Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Jbabs34 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
Do any of you see the Yankees joining the Q sweepstakes? Would love to get some of their prospects.

Yep, I do. Especially now that Boston has acquired Sale. A package starting with Frazier and Rutherford sounds good to me.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
I find that hard to believe considering the Red Sox didn't include Moncada until today

Is this true? I was watching mlbnetwork and I believe what they said was this was the offer from Saturday from Boston.

I may have misunderstood, I'll say that, but I'm pretty sure that was what they said.

QUOTE (HeGone7 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
Is this true? I was watching mlbnetwork and I believe what they said was this was the offer from Saturday from Boston.

I may have misunderstood, I'll say that, but I'm pretty sure that was what they said.

They've been talking for a few days supposedly. Since the weekend I mean.

QUOTE (HeGone7 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)

I was under the understanding that last night's talks with the Nats pushed Boston to "step up" ala Heyman'a tweets

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:35 PM)
Washington truly seems like a good match for Quintana. Robles+ would still be a great return. What other teams have the prospect power and the need? Atlanta/Houston back in play? Colorado?

I'd think that all the teams you just mentioned, maybe throw in the Yankees as well. Probably could even come up with some creative ones with 4 years of control. I'd still say they make even more sense than Washington.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:39 PM)
I really don't know what to expect in a return for Quintana

If rumors are true of teams offering 95% of what we got for Sale, probably Giolito + Robles and lesser back end pieces. Alternatively Giolito OR Robles with much better depth pieces. I'd pray for an AJ Reed/Kyle Tucker++ personally

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
If rumors are true of teams offering 95% of what we got for Sale, probably Giolito + Robles and lesser back end pieces. Alternatively Giolito OR Robles with much better depth pieces. I'd pray for an AJ Reed/Kyle Tucker++ personally

For Quintana alone, I'd probably accept Giolito, Robles, and Severino

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
For Quintana alone, I'd probably accept Giolito, Robles, and Severino

Might also get them to bite on DRob. They're in on Davis who is also expensive and has health questions. Maybe package them together even.

Edited by Blackout Friday

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
Might also get them to bite on DRob. They're in on Davis who is also expensive and has health questions. Maybe package them together even.

Makes me think they've given up on a blockbuster with the Sox if they are trying to get Davis at the last minute.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
Makes me think they've given up on a blockbuster with the Sox if they are trying to get Davis at the last minute.

Supposedly Soler for Wade D is close. Balls' in your court, Mike Rizzo.

Edited by Ro Da Don

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
What is Moncada's jersey number going to be with the Sox?

Press conference scheduled, or is he out of the country? You would think with season ticket renewals going out that they'd try to milk Moncada for all he's worth, along with Anderson and Rodon.

Yeah, and after 2018, they'll have a much better idea where they at in the rebuilding process. Serious players...not for Harper and Machado, but the next tier is certainly a possibility.

I'm going to guess he goes with #11.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)
I'm going to guess he goes with #11.

Isn't that retired? I know Aparicio let Vizquel use it, but it's still retired.

Also, I doubt there's a press conference. These are prospects.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
No chance. It's retired.

Ahh, didn't think about that. Good call.

It's a shame because I would honestly buy Moncada's jersey tonight...there is 25% off at mlb.com

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
Apparently the Nats increased their offer to Robles, Giolito, and Lopez this morning. Tough to turn that one down, that's a lot of faith in Moncada and Kopech turning into stars.

Tough to pass that up and I'm surprised they couldn't use that nationals offer to get more from Boston. Kinda call bulls*** on that one.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:39 PM)

Are you sure?

I thought that the stupid front office brought Rodon up before the service time cutoff in 2015.

I ask, because I can't find a link to conclusively state that it will be 5 rather than 4 years of control.