Braves among teams showing interest in chris sale

Whisox05

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
Seems everyone is avoiding Inciarte for some reason. I'd rather have him headlining the deal than anyone else.

+15 DRS this past year

+29 the year before that

Add that with Eaton in the OF and your in business defensively

He's just a really good 26 year old baseball player

I don't see Atlanta wanting to trade Inciarte because who do they replace him with then?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
I don't see Atlanta wanting to trade Inciarte because who do they replace him with then?

I think they would have the trade off for lesser propsects on the backend of the Chris Sale trade. Which I personally would gladly do. It's less risk for us because we're getting an established player signed through 2020 + others. Defensively the OF just improved a bunch.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)
I think they would have the trade off for lesser propsects on the backend of the Chris Sale trade. Which I personally would gladly do. It's less risk for us because we're getting an established player signed through 2020 + others. Defensively the OF just improved a bunch.

So what do you propose as a framework then?

Inciarte / Swanson + two quality pitching prospects?

If I am making a deal with Atlanta, I need Swanson. If I am making a deal with the Dodgers, I need Buehler.

What I'm trying to say is, I just want Carson Fulmer to be happy.

Maybe Sale to ATL and Q to LAD and then Fulmer, Swanson, and Buehler can be the 3 best friends that anyone ever had.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

Sorry, I know it's not a popular opinion, but I'm just not a fan of Inciarte. I think he is one of those guys that the metrics love but just isn't actually worth what the imperfect metrics say. If we're dealing with Atlanta I want Swanson, Maitan, and some pitching. Not really interested in Inciarte.

Edited by QuickJones81

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
Sorry, I know it's not a popular opinion, but I'm just not a fan of Inciarte. I think he is one of those guys that the metrics love but just isn't actually worth what the imperfect metrics say. If we're dealing with Atlanta I want Swanson, Maitan, and some pitching. Not really interested in Inciarte.

Agree.

I love Inciarte. Some of you may recall me championing a trade of Quintana for a package around Inciarte, Drury, and a couple others from the Dbacks.

But Inciarte is 26. He only fits this rebuild if we are ready to compete in 2018. I think we should be targeting players around age 22-24, so they are really to be a real playoff contender by 2019-2020. Advanced metrics have shown a shift in "Prime years" from 28-30 like it used to be, to about 26-28. And if the Braves are really pushing to compete for 2018, Inciarte is a really perfect fit for them right now.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 10:17 PM)
Kevin Maitan is f***ing 16 years old. A lot can happen between now and when he's ready. He can't be the key piece.

Thats what im thinking. People are like give me maitan and swanson as starting points. Maitan just signed this july. Hasn't had any playing time yet that i can find. Waiting for him to progress to majors could possibly go into 2020s. Thats brand new starting out. Sox have to looking at guys that are AA or AAA for sale. They cant wait many years for a guy to get developed

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Thats what im thinking. People are like give me maitan and swanson as starting points. Maitan just signed this july. Hasn't had any playing time yet that i can find. Waiting for him to progress to majors could possibly go into 2020s. Thats brand new starting out. Sox have to looking at guys that are AA or AAA for sale. They cant wait many years for a guy to get developed

How is everyone seeing "Swanson and Maitan should be starting points" and somehow ignoring Dansby Swanson's name? He's a GREAT starting point in his own right. So why not take a generational talent along with him, even if he's 4 or 5 years away? You don't want the Braves top prospect because he's too young? The fact that he's so young and thought of so highly should tell you enough.

I wouldn't want Maitan is the ONLY centerpiece of the deal, but you're still getting Dansby friggin Swanson.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
How is everyone seeing "Swanson and Maitan should be starting points" and somehow ignoring Dansby Swanson's name? He's a GREAT starting point in his own right. So why not take a generational talent along with him, even if he's 4 or 5 years away? You don't want the Braves top prospect because he's too young? The fact that he's so young and thought of so highly should tell you enough.

I wouldn't want Maitan is the ONLY centerpiece of the deal, but you're still getting Dansby friggin Swanson.

Yes having swanson would be great but thats one piece. Yes to me maitan is very young and hasnt even played ball in the us. If you are taking 4 to 5 years away then alot can happen to him either actually making it or not developing into the player you thought he would be. To me i would want to be taking players that can compete along with swanson now or very near future not 4 or more years away. Plus maitan would have to develop in the sox system. Are you that sure he can with them. Tho do you really think the braves are going to trade swanson in the first place. If hes not even close to the picture then nothing to talk to the braves about

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
Yes having swanson would be great but thats one piece. Yes to me maitan is very young and hasnt even played ball in the us. If you are taking 4 to 5 years away then alot can happen to him either actually making it or not developing into the player you thought he would be. To me i would want to be taking players that can compete along with swanson now or very near future not 4 or more years away. Plus maitan would have to develop in the sox system. Are you that sure he can with them. Tho do you really think the braves are going to trade swanson in the first place. If hes not even close to the picture then nothing to talk to the braves about

The Braves have other fine infield prospects (Ozzie Albies, Rio Ruiz, Austin Riley, Kevin Maitan and Travis Demeritte) plus a stash of young pitchers (Sean Newcomb, Mike Soroka, Ian Anderson, Touki Toussaint, Max Fried, Joey Wentz, Kyle Muller, Lucas Sims) that could form the basis of a big deal.
- Jon Haymen

http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-bra...m-serious-time/

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)

You think they are all just vastly wrong about his defense?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)

I didn't say I didn't want the kid I just don't want him being the centerpiece. Dansby is the main jewel.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 11:04 PM)
I didn't say I didn't want the kid I just don't want him being the centerpiece. Dansby is the main jewel.

Ok...so again...how does saying "Swanson should be the centerpiece" make it inciting, but saying"Swanson and Maitan are the centerpieces" somehow turn you off? Does Maitan being included somehow make Swanson worse?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 01:53 AM)
Ok...so again...how does saying "Swanson should be the centerpiece" make it inciting, but saying"Swanson and Maitan are the centerpieces" somehow turn you off? Does Maitan being included somehow make Swanson worse?

I guess that's what turns me off about Atlanta. Just not WOWd by their prospects ever.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 12:53 AM)
Removing swanson from the equation does those other pieces make sale worth trading for. For me no.

That's where I hard disagree with Haymen... hell no. I'd want this from Atlanta... a gross overpay:

1. Swanson ( #4 prospect in MLB )

2. Incarte

3. Albies ( #12 prospect )

4. Newcomb ( #46 prospect )

5. Maitan ( #89 prospect )

Pucker up buttercup.

Edited by hi8is

Braves are aggressively swapping offers for starting pitchers. Rival officials think Braves and Astros will add the most help this winter.

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/798941952020344832

WSL posted this is another thread, but I think it deserves to be in here too. If they include Swanson and Inciarte, I'd think about it.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
I find it interesting that the Braves who won 68 games in 2016 are trying to acquire Sale and the White Sox who won 78 games in 2016 are trying to trade Sale.

The White Sox are a ways away from fielding a team that is consistently good, but if they hit all the right buttons in an offseason, they could make the playoffs. That rarely happens.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 01:22 PM)
I find it interesting that the Braves who won 68 games in 2016 are trying to acquire Sale and the White Sox who won 78 games in 2016 are trying to trade Sale.

Braves are trying to fill a new stadium. Sox are trying to hide and rebuild until they can leverage a new stadium name billboard off of the facade.