Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)
It's more or less that I have an easier time seeing them balking an including Mazara, whereas the Astros seem to think Q sucks.

Less that Q sucks imo than amazing confidence that Martes Musgrove and Tucker are all guaranteed all stars

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
Rank your trade partners:

Yankees

Pirates

Rockies

Rangers

Astros

I'd bump the Astros ahead of the Rangers, but that pretty much sums it up. Torres or Meadows would be huge gets.

Edited by Dam8610

Vicente: What kind of prospects Pirates have to offer to get Quintana?

Dave Cameron: Would imagine Chicago would want some kind of package built around two of Meadows, Bell, or Glasnow, with some other stuff involved.

I'm drooling if this were the case. Of the 3 there, which 2 would you choose? What other pieces would be included with those other 2?

For me, I'd easily go Meadows and Bell with Hayes and Escobar as the final pieces.

Although, I could see the Pirates be pushing Glasnow and Bell/Meadows plus others because Q would essentially replace him in the rotation.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
Assuming Q gets traded, we'll only have one guy guaranteed a spot in our rotation in Rodon. Right now, the only near major league ready guys are Giolito, Lopez, & Fulmer. Once June comes along and if these guys prove they are ready, we'll make room for them. The next wave of guys (Kopech, Adams, Stephens) will be starting the year in AA and probably be ready for a shot at the big leagues until mid 2018 best case scenario. Even if the four guys I previously mentioned all stay healthy and are showing signs of becoming productive major league starters, which is unlikely IMO, we'd still have room for one of these AA arms to crack the rotation. And in the unlikely event we're overloaded with pitching, we can move some of these guys for a bat. I get what you're saying Balta, but I don't think our pitching depth in the upper minors is as overloaded as you think.

I don't think it is overloaded yet...but I think it becomes overloaded if you add in one more MLB-ready guy right now.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
Vicente: What kind of prospects Pirates have to offer to get Quintana?

Dave Cameron: Would imagine Chicago would want some kind of package built around two of Meadows, Bell, or Glasnow, with some other stuff involved.

I'm drooling if this were the case. Of the 3 there, which 2 would you choose? What other pieces would be included with those other 2?

Meadows and Glasnow (can never have too many arms).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
Meadows and Bell for me. I like Glasnow, but cementing the lineup around the arms we're developing already is exciting to me.

Same. Glasnow could be special, but getting those bats and a nice cheap offense could do wonders for this team.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
This is coming to a head IMO. I honestly expect it to happen sooner than later.

Same here. It's very interesting that Pitt had an article about Q on their MLB site. Could be a slow leak while med reports are exchanged?

is it at all possible that a sub-par White Sox team affects Quintana's value if he goes into the season as the #1?

i mean what if the wheels come off because of a crappy team surrounding him and he has a bad year...?

Yes, but that's thinking wayyyy too much.

Either trade him now, in this perfect market for him, or let him do his thing per usual with the Sox. He'll be fine.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 02:26 PM)
I'm so on board with this.

Mets get - McCutchen, Robertson

Pirates get - Q, Dominic Smith, Nate Jones

Sox get - Conforto, Meadows, Bell, Newman, Dunn

That would be fair for everyone IMO.

I could see something more along the lines of:

Mets get - McCutchen, Jones

Pirates get - Q, Conforto

Sox get - Meadows, Bell, Newman, Gsellman, Dunn/Plawecki

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
is it at all possible that a sub-par White Sox team affects Quintana's value if he goes into the season as the #1?

i mean what if the wheels come off because of a crappy team surrounding him and he has a bad year...?

Then he'd likely have another 24 no decision season or something like it and still have a metric s*** ton of value. :lol:

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 02:31 PM)

FIP is a stat that takes team defense into account when evaluating a pitcher

Quintana's career FIP of 3.47 is excellent

He is certainly a top 20 mlb starting pitcher, no matter how you slice it

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 12:36 PM)
I could see something more along the lines of:

Mets get - McCutchen, Jones

Pirates get - Q, Conforto

Sox get - Meadows, Bell, Newman, Gsellman, Dunn/Plawecki

How are the Pirates trading McCutchen and Meadows?