5/11 - White Sox vs Cubs

Just now, Tony said:

So if the Sox cut Avi Garcia tomorrow, you’d be OK with it?

Yes, no problem with it, since they are rebuilding, Maybe it would give Palka more opportunities. He's probably not much better but until he gets a lot of chances you never know for sure. Avi has had plenty of chances since he was acquired.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Well we knew Rodon was going to be out a while. Moncada has missed about 5 games, most have anticipated Avi to regress at least a little. Expecting a team to go through a season totally healthy isn’t realistic. 9-26 is a bit short of even what you were anticipating when you said 69-93. 

60-67 the rest of the way seems a bit far fetched.

It will come in stretches.  This team will get hot soon enough and the people will start talking playoffs and being upset about the draft pick again. 

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I criticize Shields and that trade too, but at least Shields is a competitor

I'll buy that, El Rockin. And he had a beautiful game last game, but I do despise him overall as a player.

52 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It will come in stretches.  This team will get hot soon enough and the people will start talking playoffs and being upset about the draft pick again. 

I don't think so. As stated many times, the pitching will guarantee 7 to 8 losses every 10 games no matter how well the bats start doing. Close games? Got no setup and no closer. And many non-close games cause of hacks who are starting. It is what it is: a 48 to 51-win team.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Yes, no problem with it, since they are rebuilding, Maybe it would give Palka more opportunities. He's probably not much better but until he gets a lot of chances you never know for sure. Avi has had plenty of chances since he was acquired.

Lip Man, you are the man, but cutting Avi is a bit cruel. He put up some good numbers last year despite the BABIP frenzy on this board (not you). Lip Man you can't be serious bout Avi. Although if he continues to suck I will be disappointed. Yet if he hits .225 this year with 19 homers, he's definitely become Viciedo.

3 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Well there is always tomorrow 

The sox have the cubs right where they want them. The cubs always have difficulty scoring runs for a few games after a game where they score more than 10 runs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I don't think so. As stated many times, the pitching will guarantee 7 to 8 losses every 10 games no matter how well the bats start doing. Close games? Got no setup and no closer. And many non-close games cause of hacks who are starting. It is what it is: a 48 to 51-win team.

I would bet you any amount of money that the Sox win 52 or more games. 

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Lip Man, you are the man, but cutting Avi is a bit cruel. He put up some good numbers last year despite the BABIP frenzy on this board (not you). Lip Man you can't be serious bout Avi. Although if he continues to suck I will be disappointed. Yet if he hits .225 this year with 19 homers, he's definitely become Viciedo.

I'm not saying TO cut him, I'm not saying the Sox WILL cut him, the question was asked would I be OK with it if they did and my answer is yes. It wouldn't bother me at all since he's not going to be in their long range plans and as bad as he's been overall (save for a fluke year) the Sox won't get much if anything for him in trade.

Family reunion at Wrigley. TA Sr. recently released from confinement came by for a meal and a ballgame. Tim was raised by his aunt who he considered his mom. These are struggles a spoiled kid from the suburbs never had a clue about. #popshome Good luck to both Tims. It makes me sad that some NFL fans can be so insensitive and judgmental.