Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
I want this trade just not sure you could get Robles. You CANNOT trade both of those guys to Washington and not get Turner.

Washington is not going to trade Turner for guys their fans have never even heard of - there would be a mutiny.

Trea Turner, in 73 games last year across 307 at bats, had a .937 OPS with 13 homers, 14 doubles, 8 triples, and 33 stolen bases. WHAT THE F*CK THEY ARE NOT GOING TO F*CKING TRADE THIS GUY.

Their fans would riot.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:31 PM)
I don't want Reed headlining a deal, but he's very interesting to me.

Martes, Tucker, Reed, Stubbs is what I had tweeted earlier.

Reed is interesting as a buy low guy, especially if Abreu is going to be moved. The Sox have the chance to be patient with him through a rebuild where the Astros don't since they are trying to win now. Reed was marginally better than Rizzo was during his MLB debut, though he is two years older.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
Washington is not going to trade Turner for guys their fans have never even heard of - there would be a mutiny.

Trea Turner, in 73 games last year across 307 at bats, had a .937 OPS with 13 homers, 14 doubles, 8 triples, and 33 stolen bases. WHAT THE F*CK THEY ARE NOT GOING TO F*CKING TRADE THIS GUY.

Their fans would riot.

Gotta agree here...a lot of fans forget--the teams in win now mode who are serious in adding players like Q or Eaton as the final pieces of a TOP contending team are not likely to deal a MLB piece that is a LARGE part of what makes them a top contending team. Turner is the Nationals' Kris Bryant--MVP caliber talent who could lead them to a title. Why would they trade for a couple of upgrades if it meant losing their difference maker? It's the same reason why the Red Sox didn't add Betts into the deal last summer for Sale. Notice the current MLB difference makers they traded to get Sale...None. The Nats would rather go after Cutch or buy Fowler than trade away Trea Turner to get Eaton added into a Quintana deal.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
When this trade goes down, how many butts do you think we'll be in the seats? Less than 8K?

I dont know but personally I am positive I will go to more games next year than I did this year.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
f*** it, I'll throw some s*** out there because I'm bored while waiting for the next trade to drop.

How about Q + Jones to Houston for Kyle Tucker, AJ Reed, Joe Musgrove and Francis Martes?

That is actually a fairly interesting trade proposal to think about

Martes + Tucker is a decent centerpiece to a Quintana deal.

I'm not sure Houston wants to part with Musgrove or Reed in that deal though

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
f*** it, I'll throw some s*** out there because I'm bored while waiting for the next trade to drop.

How about Q + Jones to Houston for Kyle Tucker, AJ Reed, Joe Musgrove and Francis Martes?

I like that package for just Q. Adding Jones should bring about 3 more names, at least 2 of which are high quality.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
I like that package for just Q. Adding Jones should bring about 3 more names, at least 2 of which are high quality.

Quintana alone is not getting the White Sox Martes, Tucker, Reed and Musgrove

If so I would accept that deal and move forward with the rebuild

QUOTE (FT35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
Gotta agree here...a lot of fans forget--the teams in win now mode who are serious in adding players like Q or Eaton as the final pieces of a TOP contending team are not likely to deal a MLB piece that is a LARGE part of what makes them a top contending team. Turner is the Nationals' Kris Bryant--MVP caliber talent who could lead them to a title. Why would they trade for a couple of upgrades if it meant losing their difference maker? It's the same reason why the Red Sox didn't add Betts into the deal last summer for Sale. Notice the current MLB difference makers they traded to get Sale...None. The Nats would rather go after Cutch or buy Fowler than trade away Trea Turner to get Eaton added into a Quintana deal.

The thing about Turner is he is going to regress to the mean. He isn't a .342 hitter. He isn't a 25 home run guy. He's still valuable player, but ..

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:31 PM)
The thing about Turner is he is going to regress to the mean. He isn't a .342 hitter. He isn't a 25 home run guy. He's still valuable player, but ..

Thank you. People are overreacting to short MLB stints from guys like Turner, and, on the other end of the spectrum, Moncada.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
That is actually a fairly interesting trade proposal to think about

Martes + Tucker is a decent centerpiece to a Quintana deal.

I'm not sure Houston wants to part with Musgrove or Reed in that deal though

The proposal does seem to favor the Sox a bit, but not by too much.

I prefer Reed and Musgrove. The Sox have a hole in the rotation for Musgrove who is a ground ball pitcher and Reed's left handed power potential would look nice in the middle of the order on a rebuilding team.

For Q alone I think I would be happy with a haul of Reed+Musgrove and one of Martes/Tucker. Imho, that's pretty close to being a fair trade.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
I dont know but personally I am positive I will go to more games next year than I did this year.

Why? There will be nothing worth seeing next year. The exciting prospects will be in places like Charlotte and Birmingham, not Chicago.

Q is the only other player I can realistically see moving at these meetings. Market hasn't moved enough on closers (Chapman / Jensen still available) or 3B (Turner) for me to see the Sox having enough leverage / other teams to have the urgency to maximize our value (yet). Will be interesting to see what happens with Q.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)
So who's it going to be that coughs up the next haul for Q? Astros, Yanks, Rockies?

It has to be the Astros right? I mean, they've got a playoff team right now, but right now I'm looking forward to the Boston/Cleveland ALCS slugfest followed by the matchup of the winner with the Cubs. The Astros have a playoff team on paper, but those other teams are loaded.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
Q is the only other player I can realistically see moving at these meetings. Market hasn't moved enough on closers (Chapman / Jensen still available) or 3B (Turner) for me to see the Sox having enough leverage / other teams to have the urgency to maximize our value (yet). Will be interesting to see what happens with Q.

Yeah, I'm not sure there is enough time left to work something out unless they have something in motion already. Would probably have to be with the Yankees, Braves, or Astros since those are the teams that Hahn has reportedly engaged, and they probably have a good idea of the prospects that the Sox like. The Rockies could be a dark horse for a big deal, but that would mean they would have to likely swing a three team trade moving one of their OF's for more prospects for the Sox.