Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

So if the White Sox are insistent that they will not bid against themselves...isn't a plausible scenario that the White Sox would not believe Lozano if he said they had a $280 million offer, hold firm at $250, and then find out that the offer was real when he signs elsewhere?

I'm not an agent myself, but lying about an offer to entice a higher bid would be massively unethical. We should assume, if Lozano tells us a number, that it's valid.

Just now, The Sir said:

I'm not an agent myself, but lying about an offer to entice a higher bid would be massively unethical. We should assume, if Lozano tells us a number, that it's valid.

Hasn’t it been established Lozano is far from ethical?

One thing I will say is if we are at 8/250 and can’t up it another 10-15 million it makes you scratch your head on the Alonso and Jay acquisitions, then I will bite and say you could have taken that extra money to sweeten the pot for manny. My guess is they will be able to compete with the Padres offer but we shall see

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well it should comfort you to some extent, because otherwise we should believe the Sox’s offer was somewhere between 7/$175M and like 7/$210m.  If the Sox were at 8/$250M weeks ago, hard to believe they won’t go up another $20M to $30M to get this thing done.

Pretty much how I see it. Imagine we're talking significant deferred money for Padres too so Sox are really talking about 20 million max. That should mean nothing to them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

It is rather quiet on our end, almost zero mentions of the Whitesox in any tweet with either of these two since this has all gone down. I would suspect this is exactly how Sox management would like it.

100% agree.  The Sox have zero to gain from putting their cards on the table until the other side is willing to agree to a deal.  Therefore, there is no reason to believe our previous was our best offer.

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Lol if you're lying to your own clients your lying to teams. 

Hence the 8 240 and 8 280; basically accusing him of lying.

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

One thing I will say is if we are at 8/250 and can’t up it another 10-15 million it makes you scratch your head on the Alonso and Jay acquisitions, then I will bite and say you could have taken that extra money to sweeten the pot for manny. My guess is they will be able to compete with the Padres offer but we shall see

But Sox may also not want to pay more than “what they think he’s worth”, which is my bigger worry.

I understand all the pessimism but really other than us fans getting a fix from Sox rumors it’s more beneficial that we not hear them. I guarantee you Hahn and co. are working hard to get this done. The Sox will end up with Manny again it’s just a matter of how much and when it’s announced. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  The Sox have zero to gain from putting their cards on the table until the other side is willing to agree to a deal.  Therefore, there is no reason to believe our previous was our best offer.

Love

1 minute ago, bmags said:

But Sox may also not want to pay more than “what they think he’s worth”, which is my bigger worry.

Im trying to remain confident in the fact that management/ownership knew what they were getting into when they said we are allowed to have nice things. This isn’t the days of thrift shopping or getting someone for a bargain, at least not for these two players and if ownership thinks that way, then we weren’t serious to begin with.

1 minute ago, teorey23 said:

I understand all the pessimism but really other than us fans getting a fix from Sox rumors it’s more beneficial that we not hear them. I guarantee you Hahn and co. are working hard to get this done. The Sox will end up with Manny again it’s just a matter of how much and when it’s announced. 

Are we getting Bryce too Teo?

13 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

He doubled down when I asked him if there was any new info so idk

Hector never gives his own news anymore, always just tweets what others say and says if his source agrees or not with them. Not very creative. I'm starting to lose faith in Hector. #provemewronghector

2 minutes ago, teorey23 said:

Are you for real? Someone said to beware.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Everyone should be happy right now. This is almost over and manny will be fielding grounders next to timmy later this week..bet.

I’d rather live in a world where manny might play for the Sox than one where he plays for the fucking Padres. 

• Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres