NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers

LittleHurt05

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 09:46 AM)
Will be interesting to see who Seagar replaces.

I think its an easy call: Granderson, Utley or Farmer. Any of those 3 is a good call.

Edit: I wonder if they will use Seager to DH during the AL-hosted games. Then you can have Culberson at SS against lefties.

Edited by soxfan2014

They need to replace at least 2 SP this offseason, and the FA starting pitcher options all look pretty risky. Plus with all the young guys hitting arbitration soon spending a lot on a long term deal for a top FA pitcher would mean drastically increasing the payroll in a few years. Heyward not being good enough to opt out is going to hurt too. I wonder if they trade one of Baez/Russell/Happ/Schwarber for a pitcher.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
It's not like Theo is working on some razor thin budget, he's thrown some money around too.

I'd probably take Theo #1 too, but I'm just impressed with the full roster the Dodgers built. For all the money on their books, their lineup last night was full of guys who don't make much money at all.

Theo was certainly ahead of the curve in many ways but many other front offices have caught up. Plus Theo was able to exploit loopholes in the system prior to the latest CBA like no one else (international signings, MLB draft). He doesn't have those advantages any more.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
I’d see who has more value on the market between Russell/Happ/Schwarber, and see who is the best starter I could get.

Trade Russell, put Happ at 2B, Baez at SS, Almora in CF.

and Lester is getting older every year,wouldn't be surprised he has another mediocre year as he has alot of miles on that arm. I could see the cubs struggle to win the division with the talent coming up for the Cards and Brewers unless they trade for pitching from the bench depth which then hurts them as well.

I can't believe half of these fans are in the "well at least we made it this far!" camp

To me, the shine really came off this team. Schwarber, bust. Russell, average. Baez, average bat ++ defense. Lester, the end is nigh. Hendricks, took 4 months to get his velocity back. Playing Happ in CF is a joke. And Bryant didn't play well at all.

Edited by Nokona

QUOTE (Nokona @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
I can't believe half of these fans are in the "well at least we made it this far!" camp

To me, the shine really came off this team. Schwarber, bust. Russell, average. Baez, average bat ++ defense. Lester, the end is nigh. Hendricks, took 4 months to get his velocity back. Playing Happ in CF is a joke. And Bryant didn't play well at all.

Yes, it would be really nice for them if they had Gleyber Torres and Eloy coming up through their system to fill some of these holes.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)

I can. It's been awhile since any Chicago baseball team had back to back post seasons. It appears it's much more difficult to repeat as World Series champs.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 09:05 AM)
Cubs fans were very salty on the score this morning. Between the texts and the calls, they either want the team blown up or trade away players. Bryant is a bum and so and so needs to go now. They even were bashing the front office.

That's hilarious man. Thanks for posting their thoughts. :lol:

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
Yes, it would be really nice for them if they had Gleyber Torres and Eloy coming up through their system to fill some of these holes.

To be fair, if they have Torres they likely don't have a ring.

Rizzo had a very good year. Is there a player more consistent? He hit 32 homers, 109 RBI this year; 32 hrs, 109 RBI also in 2016; 31 homers, 101 RBI in 2015 and 32 homers, 78 RBI in 2014. No way the Cubs will go for Hosmer if they have Rizzo. Wonder who wants Hosmer desperately?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)
Rizzo had a very good year. Is there a player more consistent? He hit 32 homers, 109 RBI this year; 32 hrs, 109 RBI also in 2016; 31 homers, 101 RBI in 2015 and 32 homers, 78 RBI in 2014. No way the Cubs will go for Hosmer if they have Rizzo. Wonder who wants Hosmer desperately?

What?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)

This is the second time you've brought Hosmer into a discussion that has nothing to do with it. Stop, you're loyalty to the royal blue is showing.

Before you can ask, this was your first time. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104044

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Nokona @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 06:12 PM)

Bryant was great in regular season. I have a feeling Russell gets traded before Baez.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
This is the second time you've brought Homer into a discussion that has nothing to do with it. Stop, you're loyalty to the royal blue is showing.

Before you can ask, this was your first time. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104044

Lol I noticed that as well and joke about it often. About how he somehow manages to bring the Royals into a lot of discussion that have nothing to do with them.

No chance the Yanks would have interest in Schwarber. They have Bird as their future 1B and a healthy Clint Frazier will take over LF and move Gardner to DH. Betances has three arbitration years left so I doubt the Yanks have given up on him yet. As dominant as the Yanks pen is, imagine if they get Betances back on track?

Schwarber is literally the new and not improved Pedro Alvarez. More and more teams are shying away from those types.