Mous to the Reds, 4yr Deal

Sleepy Harold

Just now, DirtySox said:

Wow, this is a lot more than I figured. This is a bad contract by the Reds, but good on Mous.

MLB teams seem to be handling this off-season a little differently... with the CBA coming to a close. Seems like ownership may be looking to reverse the salary suppression belief.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Wow, this is a lot more than I figured. This is a bad contract by the Reds, but good on Mous.

MLB teams seem to be handling this off-season a little differently... with the CBA coming to a close. Seems like ownership may be looking to reverse the salary suppression belief.

Almost as if it were planned. hmmm

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

this was my prediction before the offseason, but I also just think this is what happens when about 1/2 of the teams are looking to add, compared to last year which felt like was less than 1/3.

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Almost as if it were planned. hmmm

Yeah, minimize salary growth over a few year period in the middle of the CBA, and then give them a slight escalation before negotiations to argue you haven't been doing that; hoping that recency bias overcomes the fact that they allowed salaries to stagnate for 3 years while revenues continued to grow. I don't see it working as a negotiating strategy, but I imagine the FA"s this year are happy.

How can one argue that Mous and Grandal are worth MORE this off-season than last? You can't, so the only explanation is the above imo.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, minimize salary growth over a few year period in the middle of the CBA, and then give them a slight escalation before negotiations to argue you haven't been doing that; hoping that recency bias overcomes the fact that they allowed salaries to stagnate for 3 years while revenues continued to grow. I don't see it working as a negotiating strategy, but I imagine the FA"s this year are happy.

How can one argue that Mous and Grandal are worth MORE this off-season than last? You can't, so the only explanation is the above imo.

You could argue a second year of well above average offense in a row helped Grandal. Moose, idk what that's all about.