GT: MIN v CHW, 7/26/19, 7:10

soxfan49

Just now, Richie said:

Oh my god! I can't believe the FO isn't calling up Cease when he's just sitting there in the minors and our starting pitching is so bad! He couldn't possibly be this bad! 

Backup quarterback fallacy

What more could he possibly have to learn down there!

Gee... I don't know. Maybe how to pitch, for starters. But hey... who ever said command was important :)

Sure and he can learn that on a big league mound during a rebuild year. Nice lesson to learn that stuff won't save you always against big leaguers.

Young players struggle. Let him do it at this level and figure it out at this level. Not complex stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Would like to have Robert and Madrigal  on the big club so they can all mature together.  Every one of our future players is going to go through this learning curve.  Might as well get the suck over with together.

I’m not at all worried about the Sox future offense. It’s going to be a powerhouse. The pitching is still a major question though.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Remember when Ricky thought it would be a good idea to bunt.  Its like watching some daddy coach in travel ball get super cute.  

He needs to be gone.  Bunting for one run and getting none in the first inning against a team with a great offense.  He's a fucking moron.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Oh my god! I can't believe the FO isn't calling up Cease when he's just sitting there in the minors and our starting pitching is so bad! He couldn't possibly be this bad! 

What more could he possibly have to learn down there!

Gee... I don't know. Maybe how to pitch, for starters. But hey... who ever said command was important :)

So? Let him learn it here, not in god damn Charlotte. If this ruins his confidence forever, then he's a pussy and it was never going to work anyhow.

Most of this board wants Robert to come up where he'll walk once a month and strikeout twice a game. 

Let them do it up here.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Add Grandal and trade for a stopgap RF.  The rest of our resources go toward pitching.

Problem is it seems Twins are going to go after elite pitching also....I don’t think they’re going away for the next few years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

So? Let him learn it here, not in god damn Charlotte. If this ruins his confidence forever, then he's a pussy and it was never going to work anyhow.

Most of this board wants Robert to come up where he'll walk once a month and strikeout twice a game. 

Let them do it up here.

He's surely learn to bunt.

6 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Hahn better acquire a couple of bona fide major league good starting pitchers this offseason.

I love the Whitesox to a fault but something you and most of the people on this site do not understand no one wants to come here, they are the Kmart of Baseball organizations, no one but us cares about them.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

I might, probably are, be sn idiot but I'm taking Cease and WS tonight at +175.  I have a feeling that Cease might pitch really well tonight. 

Man was I wrong. This is a dead ass team right now. 

BTW- I know Cease hung some curve balls but the twins are sitting on that curve laying off all the good ones. 

1 minute ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I love the Whitesox to a fault but something you and most of the people on this site do not understand no one wants to come here, they are the Kmart of Baseball organizations, no one but us cares about them.

Money talks, bullshit walks.  Top free agents go to where the most money is.  The Sox tend to back out when they don't get a guy at their own price.

Just now, whitesoxbrad said:

This is just a dumb post.  90% of the time players go where the money is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

He's surely learn to bunt.

No question about that and it's becoming a necessity with Renteria at the helm

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Reed hasn't met a worm-burner pitch he won't swing at.

This Reed experiment should be over.  He sucks.

He is complete horseshit

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s fine...zero excuse we can’t outspend the Twins for pitching.

Well when the twins offer real money and we offer deferred Reinsdorf bucks that have a magical unknown value if you wait for it.  Most people see through that scam and will pick the other team.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Problem is it seems Twins are going to go after elite pitching also....I don’t think they’re going away for the next few years.

I said it back in April that the Twins, not the Indians, are the Sox’ biggest competition within the division for the first part of their contention window (what else is new). The good news is that I think the Twins are peaking over the next couple years and the Sox are the likely division favorite starting in 2021.

• Haha 1