Do the White Sox now have the best farm system in MLB?

southsider2k5

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:28 AM)
Robertson is still going to Nats imo, just too much smoke there and Nats learned the hard way that they need him and couple other arms.

Agree. Especially now with the Cubs getting significantly stronger today. This should kick the tires on corresponding moves from Washington and Milwaukee.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:23 PM)
KLaw said in chat it's likely Braves 1, Sox 2

I would rank the Braves #1, White Sox #2 right now, Astros/Yankees #3/4

Braves system is just so deep, which is what sets it apart. Their #1 through #20 are very legit, although our system is making huge strides.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)
All I know is I feel a heck of a lot better about our prospects in the 10-20 range than I did a few months ago. I think we have decent depth now.

I am going to go out on a limb and say the 10-20 guys are probably better than our 1-10 was as of a few years ago.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:40 PM)
Rankings also do not include Burger, Sheets, and Skoug, who are three players I'm really intrigued by these days.

Also does not include Burdi, who has sort of become forgotten even though he was the first player from the entire 2016 draft to make it to AAA.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)

I agree to an extent that the system has gotten much better, but...

Acuna, Albies, Maitan, Demeritte, Riley, Pache, Waters, Jackson, Ruiz

Allard, Soroka, Fried, Wright, Newcomb, Anderson Gohara, Wentz, Muller, Minter, Morris, Wilson, Toussaint, Weigel, Sims

^^^^All of those players could end up being potential major league players...that is frightening

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
I would rank the Braves #1, White Sox #2 right now, Astros/Yankees #3/4

Braves system is just so deep, which is what sets it apart. Their #1 through #20 are very legit, although our system is making huge strides.

Curious as to why you rank the Astros so high, they seem to fall off pretty sharply after their top 7-8 or so.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:25 PM)
Curious as to why you rank the Astros so high, they seem to fall off pretty sharply after their top 7-8 or so.

Tucker

Martes

Whitley

Perez

Fisher

Alvarez

Bukauskas

Paulino

Stubbs

Hernandez

Davis

Moran

Rodriguez

Nova

Valdez

That is not a shabby system^^^

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:58 PM)
I'll go with no. I'm suspect of the coaching and development in the farm system. To my knowledge this is still the stagnant part of the organization.

The farm development staff is so new you have no leg to stand on with this argument.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 02:00 PM)
Where he say this

It was in an article on the front page of MLB.com. Wording was a little vague (he said they should fill in the bottom two thirds of the list), but yeah, what else could that mean. I'd find it surprising though, at this moment at least.

More amusing is that the first comment, apparently a Sox fan, thought Eloy was a bad get because of his K rate, and that the Sox should have targeted Zack Granite, or Brinson, or Happ instead.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 05:46 PM)
It was in an article on the front page of MLB.com. Wording was a little vague (he said they should fill in the bottom two thirds of the list), but yeah, what else could that mean. I'd find it surprising though, at this moment at least.

More amusing is that the first comment, apparently a Sox fan, thought Eloy was a bad get because of his K rate, and that the Sox should have targeted Zack Granite, or Brinson, or Happ instead.

This one?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/241991408/ma...picid=151437456

I took it to read that those three will fill in the bottom 2/3's of the White Sox top 30

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
This one?

I took it to read that those three will fill in the bottom 2/3's of the White Sox top 30

You're right. I ignored your reading because I stupidly read bottom two thirds as 21-30, which was too low. So my bad, and they probably won't be Top 100 MLB.

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:52 PM)
This one?

I read it as filling prospects #11 - 30 within the organization

No chance Skoug reaches top 100 anytime too soon, but Burger/Sheets hypothetically could if they mash the rest of the season.

Its close between the Braves and the Sox. Mayo in his article today said "it's hard to imagine the White Sox not ascending to the top spot of that list." and Passan feels they're #1 as well. Burger/Sheets/Skoug/Gonzalez don't trend till after 11/12 in our system so I doubt they show up on the top 100 yet. As of today I would say yes we have the #1 system by virtue of having the #1 prospect in addition to the depth Hahn and Hostetler have cultivated over the last two drafts.

If you go by BA's mid season ranking the braves have 9 sox have 7, but that's with Collins & Fulmer dropping off and Hansen and Dunning not getting any love when each has been among the best pitchers out of the '16 class.

Looking forward to what pipeline pushes forward with.