05/30/18 Sox at Indians 12:10pm

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Amazingly, even at -9 today, two teams are still a bit worse in RS/RA differential...Balt at -86 and Miami at -94.

We’re currently at -85.  KC -82.

WHO CARES.   ITS ALL BAD

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, fathom said:

Problem is the starting pitching has been pretty brutal in terms of finding future contributors. I still don't trust Lopez at all.

I believe I said multiple times last year that if the sox have a brutal season this year it doesn't bode well for the Sox to be a contender anytime soon. What pieces right now look like they can contribute to a winning team? As good as Lopez has looked would you classify him as a #3 starter on a contending team?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I tell you what they better not fuck up the top 2 pick they are getting in 2019 after this shit show of a season.  

You really think the NL Central won’t beat up on the Reds?   A lot more quality over there...although Pitt is falling back to earth, and quickly (see Cora/Freese confrontation.)

2 minutes ago, Bazox said:

What is an E6 ?

Error on the shortstop. That position is designated as 6. Pitcher 1, catcher 2, 1B 3, 2B 4, 3B 5, SS 6.

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1

What a god awful effort. Anderson's throwing is total garbage. Moncada's focus has been dogshit as well.  Taking first pitch fastball strike against Kluber was another very bad approach by him.

Edited by fathom

25 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I believe I said multiple times last year that if the sox have a brutal season this year it doesn't bode well for the Sox to be a contender anytime soon. What pieces right now look like they can contribute to a winning team? As good as Lopez has looked would you classify him as a #3 starter on a contending team?

Totally agree, this has been a dreadful season so far.  Renteria has not done a good job either.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Moncada looks like shit

For someone that can't hit off speed pitches, he is far too reluctant to go after first pitch fastballs. I know he said he's not going to worry about strikeouts this year, but having no plan at the plate is just wasting developmental at bats.  He's a frustrating player right now.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Moncada, Anderson, Abreu, and Sanchez are the only regular position players that can contribute to a winning team. I'm not yet sold on Davidson. 

Lopez is the only current guy in the rotation. Rodon will be back but counting on him to stay healthy is a fools errand. The FO is going to have to spend some $ on a couple FA arms if they expect to be competing in 2020. 

Hmm we have 16 wins after two months keeping my sub-50 win season right on pace. Worst team I've ever seen is this one. And yes, we've been just what the doctor ordered AGAIN for the Indians. Excuse time: Injuries, Lopez needs time, be patient, etc.  Maybe Hawk can tell us Ricky's boys don't quit. (Cue the excuses).

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Moncada looks like shit

How long is he signed up for , has he had his head turned , does he want away ? I don't know how it works in the States with sportsmen but this happens with soccer players over here when there agent gets a sniff of a better deal.

31 minutes ago, Tony said:

Moncada looks like shit

I still say all this losing can affect stud hitters with talent. Cause "what does it matter?" Rate Moncada when we get good, folks. You guys who want to lose have to accept the fact pathetic losing can affect certain hitters different ways.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1