Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

Reed is falling in value; I know a lot of people here like him,but his 1/4 season really wasn't good.

I might go for more volume here, assuming no Bregman. Astros have a lot of really good, but not elite, prospects, particularly position players.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)
Reed is falling in value; I know a lot of people here like him,but his cup of coffee really wasn't good.

I might go for more volume here, assuming no Bregman. Astros have a lot of really good, but not elite, prospects, particularly position players.

You must hate Giolito and Moncada then.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:16 PM)
No clue who this person is but: https://twitter.com/ShutdownInning/status/806676420177051651

"Hearing Quintana to the Astros is "all but done." Working out a couple of kinks in the last hour. No word on pkg to CWS. #Astros #WhiteSox"

He is also tweeting the White Sox are eating salary. He is full of s***.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
You said Rodgers + 2 or 3. We're in disagreement by one body.

Okay, + 2 or 3 lesser ceiling or lesser performance guys. No chance you get 4 or 5 players of Rodgers caliber or ceiling for Q.

Reed is falling in value; I know a lot of people here like him,but his 1/4 season really wasn't good.

Yeah, Reed is tough to measure. Was reading an astros prospect list that already dropped him to five. This is the same group that saw Singleton fall.

That said, Sox do not have a 1b prospect worth a damn.

Would love astros, would love Albies/Meitan deal from braves.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)
He is also tweeting the White Sox are eating salary. He is full of s***.

right you know more than a local reporter that has almost 4K followers on Twitter. Honestly you are one of the worst posters I have ever come across in 10+ years of heavy sports message board reading.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Q and Abreu sent together if thats what it takes to pry Bregman+++

Anderson / Moncada#

Bregman / Fisher*

Collins*

A man can dream.

Same argument's been made regarding Giolito. I don't buy small samples, TBH. Reed was a top 20 prospect heading into 2016, with almost never before seen production in the Minors.

Edited by Ro Da Don

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
This is a perfect call for the type of players I would want to see us targeting. He was described as a generational talent, yet because of his age, he is WAY down the lists and rankings. But a guy like that should be a huge target.

So you're criticizing the org for taking top notch value because it's not who you want, but who you want are 17 year olds that have every possible chance along the way to bust but have high ceilings because you don't trust the org to develop position players. Can you please make sense of your position? I can't.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
So you're criticizing the org for taking top notch value because it's not who you want, but who you want are 17 year olds that have every possible chance along the way to bust but have high ceilings because you don't trust the org to develop position players. Can you please make sense of your position? I can't.

We.Need.Postitional.Talent.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
Same argument's been made regarding Giolito. I don't buy small samples, TBH. Reed was a top 20 prospect heading into 2016, with almost never before seen production in the Minors.

Yeah, he had 45 games though and it was awful. No bright stretches at all.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
right you know more than a local reporter that has almost 4K followers on Twitter. Honestly you are one of the worst posters I have ever come across in 10+ years of heavy sports message board reading.

Yeah the hold up is how much of Q s comtract the Sox are eating. LMAO if you buy that.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Sox pick up part of that salary if it increased the return in the trade. Eating half of the money owed would be less than $20MM in the next 4 years.

Quintana is cheap, we won't be picking up a dime of his deal.

Reed scares me as he was awful in 48 games, hardly a small sample size. He was especially bad against lefties. The Astros might want to trade him now because another performance like that will sink his value again

Mike Trout was s*** in his first cup of coffee.