Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
right you know more than a local reporter that has almost 4K followers on Twitter. Honestly you are one of the worst posters I have ever come across in 10+ years of heavy sports message board reading.

At least you could acknowledge I was right, and what this guy wrote really made no sense from the get go.

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
people expectations need to be tempered because i see a LOT of people talking about how exciting next year or 2018 is going to be when in reality these kids aren't ready to play in the big leagues yet. come back to me when you see the roster this upcoming season and let me know how many games you plan on going to.

Honestly, i still dont care. I am all in on the youth movement and I am ready for a s***ty season because I have dealt with s***ty seasons for the past 8 years. Thanks for telling us all to tap the brakes though, we all appreciate it. None of us would have known that some prospects dont pan out if you didnt tell us

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
Honestly, i still dont care. I am all in on the youth movement and I am ready for a s***ty season because I have dealt with s***ty seasons for the past 8 years. Thanks for telling us all to tap the brakes though, we all appreciate it. None of us would have known that some prospects dont pan out if you didnt tell us

and thanks for being a condescending dick.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
I like Musgrove, they should put him in, too if no Bregman.

I also like Musgrove, but he has been injury prone

I don't think you are getting Martes/Tucker/Reed/Musgrove

If Houston offered that, Quintana would be in a 'stros jersey already

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 06:37 AM)
Out of the seven players we acquired, three of them will be ready at some point next year. Giolito & Lopez should be able to step into the rotation immediately, although it's very possible they aren't up until some point in May or whenever the date is to get that extra year of team control. Moncada needs more seasoning and will certainly not be up until that same date. I'm super excited to follow all three of these guys next year.

I find it fascinating that in year 1 of our rebuild, we'll already have three young, high ceiling starters in our rotation. That alone makes 60% of games watchable to me. A dynamic middle infield of Anderson & Moncada should keep the rest of the games at least somewhat interesting. I fully acknowledge that I'm a diehard fan who is excited to watch young players develop, while most casual fans only care about winning. But you know what, who the f*** cares? Attendance & TV ratings don't matter in a rebuild, all we should care about is developing a young core that can lead to sustainable success. And that's exactly what these first two moves are setting us up for.

Is that really what you want though in a rebuild? Why do you want 2 or 3 or 4 years of control lost on meaningless games? If anything, this should stop the Sox for even thinking of rushing a guy. Keep them down all year if necessary. No use starting their clocks to get clocked. It isn't like they are going to hit the mound and have a ton of help behind them and a bunch of runs scored for them.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
At least you could acknowledge I was right, and what this guy wrote really made no sense from the get go.

Agreed. White Sox paying Q to pitch somewhere is a ridiculous idea due to his contract being so team friendly. Its a big part of the reason why you would acquire him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
Cant help it, Im too worried about attendance next season so i get grouchy

did i SPECIFICALLY say YOU in any part of this. my comments were directed towards fans i've seen on twitter, instagram, facebook, and OTHER outlets NOT on ST who are expecting this team to be good next year with all these prospects. but you took that and ran with it. turned my comments into some personal attack directed at you when it wasn't.

kudos bruh.

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
people expectations need to be tempered because i see a LOT of people talking about how exciting next year or 2018 is going to be when in reality these kids aren't ready to play in the big leagues yet. come back to me when you see the roster this upcoming season and let me know how many games you plan on going to.

Who cares about next year. I hope we win only 60 games and get the first pick in the draft. That is unless Q and some of the rest our still on the roster and in that case i want those specific players to do good so we get more in return. I wouldn't burn anyone's service time anyway in case they turn out to be real good. Rodon and Anderson are the players i want to excell. If Leury Garcia get a game winning hit I'm not going to be excited if that makes sense.

QUOTE (SoxSteve @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
Who cares about next year. I hope we win only 60 games and get the first pick in the draft. That is unless Q and some of the rest our still on the roster and in that case i want those specific players to do good so we get more in return. I wouldn't burn anyone's service time anyway in case they turn out to be real good. Rodon and Anderson are the players i want to excell. If Leury Garcia get a game winning hit I'm not going to be excited if that makes sense.

i don't care about next season but there is a fan base out there that isn't educated about this rebuild and think that these prospects are going to help next season.

that's all i'm saying.

i'm not saying it's you or anyone specifically. i'm just reading a lot of ignorant comments from people on different outlets NOT in here.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
Anyone know what Rick Hanh is up to today? Is he on the phone making deal, or is he busy toying with the sacks he took from Rizzo yesterday?

I assume he's on a plane currently heading to wherever he resides. And then gets back to his phone.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
I assume he's on a plane currently heading to wherever he resides. And then gets back to his phone.

He's inserting his credit card into the seat back slot right now to release the "airplane phone" and make some calls.

He said he is a number on conversations with other teams but he does not expect a deal to be done between now and by the time he picks up his bag at the airport.

I think he is done at the Winter Meetings. He takes a steps back. The free agent market being really unsettled at the meetings is probably slowing down the trade market.

If I would suspect that Jansen and Turner need to sign before a true deal can be made. Clearly The Dodgers seem like the next logical trade destination. I do think Jansen signs back with the Dodgers. Marlins offer has been sitting there for awhile now. If he wanted to go there, he would have signed by now.

Even still, I think Robertson actually has a larger trade market than Frazier which to me is weird. You could legit have Red Sox, Dodgers, Mets and Rockies all of have interest in Robertson.