’ll see if they develop as hitters.
  10. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Charlotte has no actual prospects left. Maybe Quero. Cannon almost got taken deep by Nick Madrigal.
  11. Not entirely fair. Ryan Fuller has built a hitting program very different from the group who tried to help Kath.
  12. This is 60 speed. This is why you always draft shortstops. https://x.com/FutureSox/status/2077130987587137995
  13. Of course the scary version of this profile is Wes Kath. His hit tool was vastly overrated and the old Sox PD group couldn’t help him. I hope this turns out better.
  14. Interesting. I've read big throwing arm, probably not athletic enough to stay at short, probably too good a hitter to let develop at catcher, so 3b. That does sound like a lefty Bonemer to me.
  15. Makes sense to me. I like Fauske a ton. Not a reflection on Carlson, who I believe will develop some pop to go along with the glove. I just like Fauske’s tools a tad better.
  16. Thanks for the update. I like how aggressive you were ranking Prosek. I still have Bonemer over Cholowsky, mostly cuz I'm a Stan, but also guy's a year younger doing in in AA. I remain openminded. I'm also something of a Fauske Stan, so I have him slightly above Carlson, Thome, and Prosek. Upon further review, I bumped Burrowes up into the Top 20. He's been pretty good all year and is still only 21. A lot of who deserves to be where won't be clear until like next May, so it's a lot of guesswork until then.
  17. Griffin is hurt. Gonzo gonna play ss. I believe Lowe is a FA at the end of the year. Gonzo will either play 2b or 3b with Nick Gonzalez playing the other.
  18. College pitcher in 5 is disappointing to me. Despite huge pool, Sox playing it chalk
  19. College pitching is now flying off the board.
  20. Great pick. Someone I wanted the Sox to take, but it was always a pipe dream.
  21. Sox and A's doing their best not to upstage the draft. Yeesh.
  22. Janesville native. Another local kid. Midwest baseball has really stepped up in the last 10 years.
  23. Great landing spot for Peterson. I'm sure they'll turn him into a strike-throwing monster.
  24. Sox have been notoriously bad in round 2 and then after that almost never draft HS. The guys they have drafted in the last 10 years have been universally awful. Hello, Luis Curbelo, Sam Abbott, Cabrera Weaver, Matthew Thompson, Andrew Dalquist etc. But most of the college guys have been bad too. After the first round the draft is a crapshoot and the Sox have not been an elite player acquisition org.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.