8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10

joejoedairy

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What are the Sox even tanking for?  3rd pick instead of 4th maybe?  Guess I could be arsed to look at the standings.

Currently they're in 3rd pick slot and the Padres and Tigers are probably their main competition for 4th.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think Morton will either be an Astro for 1 more year or he will retire.

Why would Morton retire?  Did I miss something? 

edit: nevermind, I see you already answered that. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes you did, especially if you had just continued reading the thread after the post you quoted.

You're kind of cranky dude.  I apologize I missed it.  No need to be a internet tough guy over a simple question (that I edited), especially when I wasn't even talking to you.  

• Like 1

Another good day at the plate for Engel. That last at bat would have been out of most parks. 2 for 4, with a pair of doubles, will do just fine. Ever since he moved closer to the plate, he has been having good at bats. I'm still hoping for him to become an acceptable hitter. He's inching his way toward that point.

Just now, Lillian said:

Another good day at the plate for Engel. That last at bat would have been out of most parks. 2 for 4, with a pair of doubles, will do just fine. Ever since he moved closer to the plate, he has been having good at bats. I'm still hoping for him to become an acceptable hitter. He's inching his way toward that point.

For his sake, I hope so too, but a word of caution:  Ever since A-ball, Engel has been a constant cycle of radical wing adjustments, hot streaks, followed by ice cold streak, followed by radical swing adjustments, rinse and repeat.  Getting too caught up in a hot streak of his will leave us all disappointed, I fear.

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

For his sake, I hope so too, but a word of caution:  Ever since A-ball, Engel has been a constant cycle of radical wing adjustments, hot streaks, followed by ice cold streak, followed by radical swing adjustments, rinse and repeat.  Getting too caught up in a hot streak of his will leave us all disappointed, I fear.

I understand your skepticism. However, on the other hand, these adjustments may simply be part of the learning process. He does seem to be more comfortable, at the plate, doesn't he? His approach appears to be pretty sound now, and he is getting good results. I think, if he can get to the point where he can hit .250 and draw a few walks, he would be a useful piece, until Robert is ready. 

55 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You're kind of cranky dude.  I apologize I missed it.  No need to be a internet tough guy over a simple question (that I edited), especially when I wasn't even talking to you.  

Internet tough guy ? I didn't say  much except keep reading. I thought you may have been talking to anyone who was still reading the thread since it was after the game was over that you asked the question. My bad if you are so sensitive . Excuse me for informing you where you could find what you missed. Next time I will let others help you.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't like it either but that's the reality of things so you try to find whatever silver linings you can.

I decided to follow the farm system this season.  We are seeing some silver linings and hope to see more in the future. I've become a big fan of the Dash.