Luis Robert signing official

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
It is not "if". It is how many.

Yes. Name cereals....Caulfield: Captain Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, Rice Krispies, Fruity Pepples, pepples reminds me of the Flintstones, which brings me to the question do you know the difference between people in Dubai and people in Abu Dhabi? People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones. People in Abu Dhabi do.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 25, 2017 -> 01:14 PM)
Yes. Name cereals....Caulfield: Captain Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, Rice Krispies, Fruity Pepples, pepples reminds me of the Flintstones, which brings me to the question do you know the difference between people in Dubai and people in Abu Dhabi? People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones. People in Abu Dhabi do.

Well done. I laughed.

Actually, one of my best friends in grad school who's now the scouting director for the Atl Hawks played that game incessantly.

Not scategories, but taking any athlete's first or last name and then you had to name another one with the same first or last name....on and on when on road trips until someone gave up and couldn't come up with a corresponding match in a reasonable amount of time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2017 -> 11:34 PM)
Actually, one of my best friends in grad school who's now the scouting director for the Atl Hawks played that game incessantly.

Not scategories, but taking any athlete's first or last name and then you had to name another one with the same first or last name....on and on when on road trips until someone gave up and couldn't come up with a corresponding match in a reasonable amount of time.

Nothing beat Junior Felix and Felix Jose

Lmfao

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 25, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)

I think you mean people in Abu Dhabi yabba dabba do !

DA, this might be one of the best posts in ST history. Well done.

QUOTE (heirdog @ May 25, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
The brilliance of Dick Allen's post is the final line "Abu Dhabi do" which does not require the yabba dabba.

If that's how he meant it or was it just coincidence ? He probably meant it that way. The similarity of Abu Dhabi do to yabba dabba

do might be lost of some people. like me :P and I watched a lot of Flintstones but the younger crowd might miss that.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

The difference is that I've learned since chisox.com/WSI to have a thicker skin and not to get a persecution/martyr complex, lol.

Everyone has their quirks, it's "just" a message board, and not life or death...it doesn't (or shouldn't) affect our sense of self-worth or families or anything really meaningful, since it's all in good fun and SHOULD be for entertainment purposes only.

For example, this year I've learned:

1) Dick Allen really isn't as bad as I thought

2) I never should have listened to Northside about Kevan Smith

3) This board is a lot more conservative/moderate than most like Rabbit tend to believe

4) As well as Rabbit writes about baseball, he's equally infuriating talking about anything non-baseball related

5) Fathom will never change, nor will Greg (both in mostly good ways!!)

6) Southsider2K5 and Witesoxfan and Heads22 remain the 3 mods "everyone would most like to have a beer with"

7) KYyle having an upper and lower case Y in his name is still annoying to the English/grammar side...but he knows more than everyone I grew up with combined about Marvel Comics

8) ElRockin is the best baseball fan in White Sox history

9) The rebuild has really lightened the mood around here and it's easier for people to get along in terms of baseball discussions, but definitely not politics...cool to see some old posters come back, too...wish Scenario hadn't disappeared, and Cubano so we could discuss Moncada/Robert/Victor Mesa Jr.

10) Balta is doing the sane thing by not overreacting to every political development like some of us since NOV 8

11) J4L is still shook up that Schwarber's legend is on the wane, but now he can annoy us with LeBron GOAT talk again (Warriors in 6, book it baby!)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2017 -> 09:09 PM)
The difference is that I've learned since chisox.com/WSI to have a thicker skin and not to get a persecution/martyr complex, lol.

Everyone has their quirks, it's "just" a message board, and not life or death...it doesn't (or shouldn't) affect our sense of self-worth or families or anything really meaningful, since it's all in good fun and SHOULD be for entertainment purposes only.

3) This board is a lot more conservative/moderate than most like Rabbit tend to believe

4) As well as Rabbit writes about baseball, he's equally infuriating talking about anything non-baseball related

6) Southsider2K5 and Witesoxfan and Heads22 remain the 3 mods "everyone would most like to have a beer with"

7) KYyle having an upper and lower case Y in his name is still annoying to the English/grammar side...but he knows more than everyone I grew up with combined about Marvel Comics

9) The rebuild has really lightened the mood around here and it's easier for people to get along in terms of baseball discussions, but definitely not politics...cool to see some old posters come back, too...wish Scenario hadn't disappeared, and Cubano so we could discuss Moncada/Robert/Victor Mesa Jr.

10) Balta is doing the sane thing by not overreacting to every political development like some of us since NOV 8

11) J4L is still shook up that Schwarber's legend is on the wane, but now he can annoy us with LeBron GOAT talk again (Warriors in 6, book it baby!)

Shipps did that to my name, it used to look normal. I just left it lol

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2017 -> 08:09 PM)

Bless you for having a sense of humor about this. Some much needed levity on this board.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2017 -> 09:09 PM)

Good to take in stride. But I have no idea what you mean about Kevan Smith - what did I say?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 26, 2017 -> 11:57 AM)
Good to take in stride. But I have no idea what you mean about Kevan Smith - what did I say?

Just seems you were the last one left defending him as a prospect still.

Not like a wholehearted endorsement, but maybe a bit too optimistic in retrospect. I guess it's natural when so many like Hawkins, Barnum and Trey were pushed into prospect status due to lack of credible depth in the system. Someone had to comprise those Top Ten lists over the past five years.

Not that Smith made it more than once....maybe he was #9-15 at one point about 3 years ago?

Edited by caulfield12