Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:57 PM)
Have to figure Tucker and Reed are involved. This will have to be a depth package.

Why depth? The Sox have depth in the low to mid minors but not much to speak of that is somewhat close to MLB ready.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
Sean Sears: WhiteSox does not want Springer, it will have to include either Astros Martes, Tucker, or Cameron or potentially a combination of 3.

Take it FWIW from Sports Mockery dude.

Thank you for stating the obvious that we no longer want Springer, Sears. :lol:

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
Sean Sears: WhiteSox does not want Springer, it will have to include either Astros Martes, Tucker, or Cameron or potentially a combination of 3.

Take it FWIW from Sports Mockery dude.

ExcitableLeanIndianjackal.gif

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)
Why depth? The Sox have depth in the low to mid minors but not much to speak of that is somewhat close to MLB ready.

I just don't think they have the caliber of the top level guys that the Red Sox and Nationals did.

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
I just don't think they have the caliber of the top level guys that the Red Sox and Nationals did.

Quintana has huge trade value on the open market

If bregman is off the table I want martes, reed, tucket plus another piece or two

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
I'll do a frappin' backflip if they get Bregman. It's a dream however, because they wouldn't give him up for Sale.

I prefer the Dodgers / Rangers in a Q trade, cause they tend to have more quality talent vs. Astros. Will be interesting to see what happens.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:13 PM)
I'll do a frappin' backflip if they get Bregman. It's a dream however, because they wouldn't give him up for Sale.

On the other hand, seeing Sale stay in the AL may drive them to make a move they wouldn't have earlier this week if they are serious about competing. With the two trades Hahn has pulled off, he's set the market and I think Houston has to understand it's going to cost bigly to get such talent on a super-friendly contract.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:19 PM)
Or else they really have doomed themselves to another decade of failure.

No team has gone into a decade of failure due to not getting one player. Not in baseball. There will be hundreds of opportunities for improvement.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:16 PM)
Still hoping the Rockies get involved...

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 38s38 seconds ago

Sources: The Rockies remain in on Mark Trumbo, as @Ken_Rosenthal said. They'd like to get a front-of-rotation-type pitcher, too, thru trade.

Dahl and Rodgers......

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:19 PM)
Or else they really have doomed themselves to another decade of failure.

So what if they trade Q for a package similar to the Sale package (maybe a couple more hitters since no one else has a Moncada) that has pitching as part of the value in the deal as well, then they draft well the next 2 years, then, just as this crop of players is coming up, they sign Harper and Machado? Still screwed?