Contract Tender Deadline is Friday

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox only have seven guys on the 40 man roster that could be considered bullpen options (assuming Fulmer starts the year in the rotation in place of Rodon) and Fry & Covey probably need more seasoning. So I think it’s safe to assume we add at least three more reliever candidates plus a veteran 5th starter. That alone could bring the roster up to 40.

Having said that, at a minimum I’d rather have protected Guerrero over May. He’s so far down the depth chart that I don’t see what purpose he serves and I can’t see him having trade value.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 05:32 PM)
About 90 minutes to go.

Cubs cutting ties with Hector Rondon.

Oh the volatility of bullpen arms. About 15 months ago, he was lights out. Then suddenly he couldn't be trusted in five straight playoff series and now non tendered.

If we did happen to trade Abreu, MAtt Adams would be the perfect signing.. Been a very good bat but has seemed to be bitten in the butt by bad situations.. Not much playing time in STL because they had Carpenter at 1B and not much in Atlanta because of Freeman.. He could be a big bat for an AL team that needs someone.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 09:58 PM)
We should go after Rondon. Live arm, big(ish) name. Definitely a turnaround candidate that could fetch something

Totally agree.

I wouldn't mind them taking a look at Fiers either. He had a pretty awful year last year, but maybe Coop could get him back to his 2015 form.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 10:58 PM)
We should go after Rondon. Live arm, big(ish) name. Definitely a turnaround candidate that could fetch something

Agreed. I’m sure the opportunity to close again would be appealing, as would (presumably) not having to change cities. Also closed under Renteria in 2014. I can see this happening.