2017 Cubs Catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:04 AM)
I don't think the play was dirty, but that should be an automatic out.

It was definitely both dirty and shoulda been an automatic out. Maddon defending it the way he did was possibly worse.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:30 AM)
As a person or ball player? Dude's been through a lot beating cancer and I know he does a lot off the field.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Rizzo is one of the best people in the game right now.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:21 AM)
It was definitely both dirty and shoulda been an automatic out. Maddon defending it the way he did was possibly worse.

lol. okay. It's a violation of the rule but it's not particularly dirty. He started sliding and bailed

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:04 AM)
I don't think the play was dirty, but that should be an automatic out.

It was a cheap shot because the catcher was not blocking the plate. rizzo had to go to the side of the plate to make contact. If he goes straight to the plate there is no contact.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:33 AM)
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Rizzo is one of the best people in the game right now.

lol. okay. It's a violation of the rule but it's not particularly dirty. He started sliding and bailed

Watch the replay. The catcher isn't in front of the plate.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:33 AM)

In what way was that not dirty? Halfway down the line he was running in foul territory and when he collided with Hedges he was on the other side of the foul line. He clearly went out of his way to bowl Hedges over even though there was a clear path to the plate. I also didn't like how he acted like he did nothing wrong afterwards. I definitely lost respect for the guy.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 05:30 AM)
As a person or ball player? Dude's been through a lot beating cancer and I know he does a lot off the field.

Obviously I don't know him as a person.

I mean as a player. He grates on me.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 05:33 AM)

I'm so glad you found your way to our lovely forum.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 06:46 PM)
I'm so glad you found your way to our lovely forum.

Your unhealthy dislike for a cancer survivor and strong advocate for pediatric oncology studies is your problem. My presence here has nothing to do with it.

The whole situation was well handled by everyone.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 06:38 PM)
Your unhealthy dislike for a cancer survivor and strong advocate for pediatric oncology studies is your problem. My presence here has nothing to do with it.

It has nothing to do with his surviving cancer. I find him annoying as a baseball player.

That is all.

Spare us all your lectures about how we should view the world and its people.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:46 PM)
It has nothing to do with his surviving cancer. I find him annoying as a baseball player.

That is all.

Spare us all your lectures about how we should view the world and its people.

I'm done here. That's not what you said, and I will continue to point out your bs when warranted.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 08:49 PM)
I have an unhealthy dislike for Rizzo.

That was what I said.

I meant it as a baseball player, not as a human being.

I felt that was assumed, since the odds of me being close, personal friends with Rizzo is probably pretty slim.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:38 PM)

No it wasn't. He clearly broke a rule with a cheap shot and everyone decided it was just fine. Why put a rule in place to protect the catcher and decide not to enforce it.