Ricky’s boys don’t quit!

ttommarello823

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Good logic.

Will the White Sox be bold and step up to correctly identify the next Joe Maddon when the time is right, instead of being loyal to Renteria?

Because they haven’t (yet) paid a Top 3-5 manager salary under Reinsdorf...

Bad logic:

Someone that is highly paid is more competent or skilled than someone that is not as highly paid.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

It does kind of get old when we're supposed to believe that Hahn is actually smarter than Epstein about staff/personnel decisions.  What exactly would our belief be based upon there?

How about the Quintana trade?  Obviously a lot can still happen, but it looks like Rick got the better of Theo there.  

11 minutes ago, jimmyneilb said:

How about the Quintana trade?  Obviously a lot can still happen, but it looks like Rick got the better of Theo there.  

Looks really good right now, and hopefully it even looks better a couple of years from now.  Still don't want to count the chickens before the hatch, but Eloy seems as can't miss as can be. Cease looks great, we will see if his body holds up. That is probably the biggest question with him.

Edited by Dick Allen

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I looked at Quintana's stats since he left the Sox and it really seems like he's a 2-3 WAR starter now and now at 4-6 WAR guy.  His K rate is down, hard hit rate is up, and walk rate is up.  He's just not the same guy.  Hahn absolutely aced that trade.

That seemed to be his trajectory with the Sox at the beginning of the year last year. Not really all that surprised that he is getting hit so hard.

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Looks really good right now, and hopefully it even looks better a couple of years from now.  Still don't want to count the chickens before the hatch, but Eloy seems as can't miss as can be. Cease looks great, we will see if his body holds up. That is probably the biggest question with him.

Eloy has knee issues and a concrete glove. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scoots said:

That seemed to be his trajectory with the Sox at the beginning of the year last year. Not really all that surprised that he is getting hit so hard.

Traded him a year early luckily than a year late, which was Kenny's problem later on.

47 minutes ago, pcq said:

Eloy has knee issues and a concrete glove. 

If the knee thing is true, it would be BEST to get it scoped or operated on NOW before he starts to age. Seriously. Assess the knee and if he needs to be Embiid-ed, go for it. Eloy is a big man. A huge prospect. If he has "knee issues" Sox better act now or soon.

I had a problem with Renteria sticking with Avi in the 2 hole. He was sucking there and for an important piece like Avi it is essential he show last year wasn't a fluke. Renteria just refused to move him from that spot until he was injured when Sanchez seemed the an obvious choice to bat 2nd.

• Like 1

I think Ricky is keeping the seat warm for Vizquel. Might not be next year...but I'd be surprised if Ricky isn't bumped upstairs in some capacity and Vizquel is handed the keys to the car.  Ricky is  a great baseball guy...and great guy in general.  I just don't see him taking a team over the hump....

51 minutes ago, Wanne said:

I think Ricky is keeping the seat warm for Vizquel. Might not be next year...but I'd be surprised if Ricky isn't bumped upstairs in some capacity and Vizquel is handed the keys to the car.  Ricky is  a great baseball guy...and great guy in general.  I just don't see him taking a team over the hump....

What is it about Omar's managing that sets him apart? Can it be the fact he can win games with a relatively stacked roster?

I think in the grand scheme of things White Sox style, Joe McEwing is way ahead of Omar as the next White Sox manager, but they will stick with Ricky until they can't. 

Edited by Dick Allen