Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, Tony said:

BREAKING: Sox fans want ownership to spend more to acquire better players. 

News at 11.

There was some good news...all the White Sox better minor league prospects didn’t get injured playing “tag” in the Dominican Republic, and they can market outreach/donations to that country in their Machado follow-up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1085994039109959684

I can just imagine if Cease would have slipped there and blown out his ACL on the playground while being chased by all those kids.  Madrigal would have been less popular than Alonso/Jay.

And at least it looks warm there!

6 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

It’s not Manny related.  He said as much on the original tweet where he posted those 👀 .

It was around the time there was Joc smoke so maybe Joc related.

In any event, it’s not bigger news than $1 beers at Kincaid’s which received

👀 👀 

31 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Lol then why post it when you did, Dave!

I think it has been made clear that the sources in the Sox organization of multiple people were very confident a move was about to happen, probably a Joc trade, and were surprised when it fell through at the last moment. Dave has gotten in trouble for scooping a potential trade too early before (which almost blew it up), so if the deal is still being discussed on different terms, I am guessing his source is asking him not to say what the deal is until it is renegotiated or fully falls through.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I think it has been made clear that the sources in the Sox organization of multiple people were very confident a move was about to happen, probably a Joc trade, and were surprised when it fell through at the last moment. Dave has gotten in trouble for scooping a potential trade too early before (which almost blew it up), so if the deal is still being discussed on different terms, I am guessing his source is asking him not to say what the deal is until it is renegotiated or fully falls through.

Said so by who, these same "insiders"?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m guessing this is related to Joc and that Hahn agreed to a trade for him that is dependent on the Dodgers landing Realmuto without giving up Verdugo.

Or it could be dependent on the Sox signing Manny, I guess. But in general I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Or it could be dependent on the Sox signing Manny, I guess. But in general I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense

Could be that too, but I lean the other way just because Dave & others seemed to think something was close at the time and IMO a Realmuto trade seems more likely to fit that billing than a Machado signing.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

There was some good news...all the White Sox better minor league prospects didn’t get injured playing “tag” in the Dominican Republic, and they can market outreach/donations to that country in their Machado follow-up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1085994039109959684

I can just imagine if Cease would have slipped there and blown out his ACL on the playground while being chased by all those kids.  Madrigal would have been less popular than Alonso/Jay.

And at least it looks warm there!

C’mon Caulfield! :glare:

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

She follows the marvel universe obviously, unless she is just really into Norse mythology.

Both of us love the Norse mythology but she is really into the marvel universe. I have her to thank for getting me into the marvel movies because I had not seen any until she took me to see Thor.

https://www.ibtimes.com/yankees-rumors-manny-machado-offer-low-new-york-still-has-chance-sign-top-free-agent-2756231

The Yankees are still supposedly involved...simply because many writers are choosing to believe the 7/175 offer over something like 8/240-260.  At least some writers are invested in keeping their name involved, is a better way of putting it.   

The Padres and Lozano have nothing to lose going to Miami...that’s for sure.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818457-manny-machado-rumors-no-decision-on-the-horizon-hasnt-met-with-padres-yet

Even though Morosi noted Machado himself hasn't met with San Diego officials, Acee cited "multiple sources aware of talks between the sides" in his report. 

Per The Athletic's Dennis Lin, the Padres have "expressed interest" in a face-to-face meeting with Machado that could potentially take place in Miami.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres