Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
So what if they trade Q for a package similar to the Sale package (maybe a couple more hitters since no one else has a Moncada) that has pitching as part of the value in the deal as well, then they draft well the next 2 years, then, just as this crop of players is coming up, they sign Harper and Machado? Still screwed?

Just stop.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
Or else they really have doomed themselves to another decade of failure.

Typically, half of a roster is pitchers....12-13 players. You can never have enough good pitching for depth both on the ML and ml rosters. You keep saying we're repeating what got us here but we have awful depth at pitching. I know you're a huge fan so I know you saw how bad our pen has been the last few seasons. I know you saw that we had to pick up two washed up vets last season to fill out the rotation. This team, outside of 3 guys (if you include Rodon), has not been a system stacked with high-floor/high-ceiling pitching prospects.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
I'm sorry to do this but what are rumors around Quintana? Anything meaningful?

Phil Rogers on MLBN said that the Sox and Astros are far along on a deal and it could come together quickly.

They did talk about Sale so I'm sure the Sox are very familiar with their prospects i.e. Eaton Nats trade after talking Sale heavily