NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers

LittleHurt05

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My prediction still could come true but down 3-0 you have to wonder how the brilliant Cub brass, the miracle workers who know the game better than anybody else, would allow this meltdown to happen. Cubs had a chance to win two WS in a row. Will they wake up before it's too late?

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 11:56 PM)
Pick the dodgers to win the series? Probably. I'm still trying to solve the ALCS puzzle. That's been sorta of kicking my ass.

Yeah man, the ALCS was way too unpredictable with the way the Yanks had been playing. I wouldn't have bet on that series. It kinda feels like the Yanks have the magic the cubs had last year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 12:01 AM)
My prediction still could come true but down 3-0 you have to wonder how the brilliant Cub brass, the miracle workers who know the game better than anybody else, would allow this meltdown to happen. Cubs had a chance to win two WS in a row. Will they wake up before it's too late?

Want to put money on it?

i will say this the cubs need to fix there bulpen next year and need to try to get rid of kyle and jason and get batter hiting you can run the same hitting and expect to win espially when teams have figured you team hitting out

Edited by gosoxtim8

What a different vibe this year. I live near Wrigley and the buzz of last year has been gone for months -- it's been so much more subdued than last year, even when things were going well for the Cubs. Even these threads, full of Cubs haters, seem dead with the Cubs on the brink of elimination. I obviously knew the first WS win in 108 years would be a once-in-a-lifetime level of hype, but I didn't expect this much of a drop-off. It's like a fever broke for everyone when they won it.

There was a school of thought last year that Sox fans should want the Cubs to finally win it already to kill the hype machine, and become "just another team." I despised that logic at the time. But maybe there was some truth to it, because this year has been so much more bearable.

QUOTE (gosoxtim8 @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 08:05 AM)
i will say this the cubs need to fix there bulpen next year and need to try to get rid of kyle and jason and get batter hiting you can run the same hitting and expect to win espially when teams have figured you team hitting out

I’m not even a teacher and I want to bust out a red pen right now good lord

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 08:31 AM)
What a different vibe this year. I live near Wrigley and the buzz of last year has been gone for months -- it's been so much more subdued than last year, even when things were going well for the Cubs. Even these threads, full of Cubs haters, seem dead with the Cubs on the brink of elimination. I obviously knew the first WS win in 108 years would be a once-in-a-lifetime level of hype, but I didn't expect this much of a drop-off. It's like a fever broke for everyone when they won it.

There was a school of thought last year that Sox fans should want the Cubs to finally win it already to kill the hype machine, and become "just another team." I despised that logic at the time. But maybe there was some truth to it, because this year has been so much more bearable.

I 100% agree. It really has been nothing compared to last year.

2 games ago, Cubs fans on TV were saying all they have to do is win game 2 in LA and they can clinch in Chicago.

I hope they get swept so much. I do know that Maddon will be considered a genius if somehow they come back. Although they made it an additional round, they do remind me of the 2005 Red Sox. If you comeback from a 3-0 or 3-1 deficit in a series, even media keeps mentioning it if they are down like that again almost saying they have them just where they want them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)
I’m not even a teacher and I want to bust out a red pen right now good lord

To be fair, that post is actually a noticeable improvement from their previous posts. I needed a board member to interpret one of their posts for me last week. No joke.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
To be fair, that post is actually a noticeable improvement from their previous posts. I needed a board member to interpret one of their posts for me last week. No joke.

I keep thinking about the Cubs coming back 3-1 over Cleveland. Horseshoe please fall completely out. haha

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 10:08 AM)
Alex Wood needs to bring it tonight, 6 shutout innings, Arrieta gets battered around for 3 innings and gets pulled in his last start as a Cub. Dodgers sweep the Scrubbies and celebrate in Wrigley Field.

I do wonder how long Arrieta will last tonight in that cool night air with the way he throws across his body.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-br...en-a-long-year/

Yep, the cubs are pooped! :wub: I think den mother Maddon forgot to put the cubbies down for their nappies.

This was only a matter of time. Excuse train rolling in before the series is even over... #That'sCub I guess.