2017 MLB DRAFT

Boopa1219

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 12:49 PM)
Curious. Where does he have Hasely, Pavin Smith, Hiura, and Warmoth?

11. Adam Haseley, OF, Virginia

Haseley leads the Cavaliers in all three triple-slash stats (.396/.495/.689) and in walks (32) through April 22, showing surprising power and the potential to stay in centerfield long-term, though I don’t know that he’s going to have more than fringy power with the wood bat.

7. Pavin Smith, 1B, Virginia

Smith is the safest of safe guys, as he has been among the hardest Division I hitters to strike out (just six times through 43 games and 195 PA through April 22), while making hard contact and showing some power. College first basemen taken in the first round do not have a strong track record, however.

33. Keston Hiura, DH/2B, UC Irvine

Hiura is another plus hit tool guy, but he always had a below-average arm that limited his potential positions, and now he isn't throwing at all because of injury.

26. Logan Warmoth, SS, North Carolina

Warmoth leads the Heels in most offensive categories, as the junior shortstop is showing more power and patience this season. The leading thought from scouts is that he’ll move to third or second but show enough pop to profile as a regular at either spot.

There you go

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 12:49 PM)
Curious. Where does he have Hasely, Pavin Smith, Hiura, and Warmoth?

Not sure if I can/should totally list his rankings, so I'll go with a general "range"...

Smith Top 10

Haseley Top 15

Warmoth Top 30

Hiura Top 35

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 12:28 PM)
Keith Law's TOP 50 list out todayl

Most glaring player I noticed was the absence of Jordon Adell from his Top 50. According to scouts Law has talked to major hit questions and throwing very poorly right now. Is moving dramatically down everyone's list.

The link is here: http://www.espn.com/blog/keith-law/insider/post?id=7027

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
Not sure if I can/should totally list his rankings, so I'll go with a general "range"...

Smith Top 10

Haseley Top 15

Warmoth Top 30

Hiura Top 35

I posted a few write ups, but I'm not going to post the whole list. Not sure what the rules on that exactly are

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
Yeah sorry I said list but I meant don't copy paste the whole article.

Understood

Didn't think the whole article is necessary anyway. I held off forever in getting an ESPN subscription, but finally caved recently because I wanted to see if insider was worth it

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
Will be getting an updated MLB.com top 100 draft list sometime today.

new list is up link

Here is what I think could be a realistic draft for their first three picks.

11 - Adam Haseley

49 - Bryce Montes de Oca

87 - Luis Gonzalez

Having missed out on Benintendi previously they get their "guy" here at 11 with Haseley . They have a history with Montes de Oca and could come under the slot value of 1.39M, due to familiarity, popping him early and his injury concerns. Gonzalez fits the mold of the recent draft trend the Ender Inciarte comp is nice.

Edited by beautox

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 08:01 AM)
new list is up link

11 - Adam Haseley

49 - Bryce Montes de Oca

87 - Luis Gonzalez

Having missed out on Benintendi previously they get their "guy" here at 11 with Haseley . They have a history with Montes de Oca and could come under the slot value of 1.39M, due to familiarity, popping him early and his injury concerns. Gonzalez fits the mold of the recent draft trend the Ender Inciarte comp is nice.

I really think Haseley is right up their alley. I keep likening him to Benitendi as well, even though he comes up short on a few of the tools by comparison. He's my current draft crush at the moment.

An aside, either Callis or Manual noted yesterday that he could see Faedo falling into the White Sox lap at 11. Couldn't argue with that if it happened.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 08:39 AM)
I really think Haseley is right up their alley. I keep likening him to Benitendi as well, even though he comes up short on a few of the tools by comparison. He's my current draft crush at the moment.

An aside, either Callis or Manual noted yesterday that he could see Faedo falling into the White Sox lap at 11. Couldn't argue with that if it happened.

The last 3 drafts, my draft crush got taken in each draft. I'll let you know who I've settled on a few days before lol won't really read up on anything until about within a week up to the draft.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 08:43 AM)
The last 3 drafts, my draft crush got taken in each draft. I'll let you know who I've settled on a few days before lol won't really read up on anything until about within a week up to the draft.

Is that particularly impressive with 20+ rounds?

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 09:05 AM)
Is that particularly impressive with 20+ rounds?

My #1 crush haha I think he was implying that it was the top guy he wanted. I've had all the guys I wanted the Sox to take in the first round get drafted. Granted, a lot of us likely wanted all of those guys but still. A lot were definitely not into the Collins pick at first.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 09:11 AM)
My #1 crush haha I think he was implying that it was the top guy he wanted. I've had all the guys I wanted the Sox to take in the first round get drafted. Granted, a lot of us likely wanted all of those guys but still. A lot were definitely not into the Collins pick at first.

I wanted Kyle Lewis last year

Even though he got injured, I still think he would have been a quality pick

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 09:11 AM)

I wanted Corey Ray but I also never watch college baseball and it's mostly about just liking the idea of the certain position or type of player.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 08:43 AM)

I'm 3-3 as well, and I would be thrilled with Haseley or Faedo.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 12:40 PM)
Jonathan Mayo @JonathanMayo

I bet they would love it if Haseley got to them.

If I Had My Druthers @chisox2727

Replying to @JonathanMayo and @MLBDraft

who do you see as possible options for the White Sox?

Haseley is playing well enough that I don't think he will fall out of the top 10 picks

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 12:05 PM)
I'm 3-3 as well, and I would be thrilled with Haseley or Faedo.

I'm 1 for 3, or 2/3 if you view it positively. I was pushing for Rodon, Fulmer, and Ray each of the last 3 years.

This year I haven't declared a mostly-random gut selection yet. But once I do, you guys can call Vegas.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 08:01 AM)
new list is up link

11 - Adam Haseley

49 - Bryce Montes de Oca

87 - Luis Gonzalez

Snagging Haseley and Montes de Oca would definitely be my ideal first two picks.